I have a theory. People are now bashing RIM because they still see it as a huge player in the mobile space. They see the potential in BB10 and they ARE AFRAID! Hahahahahahaha.

On a serious note, I honestly don't get it. Everyone has their own preference for phones. More brands means more choices. I don't want to just have the choice of just android or iOS. I want to see webos, winmo and bb10 succeed. I just take all the nay sayers with a pinch of salt, most of them are extremely biased anyway. So are most news these days. A well known brand's demise sells more news or get more hits.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-25-12 08:36 PM
    They and many others all through human history have hated for only 1 reason. FEAR! Sad but forever true. and it will continue till the end of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I highly doubt people fear RIM. I really want RIM to make a huge comeback but this is just nonsense.

BB shipments have been a joke, BB7 has been looked at as old before it even released and the PlayBook only sells when it is priced $300 less than it was at originally. There is no fear in this.

Why the hate? People always look to hate on something, and fanboys from other platforms probably consider RIM an easy target, because it is. When the iPad outsells RIMs entire BB lineup, it's bound to be ripped on.

That being said, hopefully when BB10 comes out many people will shut up, but that will only happen if BB10 is deemed competitive by the market. If it is anything like the way BB7 released, expect the next few years to be crappy as well.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-25-12 09:28 PM
    They and many others all through human history have hated for only 1 reason. FEAR! Sad but forever true. and it will continue till the end of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And the other reason people hate is propaganda. I am sure corporate propaganda by Apple has created a lot of problems. My brother hates his iPhone now because no matter what he does, he has to buy something Apple Inc made to make it work. Jobs is NOT a god like many people worship him.... he is a clever capitalist.

He is going for an Android next....
    02-25-12 09:43 PM
    My brother hates his iPhone now because no matter what he does, he has to buy something Apple Inc made to make it work.
    Interesting. My iPhone works perfectly without having to buy something Apple made. Maybe his device is a dud or it is user error. I know plenty of Windows users with no Apple products other then the iPhone and it works perfectly for them.
    02-25-12 09:49 PM
    I highly doubt people fear RIM. I really want RIM to make a huge comeback but this is just nonsense.

BB shipments have been a joke, BB7 has been looked at as old before it even released and the PlayBook only sells when it is priced $300 less than it was at originally. There is no fear in this.

Why the hate? People always look to hate on something, and fanboys from other platforms probably consider RIM an easy target, because it is. When the iPad outsells RIMs entire BB lineup, it's bound to be ripped on.

That being said, hopefully when BB10 comes out many people will shut up, but that will only happen if BB10 is deemed competitive by the market. If it is anything like the way BB7 released, expect the next few years to be crappy as well.
    People only hate on what is viewed as a possible threat. If Rim wasn't still in a position to turn the tide as Alex suggest this discussion would not even be taking place. Rim will have another day in the sun. Apple knows too well how fickle the consumers are and loyalties can and often change quickly.
    02-25-12 10:44 PM
    It let me down when i truly depended on it, i was left without a phone the entire day, my next step is to busman iPhone which even with jailbreak it would not let me (sic)down and a USB drive to save my assignments. I had fun with the blackberry but I think my ride in the roller coaster is done and I hope RIM can accomplish their goals and not crash the roller coaster with you'll in it, lol. Meanwhile, they've lost a customer who would brag daily about his blackberry.
    Strange experiences. I keep important documents on the microSD card of my BlackBerry Bold 9780 and have yet to experience a software update that causes the loss of my documents. Naturally, the micrSD card is backed up regularly.
    02-25-12 10:54 PM
    People only hate on what is viewed as a possible threat. If Rim wasn't still in a position to turn the tide as Alex suggest this discussion would not even be taking place. Rim will have another day in the sun. Apple knows too well how fickle the consumers are and loyalties can and often change quickly.
    What? People were hating when RIM was on top and people are hating when RIM is on the bottom. BBOS 7 wasn't a threat. BBOS 6 wasn't a threat and BBOS 5 wasn't a threat. The Storm was bad, the Storm 2 was a little more acceptable. These were not threats to other high end touchscreens.

You people really are looking way to much into this. I hate the NY Mets, not because I fear or think they are a threat to take the World Series title, I hate them because they suck and I'm a Yankee fan. They are a garbage team (sorry Mets fans) IMO and are not a threat.

RIM right now is putting out products that most of the market deemed uncompetitive. Believe it or not, some people may think RIM products simply suck and see no threat. Is it really that hard to believe? I'm sure some people in there twisted minds are hating because they may see them as a threat but that definitely isn't the only reason.

