In case you missed it, a Best Buy commercial touts it's expert unbiased advice from it's employees. Unbelievable!!!! Of course the Super Bowl is known for it's outrageous commercials.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-05-12 at 06:12 PM.
    02-05-12 06:08 PM
    Saw it, Best buy sucks..... the add or no add... they will still suck, and its a blatant lie.
    02-05-12 06:10 PM
    02-05-12 06:17 PM
    I saw that and wondered why they felt the need to advertise their unbiased sales associates...
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-05-12 06:35 PM
    Used to love going to Best Buy. Last few visits were dismal. No customer service at all and selection of products was terrible. Really don't see myself going back.
    02-05-12 06:42 PM
    I LOLed and my eyes rolled...
    02-05-12 06:48 PM
    expert...unbiased...

BestBuy...winner of this year's most outrageous Super Bowl commercial
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-05-12 07:15 PM
    They'll probabaly ask for a gubmn't bailout now to pay for that ad they couldn't really afford.
    02-05-12 09:19 PM
    expert...unbiased...

BestBuy...winner of this year's most outrageous Super Bowl commercial

I could see someone painting their naked body with bestbuy's logo front and back. It would make my day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 10:10 PM
    I don't have a problem with best buy...recently caught a great deal on a TV and a fax machine...*shrugs*

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 10:54 PM
    Try buying anything with Blackberry printed on it Marty and you will be able to experience what the rest of us know:
    Best Buy Blows!
    02-05-12 11:38 PM
    I think they were saying unbiased because they are unbiased to carrier, not to device.

And I've personally had no problems at my local best buy. The techs there have always been nice and they do have a great selection of everything they should.
    02-05-12 11:51 PM
    Yeah but they don't carry u.s. cellular. So that throws out their every carrier statement.
    02-06-12 01:44 AM
    Try buying anything with Blackberry printed on it Marty and you will be able to experience what the rest of us know:
    Best Buy Blows!
    Obviously Best Buy is terrible, because they're sales associates don't push Blackberry's on people. I mean, heaven forbid in todays day and age, people actually want the most bang for their buck..and want a device with a FFC, media streaming capabilites, and app ecosystems, as well as something with bigger than a 3.2" screen! Seriously! What are consumers thinking these days?
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    02-06-12 07:52 AM
    Yeah but they don't carry u.s. cellular. So that throws out their every carrier statement.
    You missed my point completely. They are unbiased as to which carrier they want you to purchase from out of the carriers they support (which are the 4 major carriers in the US... I've honestly only heard of US Cellular through CB... I live in the US and have NEVER seen an add for them on TV or seen a US Cellular store, ever (and I travel a lot).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-06-12 08:31 AM
    Obviously Best Buy is terrible, because they're sales associates don't push Blackberry's on people. I mean, heaven forbid in todays day and age, people actually want the most bang for their buck..and want a device with a FFC, media streaming capabilites, and app ecosystems, as well as something with bigger than a 3.2" screen! Seriously! What are consumers thinking these days?
    Not that they don't push, they simply don't know about BB and flat out LIE! I'm sorry you work for Worst Buy Rick.
    Last edited by albee 1; 02-06-12 at 08:43 AM.
    02-06-12 08:41 AM
    You missed my point completely. They are unbiased as to which carrier they want you to purchase from out of the carriers they support (which are the 4 major carriers in the US... I've honestly only heard of US Cellular through CB... I live in the US and have NEVER seen an add for them on TV or seen a US Cellular store, ever (and I travel a lot).
    So you have never been to Chicago or USCellular field?
    02-06-12 08:46 AM
    Not that they don't push, they simply don't know about BB and flat out LIE!
    Welcome to society..
    02-06-12 09:02 AM
    So you have never been to Chicago or USCellular field?
    I've been to Chicago, never that stadium though.

But, the point is in 2007 Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile combined to have control over about 85% of all cell phone users. It's 2012, I'm sure that percentage has increased.
    02-06-12 10:03 AM
    I saw that and wondered why they felt the need to advertise their unbiased sales associates...
    Diverting attention from the truth that they do, no doubt.

"Me thinks thou doth protest too much..."
    02-06-12 01:03 PM
    I can't speak for all Best Buys, but the one closest to my house is awful, especially their mobile section.

My first aggregation when walking in their was that almost all of the phones were just display models. They were dirty and broken and the employees didn't seem to care. Only a few of the phones actually worked, an iPhone, a Nexus S and a couple Windows Phones. The iPhone and Windows Phones worked fine but someone had put a passcode lock on the Nexus and no one had bothered to fix it. Then over in their tablet sections half of the tablets had dead batteries, including the iPads that were on some big display.

Once again, not all Best Buys are this way probably, but from my experience they're really an awful place to try out technology.
    02-06-12 04:31 PM
    I mean, heaven forbid in todays day and age, people actually want the most bang for their buck..and want a device with a FFC, media streaming capabilites, and app ecosystems, as well as something with bigger than a 3.2" screen! Seriously! What are consumers thinking these days?
    So... most consumers want a Nintendo DS?

I saw something where Amazon is going to be building retail stores across the country. They will take a huge chunk out of BB if this happens. Cant get any worse in terms of the sales reps.

Yes. Best Buy Blows.
    02-06-12 04:38 PM
    The very fact that they felt they should address it (in a SB add no less) is proof it happens.
    02-07-12 02:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD