Went to a church today that is located about 5 miles from the Mexican Border (Southern Tip of Texas); my cousin couldn't get a signal with his IPhone at all... no texts coming in... no Internet. His cousin and I could; she has a 9700 and I have the Torch!
    01-17-11 12:02 AM
    Went to a church today that is located about 5 miles from the Mexican Border (Southern Tip of Texas); my cousin couldn't get a signal with his IPhone at all... no texts coming in... no Internet. His cousin and I could; she has a 9700 and I have the Torch!
    I'd stay away from the Mexican border, regardless of cell phone coverage.
    01-17-11 09:52 AM
    I agree, avoid the border at all costs these days, sounds like conditions are getting worse in the area.

Beyond that though, why would signal strength matter in church anyway? Good thing it wasn't the "Church of Jobs", would have been embarrassing for his device to have not worked there...
    01-17-11 10:35 AM
    I agree, avoid the border at all costs these days, sounds like conditions are getting worse in the area.

Beyond that though, why would signal strength matter in church anyway? Good thing it wasn't the "Church of Jobs", would have been embarrassing for his device to have not worked there...
    Latest news--Jobs is leaving for his health, again.
    01-17-11 10:45 AM
    Yep. He's taking another medical leave of absence.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 11:33 AM
    These threads about preferences are so predictable and repetitive. Each platform has advantages and disadvantages. If given time, most could make a switch to another one and do well. But we are creatures of habit and changing from what is comfortable isn't easy to do. So although there will always be a segment that prefers a physical keyboard or a trackpad, you can't deny the touchscreen influence. Just look at the number of threads in the Storm and Storm 2 compared to other phones. Not even close other than the entry level Curve.

Fortunately there are multiple choices out there to suit different people's needs. My needs and wants for a phone are not the same as anyone else's. But people need to get over their superiority complex based on their phone preference.
    01-17-11 01:07 PM
    I certainly hope that the comments about Steve Jobs medical leave of absence are sincere and not being said to insinuate he isn't sick or mock him.

I get that people don't like him here but if anyone is starting to take glee from his illness I'll be done with CB for good.
    01-17-11 05:27 PM
    People with iPhones are trendy...people with Blackberry's are important.
    01-17-11 06:36 PM
    ...and people who say / think / repeat this are morons.
    01-17-11 06:49 PM
    These threads about preferences are so predictable and repetitive. Each platform has advantages and disadvantages. If given time, most could make a switch to another one and do well. But we are creatures of habit and changing from what is comfortable isn't easy to do. So although there will always be a segment that prefers a physical keyboard or a trackpad, you can't deny the touchscreen influence. Just look at the number of threads in the Storm and Storm 2 compared to other phones. Not even close other than the entry level Curve.

Fortunately there are multiple choices out there to suit different people's needs. My needs and wants for a phone are not the same as anyone else's. But people need to get over their superiority complex based on their phone preference.
    very well said.
    01-17-11 07:08 PM
    @ apalm8

Is that your indirect way of saying trendy people are stupid and important people are smart?

01-17-11 10:11 PM
    @ Valhalla1759 That's what it appeared to be to me lol
    01-18-11 01:21 AM
    Jersey Shore? It figures.
    01-18-11 03:52 AM
    I'd stay away from the Mexican border, regardless of cell phone coverage.
    Nah....great chile rellenos with Dos Equis around there!!! YUM!!!!
    01-18-11 03:55 AM
    =. The only thing keeping me from an iPhone is the lack of a removable battery. The lack of an SD card can be an actual benefit if you think about the I/O technology in smart phones. This, or the fact some phone manufacturers hook people up with low end SD cards, anyways (think about the different SD card classes). Also, some will love, or hate the Apple ecosystem. I like having control, or a good deal of it, at least.
    I can second that. I returned my 3GS because of the horrible battery life and being unable to carry a spare. However, since they reportedly improved the battery life I'm looking forward to the iPhone 5. I was holding out until they made the battery user replaceable, but probably won't happen. So when I do buy it I'll carry my work BB for any emergencies.
    Also the lack of true multitasking.
    01-18-11 04:00 AM
    NICE!
    having that for dragging files would make the iPhone somewhat barable,

that is getting bookmarked to share with a few people I know with iPhones collecting dust,

Until apple addresses the compromised account issues of North American itunes accounts being sold in China, I don't want my credit card linked to anything apple
    suggestion - don't use a credit card. I have a separate ATM card that is the "on line purchases" card. I keep enough money there to cover whatever purchases I make. Before I make a purchase I transfer from another account so the only time there is cash there is when I'm about to buy something.

I never use my "real" accounts for online purchases.
    01-18-11 04:13 AM
    I can second that. I returned my 3GS because of the horrible battery life and being unable to carry a spare. However, since they reportedly improved the battery life I'm looking forward to the iPhone 5. I was holding out until they made the battery user replaceable, but probably won't happen. So when I do buy it I'll carry my work BB for any emergencies.
    Also the lack of true multitasking.
    the 3GS did have horrid battery life, but however, the i4 lasts thru the whole day with moderate to low end heavy usage and actually if you'd ever have to replace the battery .. two screws... slide... there's the battery... viola lol
    01-18-11 04:36 AM
    the 3GS did have horrid battery life, but however, the i4 lasts thru the whole day with moderate to low end heavy usage and actually if you'd ever have to replace the battery .. two screws... slide... there's the battery... viola lol
    And viola, you're warranty's gone lol

01-18-11 05:29 AM
168 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD