All,

I have a situation where a user wants to get mails going to the Junk Mail folder of Exchange mail box in his BIS configured Blackberry.

I have Exchange 2003 server with SP2 instaleld and i am using GFI for Anti Spam. As per the spam handling GFI is pushing all emails considered as spam to the Junk Email folder and trying to keep inbox free from spam. While doing this some good mails are also going to the Junk mail folder.

My blackberry user is a BIS user and hes getting only mails which are in inbox. Hes not getting mails which are moved to Junk Mail and that way hes missing some good mails also. As hes a roaming user hes totally dependent on Blackberry for his mails and hes not intrested in logging to webmail and check Junk mail folder.

How to solve this problem? Is there anyway i can move mails in Junk mail folder back to inbox for blackberry device to get it?

User device is blackberry curve.

Thanks in advance

Qman
    Last edited by Qman2007; 08-27-08 at 02:51 AM.
    08-27-08 02:46 AM
    Hi,

GFI MailEssentials does not move the emails to the Junk email - it will just set the SCL value to a value which makes the email look as spam by Microsoft Exchange. Microsoft Exchange will then move these emails to the Junk mail folder if it is configured to do so.

For this specific user, ask him to logon to Outlook Web access, and go to Options -> Privacy and Junk E-mail Prevention. He should un-select the option 'Filter Junk E-mail'. This will cause emails which are detected as spam by GFI MailEssentials to remain in the Inbox of the user.

Regards,
    Nicholas Sciberras
    GFI Software
    Messaging, Content Security & Network Security Software
    09-03-08 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD