I can see myself with an iPhone and potentially dropping my BlackBerry for it and if not carrying both, but never for a Android!
    what floats your boat about a Jesus phone, and why don't you like Androids? there are some spectacular androids coming late this spring. (and the iphone is still the same old 3G iphone--just an antenna and radio update)
    01-12-11 02:08 PM
    Here is why I won't go back. Ever.

The iPhone is not a smartphone. It is a heavily media/entertainment based phone that has some smartphone capabilities.

When I think smartphone, I think of a phone that knows what you want to do. It has convenient shortcuts built in to expedite whatever it is that you need to get done. Much like the double space for a period, capitalize the next letter. Sure, the iPhone does that, but it does not learn words, nor does it have AutoText. Those two functions or the ability to learn, are necessary in a "smartphone."

If you want to play music, watch movies, play games, have fart apps, then the iPhone is right up your alley. If you want a device that is geared towards email, communication, business needs, security, etc. then a BlackBerry is perfect for you. When I hear people say that the iPhone is a toy, I have to agree with them. If it looks like a toy, and it acts like a toy, what is it?
    01-12-11 02:09 PM

The iPhone is not a smartphone. It is a heavily media/entertainment based phone that has some smartphone capabilities.

When I think smartphone, I think of a phone that knows what you want to do. It has convenient shortcuts built in to expedite whatever it is that you need to get done. Much like the double space for a period, capitalize the next letter. Sure, the iPhone does that, but it does not learn words, nor does it have AutoText. Those two functions or the ability to learn, are necessary in a "smartphone."

If you want to play music, watch movies, play games, have fart apps, then the iPhone is right up your alley. If you want a device that is geared towards email, communication, business needs, security, etc. then a BlackBerry is perfect for you. When I hear people say that the iPhone is a toy, I have to agree with them. If it looks like a toy, and it acts like a toy, what is it?

I have to agree with you here. I love all the shortcuts that my BB offers.

T to scroll to the top of a page
    B to scroll to the bottom of a page
    R to refesh the page
    Double space to enter a period
    Etc....
    01-12-11 02:22 PM
    what floats your boat about a Jesus phone, and why don't you like Androids? there are some spectacular androids coming late this spring. (and the iphone is still the same old 3G iphone--just an antenna and radio update)
    I personally didnt care for all the included apps that I couldnt delete with my Droid Incredible. When purchasing a $400+ smartphone, I feel I should be able to configure it to my liking without having to hack into (root) it.
    01-12-11 02:26 PM
    I personally didnt care for all the included apps that I couldnt delete with my Droid Incredible. When purchasing a $400+ smartphone, I feel I should be able to configure it to my liking without having to hack into (root) it.
    there are app icons on my BB Storm that I don't want, either. what's the difference??? I just hide the damn things. i only see them when I hit "show all". they aren't the full apps--they are links to download.
    01-12-11 02:28 PM

To generalize the iPhone like that is very dangerous. Likewise, it's the same case with anyone generalizing the BlackBerry in the same fashion. Not everyone carries the same definition of a smartphone.

In my eyes, phone functionality across smart phones should be moot already. Right now, they're just different means to the same end. This said, some people want/need things going beyond the standard features (they should be standard, anyways) offered by them already. Free navigation via Google Maps is one of the big selling points in going Android right now. iPhone users may go for the consolidation of the iPod functionality with that of the phone, as well as the predominant priority iOS gets among developers; among other things.
    01-12-11 02:30 PM
    Reasons why I wont dump my BB for an Iphone
    I will never buy Apple products. I will, however, be dumping my BB for a Droid real soon.
    01-12-11 02:32 PM
    there are app icons on my BB Storm that I don't want, either. what's the difference??? I just hide the damn things. i only see them when I hit "show all". they aren't the full apps--they are links to download.
    Well at least we have the option to hide the icons that we dont use. I dont recall being able to do that on my Droid. Its kind of annoying having to scroll thru a bunch of icons/apps that you dont use to get to the ones that u do use.
    01-12-11 02:40 PM
    Mine is simple:

I hate the iPhone.

End rant.
    01-12-11 03:17 PM
    Mine is simple:

I hate the iPhone.

End rant.
    The best post yet.
    01-12-11 03:20 PM
    Mine is simple:

I hate the iPhone.

End rant.
    LMBO! Classic. Short and to the point.
    01-12-11 04:11 PM
    Sure, the iPhone does that, but it does not learn words
    Well, it kinda does, but in a bad way:

� The keyboard cache logs everything that you type in to learn autocorrect so that it can correct a user�s typing mistakes. Apple doesn�t store that cache very securely, Zdziarski contended, so someone with know-how could recover months of typing in the order in which it was typed, even if the e-mail or text it was part of has long since been deleted.
    Why Cops Love the iPhone
    01-12-11 04:25 PM
    my Reasons why I would never Leave Blackberry for an iPhone

-> iTunes

-> No Physical keyboard

-> iTunes

-> Non standard Charge point

-> iTunes

-> Lack of Drag & Drop / Mass storage mode
    You don't have to use iTunes to put things on an iPhone. It's just the easiest way to do it. There's 3rd party apps to give you drag and drop. I use iTunes though for my iTouch since the Mac version is pretty slick compared to the laggy Windows counterpart.
    01-12-11 04:48 PM
    Mine is simple:

I hate the iPhone.

End rant.
    This post reeks of jealousy.

I hope you owned one before you made that comment.
    tmelon likes this.
    01-12-11 04:54 PM
    You don't have to use iTunes to put things on an iPhone. It's just the easiest way to do it. There's 3rd party apps to give you drag and drop. I use iTunes though for my iTouch since the Mac version is pretty slick compared to the laggy Windows counterpart.
    Please provide me with Links,

that will address my biggest complaints, but everyone I know with it uses iTunes, and has to have an iTunes account.
    01-12-11 05:11 PM
    Please provide me with Links,

that will address my biggest complaints, but everyone I know with it uses iTunes, and has to have an iTunes account.
    Phone Disk - iPad, iTouch, iPhone Disk Mode for Mac and PC

It's pretty nice, and yeah, you won't get much use of an iPhone without an iTunes account unless you jailbreak.
    01-12-11 05:14 PM
    Phone Disk - iPad, iTouch, iPhone Disk Mode for Mac and PC

It's pretty nice, and yeah, you won't get much use of an iPhone without an iTunes account unless you jailbreak.
    NICE!
    having that for dragging files would make the iPhone somewhat barable,

that is getting bookmarked to share with a few people I know with iPhones collecting dust,

Until apple addresses the compromised account issues of North American itunes accounts being sold in China, I don't want my credit card linked to anything apple
    01-12-11 05:19 PM
    NICE!
    having that for dragging files would make the iPhone somewhat barable,

that is getting bookmarked to share with a few people I know with iPhones collecting dust,

Until apple addresses the compromised account issues of North American itunes accounts being sold in China, I don't want my credit card linked to anything apple
    I don't even have credit card information in iTunes. So many people give me iTunes gift cards for my Birthday and Christmas that I've never had a need. It's a nice alternative for someone like me who doesn't trust anyone with my credit card number.
    01-12-11 05:22 PM
    I stick to my blackberry because it suits my needs and I am generally satisfied with what it offers. I won't get an iphone due to the fact that it has DRM, limits what you can/cannot install and can do/cannot do with the device. I would rather have more freedom than be locked in a room with four walls and a chain door.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 06:48 PM
    I stick to my blackberry because it suits my needs and I am generally satisfied with what it offers. I won't get an iphone due to the fact that it has DRM, limits what you can/cannot install and can do/cannot do with the device. I would rather have more freedom than be locked in a room with four walls and a chain door.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    android is your answer then, there are no walls, no roofs and no floor
    01-12-11 06:58 PM

The sheer stupidity of this post is absolutely mind boggling!
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-12-11 07:01 PM

The iPhone is not a smartphone.

When I think smartphone, I think of a phone that knows what you want to do.

LOL! You need a mind-reader machine. I advise you to wait like another 300 years before you buy a phone.

It has convenient shortcuts built in to expedite whatever it is that you need to get done. Much like the double space for a period, capitalize the next letter. Sure, the iPhone does that, but it does not learn words, nor does it have AutoText.
    Ummm....iphone does those.

If you want to play music, watch movies, play games, have fart apps, then the iPhone is right up your alley.
    Maybe you should visit the help forums for BB users, most of the questions are about music and app issues on BB. Sure you could just go yell at them not to use the BB as a music player and don't watch any movies on it, since it's "not a damn toy".

If you want a device that is geared towards email, communication, business needs, security, etc. then a BlackBerry is perfect for you.
    Agree..but for that you do not need a smartphone. A feature phone will just do fine, that gives you email and texting options. Actually this would be your perfect phone.
    reeneebob and BerryBlack15 like this.
    01-12-11 07:14 PM
    1) bbm
    2) Touch Screens blow
    3) I don't give a rip about 100k + apps. I use like 5 and they work good on my bb.
    01-12-11 07:19 PM
    With iTunes being discussed I thought i'd talk about something about RIM and Apple that I've always found a bit odd: For being such a secure device, RIM seems to let you install anything you want from anywhere you want, at least as far as I could ever tell.

Considering that any app you throw on could be something nefarious I've always been surprised that RIM doesn't lock their devices down tighter than Apple, even though Apple probably does it for financial reasons vs security... I know, you can set permissions on a BB but how many users are techies who even bother with doing that?
    01-12-11 07:28 PM
    Mine is simple:

I hate the iPhone.

End rant.
    short, and to the point! Love it!
    01-12-11 07:29 PM
168 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD