Why can't I recieve anything through Bluethooth from non Blackberrys? I can send data via Bluetooth, but when friends or family try to bluetooth me, it says service not supported. Does it have to be BB only? I have it set as discoverable,and can bond with other phones just can't recieve. Help please.
    12-14-07 07:28 PM
    Bluetooth seems virtually useless at receiving from a nonBB device, says "service not supported" even with encryption turned off and both devices "trusted"
    Any ideas?
    12-16-07 04:02 AM
    I have just purchased a black berry 8310 and can not receive bluetooth from other phones but can send it quite easily.

I hate when you buy something for the elite technology and then it doesnt work.

If anyone has a solution I would be forever greatful.
    12-29-07 10:31 PM
    On the BB to receive the file go to Media >Menu key >Explore. Browse to the folder you want to store the file in. Hit the menu key and select "Receive using Bluetooth." Then send from the other device. Make sure your devices are paired first.
    12-29-07 10:50 PM
    Thanks, I agree, I've found the crux is that with the BB there is an extra "first" step compared with other devices, and that is to make the BB "receptive" first as described above by John Clark. See also thread BB discussions / 83xx / Bluetooth Cracked YAY by gregthorne.
    12-30-07 03:27 AM
    Its so ridiculously slow though that its almost not worth it. A 5mb song took over 3 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 10:17 PM
    On the BB to receive the file go to Media >Menu key >Explore. Browse to the folder you want to store the file in. Hit the menu key and select "Receive using Bluetooth." Then send from the other device. Make sure your devices are paired first.
    Thank you for the help, it's so easy now. A week of searching every resource possible, then I came across this site & this help. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-14-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD