Walking into any Best Buy, the Source or cellular store where mostly young, minimum wage employees must rely on a commission to pay their bills is a crap shoot. Four years ago, I walked into an AT&T store and got similar treatment when looking for a Motorola Atrix 4G. I personally don't think your experience is hate for BlackBerry. It is more about minimal training (good training costs money that many companies are unwilling to invest on employees who don't stay long), commission and what the employee's friends are using...
    Sounds like a reasonable explanation for sure. But I do think they're way too narrow-minded.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 09:19 PM
    The problem is blackberry does not promote there products, every channel or magazine has an ad telling the public how great there iphone/ipad is, so a min wage salesperson working on a commision just points to an iphone and bang...a sale, not spending time explaining why a blackberry is such a better phone
    Haha, makes sense! Apple and Samsung already do their job for them.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 09:20 PM
    Lmao seriously, people can't still be surprised by this ???

I tried to switch my friends unlocked Z10 to AT&T today and had to listen to him push a galaxy s5 extra hard once he knew she had a blackberry. Told her that just cause her phone was unlocked that it didn't mean it would work cause it was a BlackBerry. Even told her that her Internet might not work because BlackBerry's can't change apn settings lol. It didn't matter at all she told him he was happy with her phone.

I told her what was bs in the stuff he said but ultimately I kept quiet. It's their opinion and I'm not saying whether it right, but until BlackBerry produces devices that change how people view the company, this behavior isn't going to change

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 09:33 PM
    I would go into a store and expect to get any type of knowledge on when a phone is going to be released because, actually, I was walking past the store (aka an in-person, reliable source) and at the time it actually wasn't confirmed that the 20th was the release date.

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you are saying but you are talking about a brand that has been irrelevant and obsolete from a carrier perspective for a while now. No sales employee is going to know anything about a Blackberry phone release date. No one knew the release date for the Passport until it was announced by AT&T and to think that a sales rep is going to have internal knowledge about a brand that has all but disappeared from carrier stores is asking a little much in my opinion. It would be like walking into a carrier store and asking if they are going to be carrying the next Xiaomi phone. Blackberry is foreign to a lot of people in the stores. Like it or not that's the way it is.
    gebco and JeepBB like this.
    02-18-15 09:35 PM
    Lmao seriously, people can't still be surprised by this ???

I tried to switch my friends unlocked Z10 to AT&T today and had to listen to him push a galaxy s5 extra hard once he knew she had a blackberry. Told her that just cause her phone was unlocked that it didn't mean it would work cause it was a BlackBerry. Even told her that her Internet might not work because BlackBerry's can't change apn settings lol. It didn't matter at all she told him he was happy with her phone.

I told her what was bs in the stuff he said but ultimately I kept quiet. It's their opinion and I'm not saying whether it right, but until BlackBerry produces devices that change how people view the company, this behavior isn't going to change

Posted via CB10
    I'm not surprised, just a ranting :P

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 10:27 PM
    I understand what you are saying but you are talking about a brand that has been irrelevant and obsolete from a carrier perspective for a while now. No sales employee is going to know anything about a Blackberry phone release date. No one knew the release date for the Passport until it was announced by AT&T and to think that a sales rep is going to have internal knowledge about a brand that has all but disappeared from carrier stores is asking a little much in my opinion. It would be like walking into a carrier store and asking if they are going to be carrying the next Xiaomi phone. Blackberry is foreign to a lot of people in the stores. Like it or not that's the way it is.
    I think that your point is very valid when looking at the overall picture of someone asking a sales rep about an upcoming device from a manufacturer that's been kicked to the curb by the big guys (Apple, Samsung, etc), but in my scenario, there's nothing unreasonable about going into a store midway into February (the month during which it's been rumored/suggested that the Passport would be released in) and expecting, not necessarily a specific answer, but just a polite response that doesn't carry subtle scrutiny. At any rate, this was my rant about me (a more recent fan of BlackBerry) finally seeing how rough it is to be enthusiastic about a product the majority of people regard as IRRELEVANT! =\

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 10:42 PM
    I've gone to ask about the Passport two times and both times the representatives have been understanding at their lack of knowledge of Blackberry and they have redirected me to the AT&T site.
    But I've encountered those type of employees before on different occasions.
    02-18-15 10:44 PM
    Quite honestly, when people see my Z30 and say they'll look at getting a BlackBerry when their contract expires, I tell them that the reps probably won't sell them one and that they'll have to push hard to get one. One of my staff members went to get a BlackBerry and came back with an S4, which she regrets. As others have said, BlackBerry is basically irrelevant in the consumer market, except for the diehards like us.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 10:46 PM
33 12