This is a great feature in the iPhone I do miss, but keep in mind one thing I don't miss is not being able to delete one of those messages. If I wanted to delete one, I had to delete all of it.
    I know I have heard this is a pain. But the layout of the SMS messaging is just unreal to me.
    05-22-08 10:03 PM
    I use an iPhone and threaded SMS is okay I guess. Its preference I guess. The thing I don't like is there is no time/date stamp for each SMS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 11:33 PM
    ya I would really like to have this back... must say that it is the only thing i miss about treo... that and the cool option to edit the photos on the handset...
    05-22-08 11:39 PM
    Nothing beats the palm. I just traded up from my treo 755p to the curve. I love the curve, the only complaint I have is the texting. Its no where near as good as the treo. But everything else on the curve is awesome so I am sticking with it and keeping my fingers crossed.

The treo threaded and has a time/date stamp with every message.
    05-23-08 11:18 AM
    Treos=dog doo

05-23-08 01:18 PM
    i had a treo too and had to constantly reset it because it wasnt receiving texts. Sure it looked pretty but in the end I switched to the BB because it was reliable. I'm used to the way texting looks now and it doesnt bother me one bit.
    05-23-08 01:23 PM
    I like the way it was on my Treo 700p. It didn't look as fancy as the iPhone's threaded texts, but it did keep them in a conversation format. And on the Treo, it had a date/time stamp and you were able to delete individual messages. You just had to scroll up (or tap the message you wanted to delete) and select delete. I'd love for BBs to have this feature. This is one of the only thing I miss after switching to a Curve.

That, and having categories in Calendar.
    05-24-08 01:31 AM
    Count me in as someone who wants this too, very much. The way that my 8330 stores and handles SMS works, but it's kind of a mess. The iPhone implementation is much better.
    05-24-08 02:05 AM
    I like the way it was on my Treo 700p. It didn't look as fancy as the iPhone's threaded texts, but it did keep them in a conversation format. And on the Treo, it had a date/time stamp and you were able to delete individual messages. You just had to scroll up (or tap the message you wanted to delete) and select delete. I'd love for BBs to have this feature. This is one of the only thing I miss after switching to a Curve.

That, and having categories in Calendar.
    Coming from any Treo, the threaded SMS, IMO, was fantastic. I'm not interested in the bubble look the iPhones SMS provided. Personally, I just think it looks childish. The BB way of doing SMS feels so, for lack of a better word; ancient.

I think the Treo standard should exist in BB. Maybe RIM and Palm can come together and make it happen.
    Oh what dreams are made of.....
    05-24-08 04:18 AM
    i had a treo too and had to constantly reset it because it wasnt receiving texts. Sure it looked pretty but in the end I switched to the BB because it was reliable. I'm used to the way texting looks now and it doesnt bother me one bit.
    Your Treo not rec'g text is usually a network related issue. A phone can be reset a 100 times and still not receive text if there is some hang up causing the delay.
    05-24-08 04:22 AM
    One of the things I miss about my Treo that and the ability to sort contacts by category.

I'd also like the character limit removed in texting.
    05-24-08 01:45 PM
    One of the things I miss about my Treo that and the ability to sort contacts by category.

I'd also like the character limit removed in texting.
    There is a way you can sort your contacts by category! In your address book, select a contact and go into the edit screen. Press the Blackberry button. Scroll down to categories and click your track ball. From this screen you can use the pre formatted blackberry categories or make your own. (I added ones for people from home, people from my department that i work in, fraternity brothers, etc.). Scroll down to the one you want and click the scroll ball to select. Make sure you save it!

Next, go back into the main view of your address book. Hit the menu key, and scroll up to filter. Now select the group you want to see! There you go! Sorting by category, or at least viewing by category. To show everyone again, just repeat that last few steps to deselect the category. This should work for you since I have a Sprint 8330 as well!

Hope that helped!
    05-24-08 01:59 PM
    There is a way you can sort your contacts by category! In your address book, select a contact and go into the edit screen. Press the Blackberry button. Scroll down to categories and click your track ball. From this screen you can use the pre formatted blackberry categories or make your own. (I added ones for people from home, people from my department that i work in, fraternity brothers, etc.). Scroll down to the one you want and click the scroll ball to select. Make sure you save it!

Next, go back into the main view of your address book. Hit the menu key, and scroll up to filter. Now select the group you want to see! There you go! Sorting by category, or at least viewing by category. To show everyone again, just repeat that last few steps to deselect the category. This should work for you since I have a Sprint 8330 as well!

Hope that helped!
    Thanks that worked. Man this place is amazing you learn something new every day.

Thanks again.
    05-24-08 03:32 PM
    Treos are kinda dog dewy BUT super easy to use and the threaded SMS is'a'very'nice.. Iiiiiiiii like. (Borat)

05-24-08 11:32 PM
    ok. so why cant anyone develope an application? I mean for windows mobile if someone has a problem there is an application developed the next day. Are there any blackberry developers? I mean i wish i could make something but i dont know how, but it just seems like everyone wants to talk about how nice it would be to have it yet no one has stepped up and built anything. I mean if this was fixed blackberry would be the most amazing phone ever.

(i mean it already is but this would just make it even more amazing )
    05-27-08 02:15 PM
    Yeah I am looking for the same thing. It would be in the best interest business wise for a company to make this because it is such a demanded feature. You'd think they'd be on it like white on rice.

05-27-08 02:25 PM
    I agreee with Doc. But it wouldn't hurt for something like that.
    05-27-08 02:37 PM
    It seems ironic that the Call Logs are threaded but SMS and BBM aren't. Coming from a long line of Treos, I'd really like threaded messages as well.

This seems like something the Empower folks might be interested in doing.
    05-27-08 03:06 PM
    I think thats why blackberrys are so bland they don't have everything I need,I can't find a talking dictionary, I can't find a mediaplayer that plays internet radio as easy as kinoma player,I can't watch videos from the internet, the treo had a better sms and internet and easier to use (my treo didnt reset as much as the 8830 and i still love treo's just waiting for something new)for the blackberry not to have this feature is crazy! Set it up blackberry! Plus I can't hide all the icons and just type in what i need like c a m e r a and then the camera comes up like the laucher app I had on my treo.
    Last edited by stayfly; 05-27-08 at 03:23 PM.
    05-27-08 03:20 PM
    Yeah. I mean I love my new blackberry, it never resets, works great, great service, etc.. it just falls behind in lack of third-party applications. It seems like alot of people on this site used to have treos, i used to have a windows pocket pc and even though the thing needed to be reset often I loved all the different applications for it. Go to ppcgeeks.com and just look at their forums, youll be amazed at the developement going on there compared to the blackberry world.
    05-27-08 03:34 PM
    I mean theres got to be some people on these forums that know how to make something to fix this. Anyone? We want this threaded sms!
    05-28-08 01:55 PM
    (((sigh......))) this is the one thing i miss about Windows Mobile, there were plenty of people who could make these programs or pull them from other devices and make them work. Come on RIM, make me happy that i switched!!
    05-28-08 02:27 PM
    oooooo i want!!
    thats nifty looking!
    05-28-08 02:43 PM
    and we wait and wait can someone take a que and develop it
    05-28-08 10:10 PM
    What's wrong with adding the 7 last entries per conversation in the SMS messages option? That's almost like 'threaded' sms messaging, no?
    That's what I say. I do not know why people want the "chat style" SMS view so bad. It does nothing for me. The way it is now is perfect for me (on OS 4.2 at least).
    05-28-08 11:11 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD