There are many legitimate complaints about RIM and while that is true I wanted to share why I choose their phone and tablet over the others. Feel free to comment in any way you like, but especially feel free to share why you are a BB user.

My main selling point is price, that is why I am with tmobile after all. I want to have a flagship phone gadgetry experience at a lower cost. My wife and I have a phone plan with all the bells and whistles, with tethering and the bridge browser and the whole nine yards for 140 a month. To get a comensurate plan with anyone else would be 250 a month.

There is no denying that thelatest iphones do alot of really cool things and they generally do them better tbh. The big difference is the style though, other phones can do the same things just not in as sexy a manner.

That said, while I dont mind slamming down alot of money to buy one thing and own it, I abhore monthly fee increases. I would rather buy a gps for 500 bucks then pay 15 a month to use one. And for 110 bucks a month savings on not having the iphone ipad setup, well thats more than worth it to me.

I can do anything with my BB/PB media wise that I want to anyways. It has required me to unlock my music and digitize my dvd collection but I am finding that is more of a plus than a minus. Any drawbacks are more than made up for in the monthly savings.

Not to say that you cant get the same thing from android on tmobile because you can, but then you have to deal with editing and organizing your contacts on an android phone. My wife has one and its such a mess. We know tmo will likely go att but we are gonna lock ourselves in a rwo year contract when I get the 9900 to be safe.

Not everyone has the same savings, but the bridge browser alone saves yall 25 a month so that is worth alot as well.
    08-01-11 09:31 AM
    For me bb is the ultimate phone, it's not flashy (I hate flashy stuff) and does what it was made to do, communicate!
    The keyboard makes it an absolute winner for me, combine that with the no BS OS and (for me) you have a winning device.
    BBM is THE tool I use to keep in touch with my friends who live all over Europe and it saves me a lot of money (that's for sure, before bbm I payed about 120 euro's in sms cousts, that's about 170 us dollars, now I pay 15 euro's for my BIS, that's about 21 us dollars)
    Yes other phones have similar ways to sent messages, but for me, BBM is the way to go, again, no BS, just plain functionality, and I just LOVE the groups in BBM.
    08-01-11 10:27 AM
    i need communication and security, there for bb is the only choice for me.
    battery life and BBM are bonuses.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    08-01-11 10:39 AM
    I have played with them all: Symbian, WM, Android, Apple my preference and what I always come back to is my Blackberry. After playing with all above platforms I have found a couple needs. First, I need a keyboard. Just works better for me. Second battery life. It must last a full day. Nothing worse than having to make sure I bring with me charges and such. Third, I am always connected to the outside. I can always be reached be it through IM's, text, BBM, Emails and Phone.

I will say that I was impressed with the E series from Nokia. If I had to choose a backup that would be my choice.
    John Yester likes this.
    08-01-11 11:22 AM
    If you're paying for data, Then the compression in the BB system is worth not having the latest toy/phone.
    08-01-11 11:39 AM
    If you are someone who is on the go a lot and needs pushed email, there is no comparison. Blackberry is by far the best option.

Compressed data is huge if you don't have an unlimited plan.

If those things arent important to you, then other phones may be better options.
    08-01-11 11:55 AM
    I like to actually receive the emails that are sent to me, and have custom notifications for my different accounts (without sending my emails to god-knows-who). Hence, a BB is the only choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 12:30 PM
    My main reasons to buy a BlackBerry are;

- Battery life (my 9780 makes it up to ALMOST 4 days, moderate usage)
    - Superb physical keyboard... I just can't get used to typing on a screen
    - Push mail, which RIM does perfectly

Yesterday I pre-ordered the new 9900... I really hope I don't get a MAJOR setback in battery life!
    08-01-11 12:36 PM
    I made a list one night of what I wanted out of a phone.
    Physical keyboard is my number one, granted I use my virtual keyboard when I text. But writing long emails I like using my physical keyboard.
    Customizability, themes are a big thing for me. I'm big on simplicity and I never use the default theme for my phone.
    BBM is a MUST have. Mostly or all my friends have BBs and we all use BBM.
    Batterylife
    Push email.

08-01-11 12:45 PM
    The only smartphone I have used would be my blackberry which I've only owned for 3-4 months so you can take my comment any way you want. But first of all I absolutely LOVE the keyboard. I used to have the pantech crux, and I hated texting on that thing, it slowed my overall texting speed down. I've considered getting either a torch or the new bold with touch screen because you get the joy of touching things on screen without the pain of using the screen as your keyboard. But another plus for me is the BBM. Because of BBM I have friends in indonesia, france, and hopefully soon some other countries. People have talked about the battery life on their phones but honestly I never get anymore then 6-8 hours on mine (then again I'm a very heavy user) I also enjoy the stability of the OS, while sure there is small things that bring it down occasionally but as long as you reset it on a regular basis you can use this device for whatever you need to use a phone for. If I wanted games I have a laptop that is always around me. Now I do wish there was a decent pdf/document suite on this "business" phone but besides that I generally like my phone. I've considered switching to android for about two weeks to try it out but I first have to find a device that I can use.

08-01-11 12:47 PM
    I have played with them all: Symbian, WM, Android, Apple my preference and what I always come back to is my Blackberry. After playing with all above platforms I have found a couple needs. First, I need a keyboard. Just works better for me. Second battery life. It must last a full day. Nothing worse than having to make sure I bring with me charges and such. Third, I am always connected to the outside. I can always be reached be it through IM's, text, BBM, Emails and Phone.

I will say that I was impressed with the E series from Nokia. If I had to choose a backup that would be my choice.
    You summed up my thoughts exactly. Thanks +1
    08-01-11 01:28 PM
    Communication capability, security, and superior function while traveling internationally while using low amounts of data.
    08-01-11 03:02 PM
    I can't part with my bbm.
    08-01-11 03:16 PM
    Honestly, What steered me to Blackberry was the feel of the device. It felt perfect in hand. Weight was also perfect. Then came the suretype, coming from an LG Dare, this was so much better. Then came all the wonderful things I could do to run my day to day operations as a shop manager.

Originally I started with the Storm, then quickly upgraded to the S2. Regardless of all the haters saying that this is the worst BB in history, mine has remained a true workhorse. Many bumps has my little BlackRazor taken (yes I named it). Voice, text (BBM, Yahoo and Messenger), email, facebook, banking, rhapsody (most used app), notes, memos, to do, calendar and camera. This little baby has done all I've needed an then some without a moments pause.

My wife has an iphone and my best friend has a Moto Droid. IMO, they are both wonderful and capable devices which I have no use for. They feel blocky and I spend more time looking for what I need rather than putting them to work. For web browsing I think the ipad is great (own one), but the lack of flash support hinders it. I'd get a Playbook if I was unable to use my laptop for work. So, the BB is pretty much all I need.

Currently excited and looking foward to the new Bold, Storm and Torch releases. Honestly, if I could, I would collect them all. One for each day of the week
    08-01-11 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD