Hi everyone,

I searched the message boards here as a long time member but could not find a thread on the topic of smartphone addiction, so I thought I'd start one.

My BlackBerry loyalty began with the Bold 9700, and back then people used to comment that I had trouble putting the phone down when in social situations. Since then, I have used the Z10, Z30, Classic, and Passport.

With my current Passport SE, I truly find that I am using it FAR too much, so much so that there has literally been a pain in my neck from using it too much. We have a baby soon on the way and I'm concerned that I may be addicted to the SE too much. What I found between the Classic and the Passport though is that I truly used the Classic as a "no-nonsense" device and spent far less time browsing the Internet and "social mediaing" on it than on the SE. As a result, I just placed an order for another Classic and am looking forward to getting back to the simplicity and practicality of that device.

Has anyone else here experienced, or is currently experiencing some dependency on their BlackBerry to the point of it being an issue? I'm not looking for people here to cyberbully and ridicule those that may actually have an issue with smartphone use. I'm just curious to see if there are others with perhaps mild, moderate, or even heavy smartphone addiction. Thank you to all those who respond!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 11:44 AM
    OP, I kinda know where your coming from. But to me it's much quicker than firing up the laptop.

Let's face it, we're all at it these days and I'm a nut for saying it approaching 70 years of age. Hehe.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    03-19-16 11:50 AM
    OP, I kinda know where your coming from. But to me it's much quicker than firing up the laptop.

Let's face it, we're all at it these days and I'm a nut for saying it approaching 70 years of age. Hehe.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    Very true, I can easily use the Passport than firing up the laptop. Convenience can be a detriment sometimes I think. Because the laptop takes time to use, it is more of an intentional use situation; whereas the Passport starts as intentional use, then quickly fades into "surfing the web" with no clear reason other than to "scratch an itch".

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 11:56 AM
    Hence the term 'Crackberry'.

Have a q5, z10, z30. All working great, but considering Passport as well. Makes no sense on any level but what can I say.

Clicked from my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 12:03 PM
    Intersting Post and points shared here!

It all comes down, for me at least, to being more or less able to willingly put your attention onto things...

This is a mind thing and works on gradients and there are drills one can do, to get his attention units more free and more under his own belt again!

After all it's the most valuable thing you got, your attention under your willing control; that's why all and everybody is after it...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 12:21 PM
    This is a problem for a lot of people. Walk into any public place and you'll see people staring at their phones.
    03-19-16 12:24 PM
    This is a problem for a lot of people. Walk into any public place and you'll see people staring at their phones.
    Absolutely! And then I often catch myself doing that too

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 12:25 PM
    Smartphone Zombie Apocalypse imminent as we further descend into the mobile revolution...

Real smartphone addiction-smartphone-zombies-e1440255029612.jpg
    Real smartphone addiction-zombie-apocalypse.jpg
    Real smartphone addiction-46407-237307-thewalkingdeadzombiejpg-620x-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 01:36 PM
    ^^^hhahahahaha!

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    03-19-16 01:39 PM
    Hence the term 'Crackberry'.

Have a q5, z10, z30. All working great, but considering Passport as well. Makes no sense on any level but what can I say.

Clicked from my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Blackberry as an addiction has been talked about on here more than any other subject.
    03-19-16 02:11 PM