BTW, I don't think RIM products suck and I like RIM. If I were to buy a phone with a physical keyboard I would buy the 9930 immediately. I loved my 9000.
    Last edited by avt123; 02-25-12 at 11:59 PM.
    02-25-12 11:56 PM
    Strange experiences. I keep important documents on the microSD card of my BlackBerry Bold 9780 and have yet to experience a software update that causes the loss of my documents. Naturally, the micrSD card is backed up regularly.

That loss of data on the card has me scratching my head too. can't figure that out, unless it was corrupted to begin with. In which case it was extreme bad luck.
    Not a good day to buy a lottery ticket.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 01:36 AM
    I think even for us loyalist is somewhat disappointed in rimm.. probably bruise our ego as well for rooting for rim for so long and it made st*pid blunders like outages, lack battery for flagship bold, bricks bold, missed dateline but had officially set a date for device/OS roll out... not saying anything about all of the above and treating like nothing changed.. Self delusional people is running rim before... now with new 7.1 for bold has battery saving, less bricking. cheap and free apps so that people uses appstore... things are looking better.. But yeah sometimes the 'trolls' can be really unreasonable coming here and flauting and blasting bb's in this forum.. go do it somewhere else trolls!
    02-26-12 01:46 AM
    I know this may sound like wishful thinking but seriously, if they didn't feel the need to kill RIM in the minds of the public, they would have ignored all the floundering they have done in the recent years. The outage would not have made as much noise as it did. This is being directed by someone.

RIM helped them with their missteps but it is not natural for there to be so much hatred towards a company that they claim is irrelevant. You ignore irrelevant companies, you don't bash them. For example, The Verge posted a How RIM killed itself post (not the name of the post but the nature of it) on Tuesday, the same day that PB 2.0 was released. There was nothing in that post that needed to wait for the day that the software update was released to be posted.

I am not saying that the article does not have valid points but the timing of the post was suspect and it was basically rehashing points that have been made before.

Nokia was irrelevant in the US and they ignored them, they didn't feel the need to bash them because they didn't factor into the equation. RIM apparently does or they would not have to constantly point out to the public that RIM is dying because they couldn't keep up with the competition.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-26-12 07:27 AM
    People don't hate on Blackberry any more than they hate on other platforms. The 2 differences are:
    1) Crackberry.com posters are clearly going to be reading more blackberry stuff, than the iOS/Android stuff. They would probably never visit the forums where people are hating on those products.
    2) RIM has been on a downturn, so there has been more negative news than positive news.
    02-26-12 08:10 AM
    It probably doesn't help, that on some days I feel like cb is one big subreddit. Hats off the to the mode though. They manage to do a difficult job on the forums.
    02-26-12 08:27 AM
    YAY ANOTHER WHY DO PPL HATE BB THREAD!!!!!

OK seriously people we can blame RIM for not putting out the word on how awesome BBs are and therefore creating the whole "fear what you don't understand" mentality.

we can go and blame the demand on how more and more people are wanting full touch phones and are shying away from the awesomeness that is a QWERTY keyboard on a device.

we can also go the route of the whole app discussion. that people hate/don't use BBs because our AppWorld has less apps in it then 'the other guys'.

i can go on and on and i know most people are aware of the issues floating around. the long and short of it is that "hatters gonna hate". there will always be people dragging another company in the dirt, yes this is on a massive scale but its still the same.
    02-26-12 08:50 AM
    Real ppl have lives + no time to waste posting on forum of something they don't use. Real people w an issue post here
    1 looking for a solution. (+ find it) 2 to find out how to do something on + find it.
    3 yes, when as w any tech there are glitches,gotchas, disatisfactions there are non-troll forum threads that affected parties follow, which also serve to guide others comparison-shopping that this vs that (bb phone hardware, os, app) is: wondreful/ a lemon; should be avoided - use x instead; here's the fix; as case may be. As opposed to real people, competitors' marketers (have plenty of time are getting paid to do this) post so that forum readers + googlers find a preponderance of recent reviews + posts showing "sucks, doesn't work" + if on cb so much the better.
    Nothing else makes sense.
    02-26-12 09:18 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whatever he said, I think?

How about a Cliff Note's version of your post?
    sallenthornton likes this.
    02-26-12 09:42 AM
    Here's an article I found through a quick internet search, I believe it's from an Australian news source but it does talk about what we're experiencing in forums...especially in this one as some posters 'seem' like they're being paid to do it

You have to click on the "show transcript" box to get the text...it's an interesting read, it talks about "astroturfing"

Don't trust the web - Background Briefing - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    02-26-12 10:28 AM
    What? People were hating when RIM was on top and people are hating when RIM is on the bottom. BBOS 7 wasn't a threat. BBOS 6 wasn't a threat and BBOS 5 wasn't a threat. The Storm was bad, the Storm 2 was a little more acceptable. These were not threats to other high end touchscreens.

You people really are looking way to much into this. I hate the NY Mets, not because I fear or think they are a threat to take the World Series title, I hate them because they suck and I'm a Yankee fan. They are a garbage team (sorry Mets fans) IMO and are not a threat.

RIM right now is putting out products that most of the market deemed uncompetitive. Believe it or not, some people may think RIM products simply suck and see no threat. Is it really that hard to believe? I'm sure some people in there twisted minds are hating because they may see them as a threat but that definitely isn't the only reason.

BTW, I don't think RIM products suck and I like RIM. If I were to buy a phone with a physical keyboard I would buy the 9930 immediately. I loved my 9000.
    And this would be acceptible only if you did not like another baseball team. Everyone is free to love or hate whatever, whoever they wish. Its called free will. Not everyone has your opinion. Bummer.
    02-26-12 10:37 AM
    And this would be acceptible only if you did not like another baseball team. Everyone is free to love or hate whatever, whoever they wish. Its called free will. Not everyone has your opinion. Bummer.
    It would only be acceptable to hate a team if I didn't like another? Ok... Your requirements for hate is pretty interesting.

So I can hate you (I don't, just an example) as long as I don't like anyone else on this forum?

To assume people hate just because of fear is ridiculous. There are more reasons to hate than that, fear can just be one of them. If you can't understand that, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by avt123; 02-26-12 at 12:25 PM.
    02-26-12 12:16 PM
    Negativity sells, especially if you're at the top, or were at the top.

It's not just RIM. Look at Apple and everything that's been stirred up lately with Foxconn. And all the antennagate and glassgate stuff. Apple is not the only company that uses Foxconn for manufacturing, and they sure as aren't the only company that has had hardware issues.

When has mainstream media last reported on Windows Phone? Or WebOS? No one cares when you're in the middle. The headlines don't grab attention.

As much as we all like to see success/feel good stories (ie. Tim Tebow, Jeremy Lin), human beings also seem drawn to others failures or mistakes...maybe because it makes themselves feel good, or perhaps if nothing other than give them an opportunity to point and say "HA HA".
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 02-26-12 at 12:49 PM.
    avt123 likes this.
    02-26-12 12:43 PM
    Especially for a company of RIM's magnitude to fail, it would mean larger economic impact on the country as a whole! A lot of tech mutual funds invest in RIM, and the effect will hurt more than just Waterloo and Ontario, it will hurt many people's CPP and RRSPs too.

From what I see so far, people who say RIM deserves to die because they haven't 1) innovated anything in years, 2) no one wants keyboard on phones, 3) don't give customers what they want. Really? First, they need to check facts before they say anything that may not be true. Second, to put into perspective, you don't wish capital punishment on anyone unless they've raped and killed. Even then, many people give them a chance to reform and rejoin society!

We're not asking people to praise BlackBerry or to denounce Apple... Don't treat RIM like a social leper. Just respect the competition, acknowledge what each can bring to the table, and accept that not everyone has the same needs/wants/tastes in technology.

LOL @Morty2264 I didn't realized it was closed till AFTER i wasted an hour trying to screenshot, put together and censor names in the whole FB feed to satisfy the nay-sayers. Maybe I should have skimmed the entire thread first.

Yeah, I think some of the people posting in that thread were not keeping on-topic (the Facebook incident sounded like a source or example; but the focus of the thread wasn't, "Is this person telling the truth or not?" lol). I agree: we're not asking anyone to pick "this" side... They can support, love, and use whichever brand of phone they want. Androids are so cool; and iPhones are nifty. Just a little respect would be cool; or the whole "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" thing. And I actually LOVE my BlackBerry because it has a keyboard... Typing on it is so much fun! If someone wants a touchscreen, there are many great options out there; but they don't have to cut down BlackBerry because a lot of the models have keyboards.
    02-27-12 04:43 PM
    i wonder about chinese hackers hacking rim like they did nortel? as the OP stated this sheeeeeeeit is getting out of hand.
    02-27-12 08:24 PM
    This getting a little weird. I have never seen any brand hate before like this. People can go out and buy a car thats cost them thousands of dollars and have all kinds off problems with them and not bash on them like people are hating on blackberry.
    I dont get it Blackberry are not a bad product at all.
    There must be some Subliminal messages or brain washing out there to hate on Blackberrys maybe it built in android and ios lol .
    LOL, really? Never seen car enthusiasts go at it have you.
    02-27-12 08:37 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD