(Sorry folks this ones a bit lengthy)
    A cool BB story none the less!

So there was a time when I feel on hard times financially but my tech everyday carry was I believe a bold 9930 and a BB PlayBook til this day I think the PB was ahead of its time to that thing was awesome in every way. But one day I plugged the PB up to a friends pc and ever since it was removed from that PC the rear camera had stopped working and certain apps would randomly close for no reason.

I tried resets update software reloading software but nothing was fixing my problems. But I could still Web browes and such so I continued to use it for a few months after I realized this just isn't going to work anymore I Need a new PB! (This is were it gets good) So I had a linked in account you know the app that's like a professional Facebook!

Well I couldn't afford a new PB so I decided to take a shot in the dark and reach out to (John Chen) our current ceo and expressed to Mr Chen my pleasure and loyalty to BB products telling him what phone got me hooked and why I would never leave BB (wich was the storm 2) and all the phones I had up to recent.

But I also explained to Mr Chen I couldn't afford a new PlayBook at the time and I explained the issues I was having with it. I never got a response from Mr Chen Directly but within one hour of leaving that message to him I received a call from a BB representative and that person said they received an email from there manager to call me ASAP assess the problem with my PB and to send me another one for free if we couldn't fix those issues over the phone as long as I was willing to send the old PB in to them.

So we couldn't fix the issues and he quickly said ok I will send a free box and label for you to return your broken PB to us when we get it we will send you a new one! Boy was I happy! Gave them my address and the box was on the way! But it gets worse from here hard times wasn't finish with me yet! And my car had been broken into 2 days following this phone call and my broken PB was stolen out of it before I could send it back! And two days after the box had arrived for me to send it in. Pissed sad and mad at the same time I was over come with joy that cleared all emotion because I realized at that very moment that there are still good companies that listen to there consumer and help if possible! So I quickly called BB back told them I couldn't send in the old PB because I no longer had it!

They said if I ever find it the offer still stands! So I never found and I never got a new PB but John Chen was there for me/his customer when I needed him most and for that I will be here 4ever and I will always support BB Thanks Mr Chen I will never forget what you did! But what you earned was a customer 4ever! Great Job!
    03-11-18 07:32 AM
    Nice story! Feels good when a major corporation takes care of their customers, even the smallest.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-11-18 08:01 AM
    Great story thanks for sharing
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-11-18 09:35 AM
    very impressive!! well done blackberry
    03-11-18 11:05 AM
    Yeah I sure do believe that it was BlackBerry trying to get ahold of your PlayBook....

A. Chen had nothing to do with the PlayBook and it was long dead before he took the reigns.

B. Why would they ask you to send in a broken device that they no longer service?

You were just getting scammed.
    03-11-18 02:06 PM
    they weren't servicing anything they were replacing! lol
    03-11-18 02:10 PM
    (Sorry folks this ones a bit lengthy)
    A cool BB story none the less!
    So there was a time when I feel on hard times financially but my tech everyday carry was I believe a bold 9930 and a BB PlayBook til this day I think the PB was ahead of its time to that thing was awesome in every way. But one day I plugged the PB up to a friends pc and ever since it was removed from that PC the rear camera had stopped working and certain apps would randomly close for no reason. I tried resets update software reloading software but nothing was fixing my problems. But I could still Web browes and such so I continued to use it for a few months after I realized this just isn't going to work anymore I Need a new PB! (This is were it gets good) So I had a linked in account you know the app that's like a professional Facebook! Well I couldn't afford a new PB so I decided to take a shot in the dark and reach out to (John Chen) our current ceo and expressed to Mr Chen my pleasure and loyalty to BB products telling him what phone got me hooked and why I would never leave BB (wich was the storm 2) and all the phones I had up to recent. But I also explained to Mr Chen I couldn't afford a new PlayBook at the time and I explained the issues I was having with it. I never got a response from Mr Chen Directly but within one hour of leaving that message to him I received a call from a BB representative and that person said they received an email from there manager to call me ASAP assess the problem with my PB and to send me another one for free if we couldn't fix those issues over the phone as long as I was willing to send the old PB in to them. So we couldn't fix the issues and he quickly said ok I will send a free box and label for you to return your broken PB to us when we get it we will send you a new one! Boy was I happy! Gave them my address and the box was on the way! But it gets worse from here hard times wasn't finish with me yet! And my car had been broken into 2 days following this phone call and my broken PB was stolen out of it before I could send it back! And two days after the box had arrived for me to send it in. Pissed sad and mad at the same time I was over come with joy that cleared all emotion because I realized at that very moment that there are still good companies that listen to there consumer and help if possible! So I quickly called BB back told them I couldn't send in the old PB because I no longer had it! They said if I ever find it the offer still stands! So I never found and I never got a new PB but John Chen was there for me/his customer when I needed him most and for that I will be here 4ever and I will always support BB Thanks Mr Chen I will never forget what you did! But what you earned was a customer 4ever! Great Job!
    Great gesture by Blackberry . Although you could not get the PB but still the response time was very fast .
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-12-18 05:47 AM
    Yeah I sure do believe that it was BlackBerry trying to get ahold of your PlayBook....

A. Chen had nothing to do with the PlayBook and it was long dead before he took the reigns.

B. Why would they ask you to send in a broken device that they no longer service?

You were just getting scammed.
    I'm surprised they'd even have any refurbished PlayBooks to send him.... but if he is happy, that's all that matters.

I've seen more than a few cases of "sorry you phone/tablet isn't covered".
    03-12-18 07:40 AM
    they weren't servicing anything they were replacing! lol
    They aren’t replacing a product that has long been discontinued. Sorry to break it to you.
    03-12-18 07:41 AM
    They aren’t replacing a product that has long been discontinued. Sorry to break it to you.
    That Mabe so but the box had official playbook Styrofoam to fit perfectly and official BB flyers and official return label to send it back! It must have been a pretty elaborate scam! Even if it was my playbook was done at that point only thing working fine was browsing the net
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-12-18 08:41 AM
    That Mabe so but the box had official playbook Styrofoam to fit perfectly and official BB flyers and official return label to send it back! It must have been a pretty elaborate scam! Even if it was my playbook was done at that point only thing working fine was browsing the net
    It is not unusual to have packaging materials for a discontinued product since a company likely still had inventory for return / replacement under warranty packaging.
    03-14-18 08:29 PM