Gotta love how OP's post count is 666 at the time of posting this tread...
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    08-28-13 05:19 PM
    There are no reasons to hate and many reasons to criticise.
    However, OP i fear that you are one of these people who are just unable to distinguish between the two.
    As such i do not expect you to find any satisfactory answers from this thread, but i hope you realise that criticism doesnt mean hate
    I know when someone is criticizing thank you very much. If it's criticism I read everyday on blogs, threads and fanpages then I say leave it to professions. Other than that it's just unnecessary bashing of a product never given a chance of redemption. Calling a product "****ty" without even trying the newest device is not what I consider "criticism".

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:21 PM
    People hate BlackBerry cause while android and iPhone came out with great multi media modern phones BlackBerry still tried to sell old slow technology. Then BlackBerry showed up with a semi modern z10 2 years too late and did absolutely no marketing to sell the dam thing or try and redeem their image.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    08-28-13 05:41 PM
    People hate BlackBerry cause while android and iPhone came out with great multi media modern phones BlackBerry still tried to sell old slow technology. Then BlackBerry showed up with a semi modern z10 2 years too late and did absolutely no marketing to sell the dam thing or try and redeem their image.

Posted via CB10
    Why hate them for it? Move on sure. But hate?

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    08-28-13 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Even though there is a lot of validity in how your describe BlackBerry's misjudgments and failures, I am not seeing a reason to hate the company. All business rise and fall. Some recover and some don't, but I don't think I've seen a customer base take a company's actions as personally as dieehard BlackBerry fans.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-28-13 06:55 PM
    Even though there is a lot of validity in how your describe BlackBerry's misjudgments and failures, I am not seeing a reason to hate the company. All business rise and fall. Some recover and some don't, but I don't think I've seen a customer base take a company's actions as personally as dieehard BlackBerry fans.
    True. No hate here but I think I just might move on when my upgrade is here.

I have a look at it like maybe some of it is redirected to here from something/one else so maybe it's a good thing?
    08-28-13 06:59 PM
    ...and that's how sane rational people behave. Unfortunately this hate nonsense is the product of over the top fanatical wingnuts who somehow believe they have a personal stake in the rise or fall of BlackBerry, and that anyone who says some negative about it, who do not share their "BlackBerry for Life" mentality, who have opinions they disagree with, have insulted them and every person in their genetic line...past, present and future.

You will never get people to all love the same thing or share the same view of it, even among people who all use the same thing. This "hate" idiocy will go away when these perpetually aggrieved people grow up.
    End thread.

Well said AG.
    08-28-13 07:05 PM
    I'm writing this thread because it seems there's still a lot of hate towards BlackBerry. I want to know what are the reasons for this hatred. Instead of broken promises (I get why there's no BB10 update for PB so I don't consider that a broken promise) and delayed releases what are some other reasons? Why the hate?

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z(ed)10 \m/
    I don't hate them. I hate that they have created a generation of people that stick up
    for them as if whatever happens to them has any personal effect on those people.
    Basically what AG described. It has created that. Ugly, ugly people.
    08-28-13 07:16 PM
    Another day, another "why the hate" thread. Seriously...that's the timing now. Will there be another one tomorrow? Will it say anything new? I can hardly wait to find out.

Crackberry should really institute some sort of search type function. That would be a really good idea. Oh wait...
    08-28-13 07:33 PM
    None of those are reasons to hate. Not care for, avoid, or dislike maybe. But hate? Unless the company makes a concerted effort to intentionally make my life miserable, there's no reason to hate.

The problem on these forums, is that not many people really grasp or understand what the term "hate" means.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I agree -- "hate" is too strong a word and sentiment to describe what I feel about BBRY.

Perhaps it is disappointment or disgust or sadness but, I agree with your point that hate is likely not what I feel since my life will go on regardless of BBRY's fate.

Ultimately, though, I feel very let down as a consumer and a longstanding BB user with the way BBRY has executed BB10. So much potential and promise missed despite so many chances, so much time and so many resources employed. So perhaps sadness, disappointment and disgust are more apt adjectives.
    08-28-13 07:35 PM
    I know when someone is criticizing thank you very much. If it's criticism I read everyday on blogs, threads and fanpages then I say leave it to professions. Other than that it's just unnecessary bashing of a product never given a chance of redemption. Calling a product "****ty" without even trying the newest device is not what I consider "criticism".

Posted via CB10
    Most of the so-called hate is a product of post like this.

I can't count how many times I've been called a hater when I'm critical of bb. I've earned the right to be critical by buying dozens of their products and giving them thousands of dollars of my money. Do I hate them? Of course not.

If someone says anything like "my battery life is terrible" some white knight has to jump in to say "go back to imore troll".

Oh and anytime a thread like "BlackBerry is the bestest thing ever!" is started it's just asking for trouble
    08-28-13 07:39 PM
    There are only two circumstances which I could think of as to why someone could hate a company:
    1. Said company engages in unethical, questionable, or morally wrong business practices
    2. Company harmed your, your family, or a loved one, personally

Anyway, I don't understand the general dislike towards BlackBerry. It's hard for me to deny that it exists, however. BlackBerry fits neither of the criteria that I would think would earn it disgust, yet I see so many actively rooting for its demise. This isn't just from random Internet commenters like myself, but from writers and websites. Never have I seen negativity exaggerated to the extent that I see regarding the news surrounding BlackBerry shown toward its competitors. Needless to say, negative (or, in this case, overly-negative) press can hurt sales because people think either A.) BlackBerry is gone or B.) BlackBerry will not exist in the near future and potential investment in a BlackBerry product would be wasted.

Now, to be clear, I am not talking about criticism or analysts doing their job by providing guidance to shareholders. I used to deny that there was any real hatred towards BlackBerry in the press, but now I can't really argue against it. Here's two articles writing on the same topic: the possibility of branching off BBM to it's own sub-company.

From the Christian Science Monitor: BlackBerry considers spin-off messaging service - CSMonitor.com

From CNET: Rumor Has It: Bye-bye, BlackBerry -- hello, BBM? | Rumor Has It - CNET

The spin here is pretty obvious. Consider, however, which site an average consumer looking to upgrade their phone would visit for information on the latest phones on the market. Would they be more likely to CSM or CNET? The impact can be greater than at first glance.
    08-28-13 07:46 PM
    What does the preposition "on" add to the meaning of "hate" in the title? If none, why use it? I hate that.

Sent from Tapatalk.
    08-28-13 07:59 PM
    One two three four
    I declare a flame war!

Five Six Seven Eight
    Your phone sux and my phone's great!

Posted via CB10
    OMG. Made my day. Love this clever post

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    08-28-13 07:59 PM
    Good points. I don't hate them. I'm just extremely disappointed. I really like the shape and size of z10. And I think the operating system is quite cool with tons of potential. And I love that they're a Canadian company. If only they'd gotten their act together 2 years ago.
    As for moving on. I plan to. Reaearching android phones right now. I'd like a stock android phone and being from Canada that means either Moto x or nexus. And maybe Sony cause they have quite a light non intrusive skin. Any suggestions on my choices???

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 08:21 PM
    I'm writing this thread because it seems there's still a lot of hate towards BlackBerry. I want to know what are the reasons for this hatred. Instead of broken promises (I get why there's no BB10 update for PB so I don't consider that a broken promise) and delayed releases what are some other reasons? Why the hate?

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z(ed)10 \m/
    Is all of it hate or personal opinion towards BlackBerry or maybe.......frustrations?

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    08-28-13 08:26 PM
    I can say they've disappointed and angered me from time to time with their recent failures and misses. But do I hate them for it? No. Hate is such a strong word and emotion...nothing that should be used to describe a mobile solutions company.
    h20work likes this.
    08-28-13 08:29 PM
    I do consider the PlayBook a broken promise. Sorry but I do.
    It is a broken promise. They said they were going to do it and they didn't. I get that there may be perfectly logical reasons for it, but it disappointed a lot pf people ... me included.
    h20work, Rello, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    08-28-13 08:30 PM
    Good points. I don't hate them. I'm just extremely disappointed. I really like the shape and size of z10. And I think the operating system is quite cool with tons of potential. And I love that they're a Canadian company. If only they'd gotten their act together 2 years ago.
    As for moving on. I plan to. Reaearching android phones right now. I'd like a stock android phone and being from Canada that means either Moto x or nexus. And maybe Sony cause they have quite a light non intrusive skin. Any suggestions on my choices???

Posted via CB10
    Nexus 4 is $199/$249 right now off contract. Can't really beat that.
    08-28-13 08:31 PM
    People hate BlackBerry cause while android and iPhone came out with great multi media modern phones BlackBerry still tried to sell old slow technology.
    You're exaggerating pretty heavily. You make it sound like BlackBerrys never increased in hardware specs since 2007. The BlackBerry 7 devices were twice as quick, had higher res screens, GPUs etc. And while the PlayBook had flaws, I wouldn't call its hardware in 2011 "old, slow technology".

and did absolutely no marketing to sell the dam thing
    Absolutely positively no marketing whatsoever? None at all. I imagined that Superbowl commercial? Those tv commercials I see all the time? That big Pearson airport kiosk? The signs on the subways? All the sponsorhip I see with Amazing race?

Again, you could argue about the effectiveness perhaps, but I've certainly seen plenty of marketing for BlackBerry 10 devices.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-28-13 08:35 PM
    One two three four
    I declare a flame war!

Five Six Seven Eight

Posted via CB10
    Love it!
    08-28-13 08:39 PM
    One two three four
    I declare a flame war!

Five Six Seven Eight

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 08:40 PM
    Personally, I think the guys and girls at Blackberry are working their asses off trying to do the best they can. I can't say the same for the C suite section though. They are hampered with bad, bad leadership.
    MasterOfBinary and kbz1960 like this.
    08-28-13 08:44 PM
    Personally, I think the guys and girls at Blackberry are working their asses off trying to do the best they can.
    The challenge is that they have a lot of catching up to do. Apple had the luxury of quietly working on a disruptive iPhone in complete secrecy. BlackBerry does not.

And no matter how many things have gotten a lot better than before (and I happen to think many things are a lot better than before), they have so much lost ground to recover that it will be a tall order.
    08-28-13 08:47 PM
    The challenge is that they have a lot of catching up to do. Apple had the luxury of quietly working on a disruptive iPhone in complete secrecy. BlackBerry does not.

And no matter how many things have gotten a lot better than before (and I happen to think many things are a lot better than before), they have so much lost ground to recover that it will be a tall order.
    Their problem, and i agree with you, is that even if they DOUBLE or triple sales it won't be enough. The market is growing exponentially and they aren't. Sad to see, but I can't see another avenue for them apart from privatisation and eventual break up.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-28-13 08:55 PM
68 123