BlackBerry was my first smartphone. The nerd in me has made me curious about just about every other platform you can think of: PalmOS, Windows Mobile (via Palm Treo), WebOS, Android, and a recent go with iOS. Different BlackBerrys thrown in in between all of those. My point is that I love BBOS. It works for me and always feels like coming home. As you can see I'm pretty open minded to trying new things but I know what I like. I'm really worried I'm not going to like BB10. I'm worried I won't like the OS (its ok on the Playbook but its not ready to be the daily workhorse BB7 is.) and I'm worried that I won't like the form factors that are provided with it. I'm also worried about BB/RIM going away for good like Palm did. I'm just plain worried. I don't mind change as long as it is for the better but I have my doubts that it will be. Any thoughts? Are we watching a slow and painful death or are you optimistic about the RIM and Blackberry as a platform going forward?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by amboy83; 04-19-12 at 10:57 PM.
    04-19-12 10:53 PM
    Optimistic? No. Hopeful? Yes.

Locked in a few minutes? Definately.
    04-19-12 10:55 PM
    not trying to be a .....but it is "throes"....
    04-19-12 10:55 PM
    I'd be optimistic in BB10 for no other reason other than that RIM now realizes that BB10 is do-or-die. You can be absolutely sure they are not going to risk putting out a half-baked product because their company's future hangs in the balance. RIM has to pull out all the stops in BB10 to have a fighting chance.

It kills me to be negative about RIM but that is the plain truth for many people (including shareholders).

If you have no faith in BB10 for no other reason, just remember what's on the line.

To end on a more positive note, in all honesty, there are a lot reasons to be excited about BB10. Just play around on your PlayBook and realize that the great software it's running isn't even completed yet. That's what BB10 is going to be.
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 04-19-12 at 11:07 PM.
    04-19-12 11:03 PM
    Why waste your time worrying about things that have not happened yet?
    Brighten your thoughts and good things will happen..
    04-19-12 11:03 PM
    Corrected. Thanks.

Can you imagine people ever being excited by the BlackBerry brand again? Except for a few here and there I am ridiculed for still having a Blackberry. Is the name tarnished forever?

Maybe RIM should have a Blackberry division for the corporate world and start a whole new brand for consumers?

04-19-12 11:05 PM
    I can always call it before these threads get closed lol.
    04-19-12 11:08 PM
    Flashfare.. I'd have much more confidence in your thinking if RIM had not released BB Playbook in the condition it did. I guess the argument can be made that way more is on the line with BB10 than with the Playbook.

It isn't keeping me up at night but I am concerned as I'm sure most of you are as well.

04-19-12 11:10 PM
    The unfortunate thing about RIMs situation is that they've fallen so far in public opinion that not only is BB10 going to have to be nigh-flawless and full featured at release (which is impossible), but they're going to have to find ways to bring developers on board, and release a mind-blowing and cutting edge design.

If they don't knock it put of the park first try, they're just going to hear a bunch more "they're releasing a phone they should have released 2 years ago, can't compete with iOS and top of the line Android phones! Too little too late!"

I'm hoping that whatever RIM is cooking up is downright jaw-dropping, because if it's not, I've come to believe they don't have a chance.
    04-19-12 11:25 PM
    I wish I could have a legit conversation in regards to this post if it were worded almost entirely different. I feel like the OP just came off negative and quite frankly I'm tired of seeing these threads that are like "oh no offense, not trying to troll, but uh, your platform is dying."

You can't honestly expect a friendly conversation after that because it always sounds and seems like a slap in the face. Whether RIM fails or not is beyond our hands and well beyond our will to discuss at this point. So stop soaking the matches in gasoline with all these hypocritical threads.
    04-19-12 11:30 PM
    Corrected. Thanks.

Can you imagine people ever being excited by the BlackBerry brand again? Except for a few here and there I am ridiculed for still having a Blackberry. Is the name tarnished forever?

Maybe RIM should have a Blackberry division for the corporate world and start a whole new brand for consumers?

Be ridiculed but stand proud in the process!
    04-19-12 11:37 PM
    Death throes? No!
    We (they? We. We're takin the heat! ) have not begun to fight!
    Remember : PlayBook is NOT BBX! PlayBook is a LIVE TEST!
    The Awesomeness that is BB 10 will blow away all those with eyes to see and ears to hear.
    Even BLACKBERRY haters have to admit QNX rocks (some have tried, but we can't help the stupid.)!
    Big Things are happening to which we are not privy.
    Google has become Big Brother, Apple has peaked and has nowhere to go but down. The cult of personality surrounding Steve Jobs will slowly disperse.
    Hey, I have read the book, too.
    The man WAS a genius. He was also a Megalomaniac and a world-class Narcissist, and, it goes without saying, a control freak non-pareil.
    I digress.
    People WANT to come home to BlackBerry. A great many of the BlackBerry haters are just jilted lovers looking for payback -they feel hurt, letdown, by BlackBerry.
    Given a reason, they will come home. And Daddy will make them welcome.
    As for those who mock,jeer, criticize, my love for the Berry, the Nation, I feel no shame, I brook no scorn. They don't know what I know. I am not a part of the herd. Popular does not equal right, smart, or true.
    I know many BB users will be uncomfortable with the idea of an all touch device, but that is the future. I feel confident BB will have the best ever.
    Keep the faith. Keep calm. Be Bold.
    "We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin ' it back! "
    04-20-12 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD