Really Disappointing About  Passport' s keyboard!!!-14038015031.jpeg

This leak image shows how Arabic letters will be on Passport's Keyboard

They changed the way we type since the beginning BlackBerry device

I know number of buttons is smaller, but they changed it all

I know most of you don't care about Arabic Language, but really BlackBerry become disappointing for Arabic support

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-26-14 12:44 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14038015031.jpeg 
Views:	1828 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	280745

This leak image shows how Arabic letters will be on Passport's Keyboard

They changed the way we type since the beginning BlackBerry device

I know number of buttons is smaller, but they changed it all

I know most of you don't care about Arabic Language, but really BlackBerry become disappointing for Arabic support

Posted via CB10
    Ah okay, thanks for the post!

That does look tiny... maybe in person it becomes easier. I know after memorizing the Q10's keyboard, it became all muscle memory anyways.
    06-26-14 12:51 PM
    There may be a bit of a learning curve but I'll bet you will end up liking it better in the end.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 12:51 PM
    I'll tell you what I'm not disappointed by. That leaked image. That's one sexy beast.

It would be cool if those second letters were not Arabic. But different function keys instead of having to use the virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Ahmed Hanif and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    06-26-14 12:54 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the keyboard keys are like little display screens so when you're typing in Arabic those western keys won't be visible and the Arabic letters will be a lot more prominent.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 12:57 PM
    Ah okay, thanks for the post!

That does look tiny... maybe in person it becomes easier. I know after memorizing the Q10's keyboard, it became all muscle memory anyways.
    I'm not talking about size,

What I meant is the positions of letters ( e.g. assume to have "P" letter on left bottom corner)

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-26-14 01:35 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the keyboard keys are like little display screens so when you're typing in Arabic those western keys won't be visible and the Arabic letters will be a lot more prominent.

Posted via CB10
    That would be very cool, but don't get your hopes up. From the leaked material I have seen, that does not appear to be the case.
    06-26-14 01:37 PM
    How can people be disappointed in something they've never used yet? Use one first, then if you're disappointed, okay then.

Posted via CB10 from the AWESOME Z30; because I know!
    06-26-14 01:39 PM
    It would be cool if those second letters were not Arabic. But different function keys instead of having to use the virtual keyboard.
    It appears that you don't have to use the virtual keyboard. It appears the virtual keyboard mimics the physical one and you can actually type the symbols with the physical keyboard and use the virtual one as reference. It appears that it may be fully possible to type with out actually having to touch the screen.

That being said, there is currently no way to know if that image is of the final product. The OP should probably reserve his opinion until the Passport is actually released and we know what the final design will be. Also, naturally I don't use Arabic, but these keys appear to be mapped the same as a Q10.
    06-26-14 01:44 PM
    How can people be disappointed in something they've never used yet? Use one first, then if you're disappointed, okay then.

Posted via CB10 from the AWESOME Z30; because I know!
    What I meant is the positions of letters, imagine to have the "P" letter on the bottom left corner!!

Why they split letters and merge others!!

Since the 1st BlackBerry device we Re familiar with that distribution

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 02:00 PM
    this is stupid
    06-26-14 02:46 PM
    It appears that you don't have to use the virtual keyboard. It appears the virtual keyboard mimics the physical one and you can actually type the symbols with the physical keyboard and use the virtual one as reference. It appears that it may be fully possible to type with out actually having to touch the screen.

That being said, there is currently no way to know if that image is of the final product. The OP should probably reserve his opinion until the Passport is actually released and we know what the final design will be. Also, naturally I don't use Arabic, but these keys appear to be mapped the same as a Q10.
    The Q10 already does this when you bring up the symbols on screen. The disappointing part isn't bringing up the symbols or numbers on screen, it's the simple fact that there's no hardware buttons on the keyboard for alt, shift or symbols to begin with. As a user who's constantly typing lists of people's names and phone numbers in Remember, this phone is a complete and utter failure. There's no way gestures on the touch sensitive keyboard will replace dedicated keyboard buttons for alt, shift and symbols in terms of speed, efficiency and productivity. It would take slightly longer to stop typing, do the needed gesture to bring up numbers or symbols, choose the number or symbol needed, and then continue typing. On the Q10 it's incredibly fast and efficient because you just type in one fluid pace, you never have to stop to do any gestures for any amount of numbers or symbols; it just one solid and fluid motion of typing till your done.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 03:16 PM
    So you're saying the corresponding english letter isn't on the same key as the arabic letter? That does indeed kind of suck.

Wouldn't they make one with an all arabic keyboard though?
    06-26-14 03:33 PM
    So you're saying the corresponding english letter isn't on the same key as the arabic letter? That does indeed kind of suck.

Wouldn't they make one with an all arabic keyboard though?
    No, we know Arabic letters more than English, but the should keep the order of letters, as it was in all previous BlackBerry devices

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 04:33 PM
    BlackBerry why you don't give any responses to you users, believe me ( BlackBerry Middle East) is not there to let you know what's happening

BlackBerry lovers are making revolution for this change

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 12:45 AM
    BlackBerry why you don't give any responses to you users,
    Because the product hasn't even been released yet. They're now supposed to give out information because a picture leaked?
    06-28-14 12:19 PM
    What I meant is the positions of letters, imagine to have the "P" letter on the bottom left corner!!

Why they split letters and merge others!!

Since the 1st BlackBerry device we Re familiar with that distribution

Posted via CB10
    I don't know anything about your language. Is there a standard way that your alphabet is normally laid out on a keyboard? Like on your PC for example?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-28-14 12:22 PM