So yeah I used to have a Blackberry Curve from T-Mobile that was relatively new (came out in 2009). It was the first smartphone I've had for a while since the god awful iPhone. I hate the iphone with so much passion, so please don't tell me how great it is.

Anyhoo, I'm a textaholic and was close to graduating from college in less than six months, so emails that went straight to my college email were pivotal for me doing well and keeping up to date on group meetings and all that stuff.

1) I love the physical keyboard. I'm using swype on my android (T-Mobile G2) and I've already texted too many lewd messages thanks to "auto correct". It has a physical keyboard but it's no blackberry. Not very intuitive.

2) Easy email set up. I work for an e-mail marketing company. I'm tech savvy enough, though I love the simplicity of just putting down your email address and password and your blackberry takes care of the rest. That's how I was able to use my .edu email. Can't do that with the Android without knowing some backend stuff, which I don't think is worth looking into.

3)BBM. Sending images and videos is super simple on the Blackberry. Android displays images as movies. Yes you've heard that right and you can't save them.

4) Potential employers respect your emails that say "sent from blackberry" more so than if it said iPhone or Android. That's a FACT! (Fanboys quiet!)

5) Battery life. I wouldn't charge my blackberry for 4 days. and I'm a power user.

Things I wish my blackberry could do.

1) 4G!!!!! I wish it had better browsing....thanks to the Android I've gotten used to it.

2) More apps. That's easily remedied, probably with time as Blackberry will get back on top.

Heh, not much for the Blackberry to improve...I'm just hoping for 4G and a bigger screen and faster browsing. I love my Android, but I'd love to switch back to my blackberry if I could.

Oh and FYI, I'm strictly Blackberry Curve
    01-02-12 12:24 AM
    I hope I never get the opportunity to miss my blackberry.
    jamesbondOO7 and anon(375378) like this.
    01-02-12 12:44 AM
    So yeah I used to have a Blackberry Curve from T-Mobile that was relatively new (came out in 2009). It was the first smartphone I've had for a while since the god awful iPhone. I hate the iphone with so much passion, so please don't tell me how great it is.

Anyhoo, I'm a textaholic and was close to graduating from college in less than six months, so emails that went straight to my college email were pivotal for me doing well and keeping up to date on group meetings and all that stuff.

1) I love the physical keyboard. I'm using swype on my android (T-Mobile G2) and I've already texted too many lewd messages thanks to "auto correct". It has a physical keyboard but it's no blackberry. Not very intuitive.

2) Easy email set up. I work for an e-mail marketing company. I'm tech savvy enough, though I love the simplicity of just putting down your email address and password and your blackberry takes care of the rest. That's how I was able to use my .edu email. Can't do that with the Android without knowing some backend stuff, which I don't think is worth looking into.

3)BBM. Sending images and videos is super simple on the Blackberry. Android displays images as movies. Yes you've heard that right and you can't save them.

4) Potential employers respect your emails that say "sent from blackberry" more so than if it said iPhone or Android. That's a FACT! (Fanboys quiet!)

5) Battery life. I wouldn't charge my blackberry for 4 days. and I'm a power user.

Things I wish my blackberry could do.

1) 4G!!!!! I wish it had better browsing....thanks to the Android I've gotten used to it.

2) More apps. That's easily remedied, probably with time as Blackberry will get back on top.

Heh, not much for the Blackberry to improve...I'm just hoping for 4G and a bigger screen and faster browsing. I love my Android, but I'd love to switch back to my blackberry if I could.

Oh and FYI, I'm strictly Blackberry Curve
    I'm sorry a curve with a bigger screen? Probally won't ever happen.
    Power user. Using a curve and comparing w/ an android. This is like an oxymoron. I love my curves but their not built to tote the load like a bold or a torch.
    Good news here... If you want a bigger screen faster browser and a touch scree. Look at the 9860. Its awsome. Very fast. Its a Torch not a curve though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-12 12:45 AM
    Get the Bold 9900, problems solved!
    recompile and Lead_Express like this.
    01-02-12 01:00 AM
    Bold 9900/9930 if you like or need the best keyboard and portability.

Torch 9810 if you favor a bigger screen and also want a keyboard, yet dont mind a bigger device.
    01-02-12 01:09 AM
    Get the Bold 9900, problems solved!

It's kinda bulky for my taste. I loved how my curve was light.
    fonefanatic#IM likes this.
    01-02-12 01:46 AM
    Bold 9900/9930 if you like or need the best keyboard and portability.

Torch 9810 if you favor a bigger screen and also want a keyboard, yet dont mind a bigger device.
    I love the torch but the keyboard is tiny as ...it's like were they trying to make it tiny on purpose? I don't mind a bigger device, the torch is pretty decent in my honest opinion.
    01-02-12 01:47 AM
    When it comes to battery life the curve is usually the winner. Because it is an entry level berry it has less demanding hardware like smaller processors and a lower res screen. That said for what you need and use it for because your a text and email nut I don't really agree with above posters saying its not able to carry the workload of a bold or torch.

I agree with the email sig but you can make your iphone one say blackberry in the sig settings.

I bet if you bought a bb7 curve you would be a lot more impressed with the data speeds as they are a lot faster than an og curve.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    01-02-12 01:54 AM
    Go with the new OS7 Curve or wait and see if T-Mobile gets the Bold 9790. OS7 is a huge improvement. 9900 is wider but so thin it doesn't feel bulky or heavy at all.
    01-02-12 02:09 AM
    Ummmm...I've saved several images sent to me on my Android phone. I haven't tried to save any videos sent to me. They do open with the video player or if you've installed a market video app, you can change it to that for default.

Of the last four employers I've had and the two I currently have, none of them have had BBs. I work for a very large school district and now that the district allows administration to use whatever phone they want, I see a ton of iPhones instead of BBs. And, really, I don't even remember the last time someone had that their emails were sent from their phone. They're typically customized, for example...

Mine says:
    With Thanks,
    then my name
    then my phone number

Then my dept and the building I work at

Then the extras I'm in charge of

at least on my exchange. On my gmail, I just have my With Thanks, and my name.

So given two candidates, I seriously doubt that *sent from BB vs *sent from WM is going to matter at all. We like to think of the BB as the business phone. But, really, they're all just phones.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    01-02-12 03:31 AM
    Looks like an iPhone would solve the issues you're having with your Android, ha ha just messing with you.

I personally don't like seeing the tag when people send emails, I feel like RIM or Apple or Google should be paying me to give them free advertising. I also don't want customers to know I'm using a mobile device, it's not just a Blackberry world anymore and I don't want to "offend" non-BB users when I send emails from my Torch. I know it sounds silly, but some people are truly in love with their mobile devices...
    01-02-12 06:44 AM
    Only keyboard and bbm will make me sad...
    01-02-12 08:12 AM
    I question what kind of problem people have that hate products with a passion. It cracks me up when people "hate" products, concepts, and companies they probably know little about. Wow, what anger and a way to live.
    01-02-12 08:41 AM
    Looks like an iPhone would solve the issues you're having with your Android, ha ha just messing with you.

I personally don't like seeing the tag when people send emails, I feel like RIM or Apple or Google should be paying me to give them free advertising. I also don't want customers to know I'm using a mobile device, it's not just a Blackberry world anymore and I don't want to "offend" non-BB users when I send emails from my Torch. I know it sounds silly, but some people are truly in love with their mobile devices...
    lol...I don't want parents know I can respond back with my phone. We're given 24 hours to respond back to parents. Last thing I want is to get another email 2 hours later wondering why I haven't responded yet.
    01-02-12 11:42 AM
    have you used the 9900?

The 9300 (which I assume is what you had)
    109 x 60 x 13.9 mm (90906mm^3) 104 g
    The 9900
    115 x 66 x 10.5 mm (79695mm^3) 130 g

The 9300 was more "bulky" having more volume for less weight, than the 9900, (fyi I carry both the 9300, and the 9900, I appreciate both devices for their strengths, and weaknesses, )

But because of your likes of the 9300, I wouldn't actually suggest a 9900, I'd suggest a 9360 (109 x 60 x 11 mm (71940mm^3) 99g, but it still doesn't make up for your cons of the BlackBerry
    01-02-12 01:41 PM

It says to me: "This person doesn't even know how to change his default email sig." Hope you're not looking for an IT job...

That's just free brand promotion until someone wises up. I would not want any unnecessary info tacked onto an email if I was looking for a job.
    Guatiao likes this.
    01-02-12 01:48 PM
    It says to me: "This person doesn't even know how to change his default email sig." Hope you're not looking for an IT job...

That's just free brand promotion until someone wises up. I would not want any unnecessary info tacked onto an email if I was looking for a job.
    I actually had "sent from my BlackBerry "attached to my LotusNotes signature for most of 2009, Having "sent from my BlackBerry" attached afforded me the luxury of sending quick replies without all the formalities of desktop email replies. The business email market has shifted as more and more people have smartphones and send emails on them, and more touchscreens make emails far less formal since punctuation and capitalization seems to be less and less important.

Now it makes little difference the tag on the end of my email, email etiquette is about the same as text messages. so I can send off an email simply with a 5 word reply to a question without pleasantries, without acknowledgement of the question, answer and go.
    01-02-12 02:02 PM
    have you used the 9900?

The 9300 (which I assume is what you had)
    109 x 60 x 13.9 mm (90906mm^3) 104 g
    The 9900
    115 x 66 x 10.5 mm (79695mm^3) 130 g

The 9300 was more "bulky" having more volume for less weight, than the 9900, (fyi I carry both the 9300, and the 9900, I appreciate both devices for their strengths, and weaknesses, )

But because of your likes of the 9300, I wouldn't actually suggest a 9900, I'd suggest a 9360 (109 x 60 x 11 mm (71940mm^3) 99g, but it still doesn't make up for your cons of the BlackBerry
    I had the Curve 8320. But I'm open to purchasing a heavier device, we can't have it all.
    01-02-12 02:06 PM
    I had the Curve 8320. But I'm open to purchasing a heavier device, we can't have it all.
    Oh the 8320, a BEAUTIFUL and amazing phone! I still miss my 8330, would give up my 9300 in a heart beat if I was allowed to have a 8330 as my work phone again. that was a dream device,

The 8320 was
    107 x 60 x 15.5 mm (99510mm^3) 111 g

so the move to a 9900, or a 9360 would be a significantly less bulky and a considerably faster device, the 9300 loaded webpages approximately 40% faster than my 8330 did, and my 9900 loads easily twice as fast as the 9300 does,
    8320 was 2G, 9300 was 3G, 9900 is 3G+
    01-02-12 02:14 PM
    +1 for the 9900, it's a fantastic device. So nice and light in the pocket and all the features one could want (except auto focus). Try one and if you don't like it, take it back. That's what I did and there's no way I'm taking this thing back.
    01-02-12 02:59 PM
    Now it makes little difference the tag on the end of my email, email etiquette is about the same as text messages. so I can send off an email simply with a 5 word reply to a question without pleasantries, without acknowledgement of the question, answer and go.
    Yep. I work in IT for a Fortune 200 and no one thinks twice about a quick reply in email which is less than formal due to smartphone usage.
    01-02-12 04:57 PM
    Sounds like you need a pre pixi......just sayin'....
    01-02-12 07:35 PM
    Sounds like you need a pre pixi......just sayin'....
    I done know what that is. Please keep in mind I was born in 1987.
    01-02-12 07:45 PM
    I done know what that is. Please keep in mind I was born in 1987.
    LOL. This made me laugh. You ain't that young that you missed the Pixi.
    01-02-12 10:08 PM
    I love FACTS!
    01-03-12 06:50 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD