I would never trade my BlackBerry for an iPhone because:
    -I don't like trying to use touchscreens in the rain.
    i just try to avoid standing in the rain

-I can't use a touchscreen with gloves or mittens on.
    i can't use the keyboard with gloves/mittens

-Candybars are for eating, not for phoning.
    so... a blackberry bold is not for phoning?

(i'm not going to get an iphone btw, i refuse to get a iphone!)
    01-13-11 04:45 AM
    i just try to avoid standing in the rain

so... a blackberry bold is not for phoning?

(i'm not going to get an iphone btw, i refuse to get a iphone!)
    Sometimes you can't avoid the rain, think uk or ireland , keyboard can be used with gloves, maybe not to type long messages but at least you can answer and hang up a call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 05:09 AM
    You can always get a BT headset and just press the button to answer and hang up calls. In that case you don't even have to take the phone out, just hear it ringing or feel it vibrating.

It's really not that difficult...
    01-13-11 05:48 AM

you just lack practice

it isn't possible to use a touchscreen with gloves, but a keyboard is very doable
    also in extreme cold, touch screens don't respond as well as keyboards. (-30 and blow)

these stem from my no physical keyboard reason
    01-13-11 05:49 AM
    propa, I think he actually overemphasized iTunes to make the same point. He said reasons why he would NEVER leave BB for an iPhone.
    my distaste for iTunes can never be over emphasized!
    01-13-11 05:51 AM
    You can always get a BT headset and just press the button to answer and hang up calls. In that case you don't even have to take the phone out, just hear it ringing or feel it vibrating.

It's really not that difficult...
    Not much good for sending messages tho is it? Plus the bluetooth headset is not exactly waterproof either lol

01-13-11 05:57 AM
    01-13-11 10:49 AM
    I can use my storm 2 and my iPod touch with gloves on just fine...in the cold. Of course I don't wear giant hockey gloves either.

I don't like using any electronic device in the rain period...

It seems that a lot of these reasons are really thin...

Of course the best reason that one can offer is "I just don't want an iPhone"

01-13-11 10:55 AM
    I would never trade my BlackBerry for an iPhone because:

-I can't use a touchscreen with gloves or mittens on.
    FTR there are gloves that are compatible with touch screens like the iPhone and the Torch and Storm, but they're super expensive. I found some at Wal-Mart for about $25.
    01-13-11 11:02 AM
    i like the iphone and what it can do.. i just love my blackberry far more and many of my friends are on so BBM rocks for me.

i dont like that you cant add memory to the device, nor are u able to physically remove the battery

soooo i got an ipod touch... so i have the best of both worlds IMO.

and oh yes.. i concur... itunes sucks!
    01-13-11 11:09 AM

and oh yes.. i concur... itunes sucks!
    I got an iPod for my birthday last year. It took me two hours to figure out how to put music on it then once I got music on it, none of the song titles were showing up. It made me connect to the internet to download the information. Well that sucks because I don't have internet at home. Had to delete everything and start over and rip tracks then put them in iTunes. By the time I got music on it, I wanted to throw it out the window.

I hate you Steve Jobs. I hate you and your pretty little dog, too.
    01-13-11 11:29 AM
    I personally didnt care for all the included apps that I couldnt delete with my Droid Incredible. When purchasing a $400+ smartphone, I feel I should be able to configure it to my liking without having to hack into (root) it.
    Errrr... no offence but I have my phone configured up the wazoo and it isn't rooted.

That's an argument that simply isn't true. It holds as much water as the stupidity of the iphone is a toy BS. And yes - anyone who uses that as an argument point is a moron. It ranks up there with "my mom can beat up your mom" in the talking points sweepstakes.

To get my BBs working even remotely smoothly OR TO BE ABLE TO ADD APPLICATIONS I had to run shrink a OS to remove crap that didn't need to be there, which is not something I have had to do to any phone since leaving BB. And yes I'm talking about older Berries like the 8330 and Storm but those are still phones that were being sold not that long ago and competing with phones that simply don't require that step or daily battery pulls. We're talking a year ago. And people wonder why users are getting frustrated? Just saying.
    BerryBlack15 likes this.
    01-13-11 11:35 AM
    Hmmm......Maybe because those devices are obselete?

I had the Tour with the HORRENDOUS trackball ball and was due for an upgrade. So why not?

Dumb question.....
    Nothing is truly a dumb question, you take away credibility when you say stuff like that. I thought your post was great than you had to act ignorant to a simple question
    01-13-11 11:49 AM
    Actually no. I dont own an ipod and never listen to music while walking, or commuting to work by train, bus, etc.. I like to be alert to my surroundings.

Now when i'm in my car, I'll listen to music.
    So you shouldnt be alert in a car???? LMAO
    01-13-11 11:56 AM
    Nothing is truly a dumb question, you take away credibility when you say stuff like that. I thought your post was great than you had to act ignorant to a simple question
    So asking me why I didnt purchase a 5-6yr old phone that my carrier no longer makes rather than my bold (which is just a much better version of the curve) isnt a dumb question?
    01-13-11 11:56 AM
    So you shouldnt be alert in a car???? LMAO
    Sure. That's what mirrors are for.
    01-13-11 12:00 PM
    [[Battery life - Now this is one of the most important factors when it comes to mobile devices. I get almost 2 days under heavy usage with a full charge. Not too many (if any) smart phones can say the same about thier device.]]

@deevel79: Please help me to get 'almost 2 days under heavy usage' out of my BB Storm2.

'Preci8 this thread. I love my full touchscreen BB, would get a Torch if it was on Vzw. iPhone looks tempting but with the current release specs, it just has too many 'ain't gots' right now...

Let me start off by saying that this is not an "iphone bash thread". I actually think the phone is pretty neat. Its just not for me.

Practicality - Of all the cell phones I have owned over the past 12yrs or so, I find the BB to be the easiest/most pleasant phone to operate. Everything is so simple and doesnt require 2-3 steps to unlock, make a phone call, or create a email/text. I can operate it with one hand with ease.

Size - My BB Bold 9650 is in my opinion the perfect size mobile device. Not too wide or long. I contemplated a while back on getting the Droid X and found it to be WAY too big for a mobile device. It was a few inches smaller than that of a tablet...lol. Although the iphone is of decent size, I still find it easier to hold my bb in my hand and operate it.

Trackpad - I just love having a trackpad. It keeps the screen fingerprint free! I owned a droid incredible for a few months before running back to my Bold and couldnt stand the constant fingerprints on the screen. I found myself having to wipe the screen against my shirt everytime prior to using it. Quite annoying. Not sure how the iphone holds up to fingerprints on the screen, but since its a touchscreen I can only assume it's screen is a fingerprint magnet.

Messaging capabilites - Hands down the BB is the most reliable device as far as messaging capabilities are concerned. I dont think this can be disputed. BBM, Push emails, sms/mms. Its great.

Battery life - Now this is one of the most important factors when it comes to mobile devices. I get almost 2 days under heavy usage with a full charge. Not too many (if any) smart phones can say the same about thier device.

Appearance - My BB just looks so proffesional. It doesnt come across as a mobile device/portable game console. Its a workhorse that can be relied upon for serious business users.

Physical Qwerty Keyboard - I type much faster and accurate with a physical qwerty keyboard than I do with a touchscreen.

Now there are a few things that I did wish my BB did have, but in my opinion, the pros far outweigh the cons when it comes to my phone.
    01-13-11 12:01 PM
    I had an Iphone and it was okay.. iTunes was horrible just to sync one or two new songs it took forever... the APP store was nice but out the thousands of apps i only found a couple that i downloaded..... In the end i got rid of it and got a blackberry way better and look nicer
    01-13-11 12:01 PM
    So asking me why I didnt purchase a 5-6yr old phone that my carrier no longer makes rather than my bold (which is just a much better version of the curve) isnt a dumb question?
    Nothing is truly dumb some people still have those older phones due to the fact they like them over the new ones.
    01-13-11 12:08 PM
    Since when is the 8330 6 years old? LOL No really, LOL. And this is nitpicky semantics, but carriers don't make phones.

Sorry, that cracked me up.

As far as battery, I get 18 hours out of my SGS. Which is fantastic since I only need it to get me through from when I wake up to bedtime, and it gets plugged in at night. Yes I carry a spare battery in my purse. As I did with my Storm. And my Curve. And I can't remember if I have ever even used it yet.

I suppose a battery lasting two days would be handy if, you know, you are a vampire and never sleep...
    01-13-11 12:09 PM
    @branflakes: what do you wish BB did better? i am waiting on RIM to maximize STORM's capabilities.

As IT support for a variety of clients, I enjoy supporting my clients' Blackberries, iPhones, and Andriod phones. Personally, I use a Torch (9800) and love it. The other phones have great features, but don't work for me. I think the iPhone4 is the best-looking phone ever made. Reasons I prefer my Torch are:

1. Physical keyboard. This makes typing emails, etc so much easier. Sure, I'd get used to a virtual keyboard, but I don't like the feel of them. Portrait Slider form works best for me.

2. LED notification. May seem silly, but I love that a quick glance at my phone tells me if I have a notification waiting.

3. Email/messaging. As said, I can get to emails, etc faster on my BB than on an iPhone or 'driod. Also, I don't like how sending emails is done on the other phones. I run into SMTP setting issues all the time with small businesses whose mail servers can't be used on the other phones. Blackberry makes it easy with their setup. Too many times clients and friends have sent emails from their phones that the recipient never received. Just not as dependable as BB.

Now, there are plenty of things I wish my BB did better, but the pros far outweigh the cons for my needs.

I admit I recommend an iPhone a lot to my friends, though. It tends to suit their personal needs.
    01-13-11 12:10 PM
    The ease at which BBs does things is incredible. Receive an email, open a browser link, copy text, edit a spreadsheet doc, take a photo of location, draft reply both as attachment, send photo to Tumblr app with pasted text, universal search last week's e-day ( which was hashtagged across email, txt, calendar ), copy paste info on draft email, copy current location in BBMaps, paste it in email, send e-mail, send a Whatsapp msg telling your iPhone-totting colleague to check his mailbox and the blog. All in under 3 minutes in the bus.

It was like " No problemo ".

What I would like RIM to add would be ctrl+C/V/A/Q & split screening apps.
    01-13-11 12:13 PM
    [[Battery life - Now this is one of the most important factors when it comes to mobile devices. I get almost 2 days under heavy usage with a full charge. Not too many (if any) smart phones can say the same about thier device.]]

@deevel79: Please help me to get 'almost 2 days under heavy usage' out of my BB Storm2.

'Preci8 this thread. I love my full touchscreen BB, would get a Torch if it was on Vzw. iPhone looks tempting but with the current release specs, it just has too many 'ain't gots' right now...
    Storm 2's battery life is totally different from that of the bold.
    01-13-11 12:16 PM
    Since when is the 8330 6 years old? LOL No really, LOL. And this is nitpicky semantics, but carriers don't make phones.

Sorry, that cracked me up.

As far as battery, I get 18 hours out of my SGS. Which is fantastic since I only need it to get me through from when I wake up to bedtime, and it gets plugged in at night. Yes I carry a spare battery in my purse. As I did with my Storm. And my Curve. And I can't remember if I have ever even used it yet.

I suppose a battery lasting two days would be handy if, you know, you are a vampire and never sleep...

Who are u? Her crackberry savior?

I created this thread to give reasons why I choose not to dump my BB for an Iphone. She then replies and ends her post with "I dont buy it". Yet somehow I'M wrong here?

She asks me why I dont just buy a phone that RIM no longer makes when I clearly stated that I have and am quite happy with a Bold. So yes, it was a stupid question.
    01-13-11 12:28 PM
    Welp, reasons for me as follow (not that anyone cares)....

1. As mentioned before in posts, iTunes.

2. Micro SD card. Pop it in, pop it out, do what you want with it.

3. Love the style of BB's. They actually have some character to the physical appearance. iPhone has NEVER had a style change...boring IMO.

4. I can get a 'clean' look on the interface. I like to actually see my background pictures and don't want icons in the way.

5. Physical keyboard.

6. Customization in the messaging. I can set a specific email address contact to a specific ring tone, at a certain level with x amount of vibration at a certain time. Why is that important? I can set my system monitor email addresses to wake me the fark up so I know they've gone down. All That Remains - This Calling set to 10 volume lets me know I have a server possibly down or in trouble when I get an email. But anything else to the account comes in with a nice smooth sound.

7. Cost.

8. LED notification. I can just look at my phone and know I've missed a message, not 'wonder'.

9. Trackpad. Love it for editing messages. I even loved the trackball on my Pearl.

10. Tabbed browsing. I'm a tab mad man on any browser. I can go back 3 pages instantly instead of it reloading.

11. I like the whole interface better. It just seems more logical to me where everything is and organized.

12. Not a huge reason, but no doubt a reason - Canadian company.

13. I'll be able to pair it with a PlayBook (if I indeed choose the PB)

14. I don't need a bumper to make the antenna work. I don't like cases.

15. I can update the phone with any carrier's release. Doesn't Apple only release updates? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

16. Don't need to get Apps through Apple.

17. Message bar. Love it. I do wish I could display 5 emails instead of 3 though.

18. I won't get into the actual business of Apple as a whole, but it's a reason as well.

Now, would I leave my BB for an Android? It's a possibility. I was looking at a HTC Desire before I bought my Torch, however I couldn't buy the HTC straight up so...
    I haven't used one yet, but WP7 I would look at before using an Apple.
    01-13-11 12:32 PM
168 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD