...will we have to wait for the official release after yesterday's delay.

Are we talking days or weeks?

Also the ios version of the app should have stayed up - I have seen many people successfully using it.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-22-13 08:41 AM
    Would be nice if they answered these questions. Or even any questions...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    anon(5624621) and JeepBB like this.
    09-22-13 08:42 AM
    I want to say the end of the day, however, I'm really not sure.
    You guys should need to know they have a great team of dev's working on it as fast as they can!
    BBVegasGirl80 and Vorkosigan like this.
    09-22-13 08:44 AM
    They are going to have to fix the application, fix the design, resubmit to Apple and get approval. That could be one day it could be two weeks no one really knows. As with all things Blackberry it's "coming soon"

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    JeepBB, hamletz90 and TgeekB like this.
    09-22-13 08:48 AM
    My guess is near the end of next week as I don't think it is an app issue but some back end problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:55 AM
    this was probably all planned by blackberry as they did not have the infrastructure set up for the influx of all the new users in time for their summer deadline

they make the app available in a few select markets, get 1 million extra people on bbm (their server limit before everything crashes) and buy some more time

I do not buy their excuse at all, absolutely rubbish I see right through their history of lies and deceit
    Last edited by ElGusta; 09-22-13 at 09:18 AM.
    09-22-13 08:58 AM
    Interesting view point... sadly you my friend you might have hit it dead on...

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:04 AM
    Didn't they say something about a country-by-country rollout? That sounds like they have a lack-of-sufficient-capacity problem. Since the apps are definitely working for some, then the issue would seem to come from the backend/server side.

It looks like they rushed things in order to make the end of Summer deadline. Now that they have blown that deadline (or just made it depending on your point of view) there's no particular deadline going forward.

Remember those billion dollar data centers that Apple builds? I guess that may be the kind of infrastructure investment a successful cloud computing effort requires.
    09-22-13 09:05 AM
    this was probably all planned by blackberry as they did not have the infrastructure set up for the influx of all the new users in time for their summer deadline

they make the app available in a few select markets, get 1 million extra people on bbm (their server limit before everything crashes) and by some more time

I do not but their excuse at all, absolutely rubbish I see right through their history of lies and deceit
    This issue people keep bringing up of the servers not being able to handle the increased load, in my opinion, is a ridiculous argument. One quickly forgets merely a year and a bit ago at BlackBerry World 2012, it was revealed that there was 77 million active BlackBerry users. Since then we have lost millions of users but the infrastructure has changed very minimally, and if anything, updated to accommodate BB10 users then the addition of Android and iOS. As much as people here want to rag on BlackBerry these days, I think we should take their word on this. I find it much more believable that a beta file that had bugs that was not suitable for public release caused the issues then the addition of users the network handled easily a couple of years ago.
    dehdude likes this.
    09-22-13 09:31 AM
    Unless you're a new bb user you really shouldn't be surprised
    09-22-13 09:33 AM
    This issue people keep bringing up of the servers not being able to handle the increased load, in my opinion, is a ridiculous argument. One quickly forgets merely a year and a bit ago at BlackBerry World 2012, it was revealed that there was 77 million active BlackBerry users. Since then we have lost millions of users but the infrastructure has changed very minimally, and if anything, updated to accommodate BB10 users then the addition of Android and iOS. As much as people here want to rag on BlackBerry these days, I think we should take their word on this. I find it much more believable that a beta file that had bugs that was not suitable for public release caused the issues then the addition of users the network handled easily a couple of years ago.
    77 million users over a period of 10 years (may be more may be a bit less) is completely different from 1 million in 8 hours.
    The rate of registrations could have very easily brought the back-end to a crawl.

Of course it is also possible the leaked version had issues with it and to be honest we probably won't ever know unless BBRY come out and give us more details.
    VJMotz likes this.
    09-22-13 09:34 AM
    Can someone please explain to me what happened here? Is BB saying that because 1 million people downloaded BBM that they couldn't handle it and it crashed their server? 1 million seems like a paltry number of users (relative to how many they've had using BBM in the past) so I don't get why everything went haywire. Didn't they want or expect high numbers of people downloading BBM?
    09-22-13 09:45 AM
    Well, I hope it is resolved today. The media will be chomping at the bit to cover another failure story.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:48 AM
    No, they just said the leaked versions caused this. No reasons given.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-22-13 09:48 AM
    Well, I hope it is resolved today. The media will be chomping at the bit to cover another failure story.
    The chickens have already flown the coop.

09-22-13 10:13 AM
    i dont think we will see it for android until the very end of the week at the earliest

i dont know what caused the hold up but im finding the official reasons (server overload or leaked bbm app f'ing things up) hard to believe
    09-22-13 02:11 PM
    Could be more then a month

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:14 PM
    i dont think we will see it for android until the very end of the week at the earliest

i dont know what caused the hold up but im finding the official reasons (server overload or leaked bbm app f'ing things up) hard to believe
    I don't find it hard to believe at all. But then I follow the history of these things.
    It's easy to believe that a leaked version of the app has a bug which hammers the servers or causes some kind of failure. After all, Apple has had similar excitements in the past, such as updates that cause a sudden collapse of battery life. It is even possible that the "leak" has a deliberate DDOS attack built in as someone from another company wants BBM on Android to fail.
    Currently the phone world seems to be a very nasty place, and one more attack on one of the few smaller players is just too believable.
    09-22-13 02:17 PM

Especially when those one million are spread throughout the world... And even those leaked versions didnt work.
    09-22-13 02:18 PM
    What I want to see is how the market responds tomorrow. Terrible news Friday afternoon and now this.
    09-22-13 02:24 PM
    Stock will flunk to below $6

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:35 PM