Hello everyone,
    I was an android user until the touch screen of my phone completely shattered. Many of my friends use blackberry and they love their phones, but they can never seem to give me reasons why blackberry is so much better. I know about the amazingness of the keyboard, the push email, and bbm. What is good about blackberry that android does not have that would convince me to switch? I am 18 and do not need a blackberry for corporate reasons, i would be using this as a general consumer. Thanks for your help!
    07-01-11 11:17 PM
    Battery life i guess...
    07-01-11 11:22 PM
    Physical keyboard for email, text, and BBM. I have Crackberry on my phone all day too, which is another plus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 12:02 AM
    1. keyboard - THE biggest reason I still have, and love, my BB
    2. battery life (my wife has Android; she loves it, but battery life stinks)
    3. BBM - if your friends have BBs, then BBM would be huge.
    07-02-11 12:09 AM
    • BBM.
    • Official Windows Live Messenger Client.
    • Amazing Battery Life.
    • Push Email/Notifications/IM/BBM.
    • Can remain social without significantly impacting battery.
    • World-class security features.
    • Most network offer unlimited data on the BIS addon.
    • Physical keyboard (I do prefer swype on Android though).
    • Reliability and great support.
    • Blinking LED alert light.
    • Some models like BB Torch 9800 offer word phone capabilities for traveling as they can run off literally any network (minus CDMA).
    • They are addictive.
    • Built to be sociable with Twitter, Facebook, IM, BBM, etc.
    • The whole in a case senor thingy that keeps battery life high.
    • 35 hours of music playback, anyone?
    moiselles likes this.
    07-02-11 12:11 AM
    Another great feature is the customizable profiles.
    moiselles likes this.
    07-02-11 12:41 AM
    Well, since many of your friends are on a BB, BBM will be amazing for you. I absolutely love it.

Battery life is considerably better than most android devices (my mom has a Droid2, so I am speaking from experience).

Physical Keyboard is also amazing, I love typing with my phone and rarely make mistakes (there is still auto corrections).

I also love the messaging system and layout. You have everything in one place (all emails, bbms, txts, Facebook and twitter messages and more). (plus you can also seperate your emails by seperate email folders).

I also find themes are fun and awesome. You can change the look and feel of your devices UI whenever you want!

Durability of the device is also great; the device can take hits (and supposedly can last the longest if it falls in water).

There aren't as many apps as Android, but I find all the really necessary ones in app world and have no problems with them.

Honestly, it all comes down to user preference, but I find BB to be extremely functional and a great device despite the cr*p it gets in the press. Also, the browser isn't half bad. You will have a better browsing experience on an Android when compared to current BB models, but OS6's webkit browser isn't that bad at all. And the OS7 browser is going to amazing from what I've seen in videos and demos.

If you really want an amazing device that is competitive in the market today I would get a used phone and wait for the new devices to drop next month (Bold Touch 99XX, Monaco Touch, Torch2).

Good luck choosing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 01:47 AM
    U don't need reasons. Just do it. Once u hav used it, u'll love it. Don't know why. Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-02-11 02:19 AM
    You don't need reasons. Just do it. Once you have used it, you'll love it. Don't know why but you'll just love it. Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-02-11 02:21 AM
    DUDE, you're so right, use it and you'll love it, Blackberry RULES!!!!
    07-02-11 02:34 AM
    Reasons from someone who has left BB....

1. The company you work for requires a BB.
    2. Absolutely got to have a physical keyboard.
    3. Less data consumption.
    4. Removable battery (if you're a power hog).
    5. Personal preference.

At this point there really aren't many other reasons. In a vacuum it doesn't make much sense to choose a BB based on specs. But if you fit into one of the five points listed above, then it doesn't make much sense to get a non-BB device. Sure, you could satisfy the physical keyboard requirement with a Droid Pro or a slider, but those are less than ideal alternatives to a BB keyboard.
    07-02-11 06:44 AM
    Two words: Word Subsitution

OMG. It's the best thing ever. I have so many custom words and abbrevations for words that it makes typing on my BlackBerry so easy and fast. So instead of typing out "BlackBerry", I simply input "bb" and it comes out as "BlackBerry". GENIUS! And the Custom Dictionary is nice too, I put all my curse words in there so they don't get spell checked and corrected.
    07-02-11 06:59 AM