Do they have real working phones on sale in stores like FutureShop or just dummies?
    02-08-13 09:57 AM
    02-08-13 10:22 AM
    They have real phones. Most are set to display mode but you can overide that by holding the voice control (middle button on right side) then swiping up to minimize. Once that's done, you can really see how the phone opperates. Of course the hub isn't activated but at least you'll be able to try the camera, web, see how quick it is, try the swipes etc. Keep in mind though, that if you've never tried it, or don't know much about the gestures, a minute or two isn't really going to do it justice.
    02-08-13 10:30 AM
    Most have a black demo unit, and a white dummy.

At walmart yesterday, did the above trick and it worked. Hold the voice button, and then minimize the app.

Played around with the keyboard, camera, remember, etc. Really liked it.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-08-13 11:32 AM
    Wait until you start using it as your daily driver. I find myself amazed at how easy they make the multi tasking that it seems so natural so quickly.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-08-13 02:26 PM
    USA has no phones...
    02-08-13 02:48 PM
    as others have a said...I have found most have a black working model and a white dummy. The Wal-Mart at Sunrise centre and Kitchener has a lit up Blackberry display. The Apple display beside it looks like it was left in the past
    02-08-13 02:50 PM
    "I have found most have a black working model and a white dummy"

Hmm .. some people might find that remark offensive and racist
    02-08-13 06:05 PM
    USA has no phones...
    THIS. Mfering America!
    02-08-13 08:21 PM
    Was in the Telus Business store West End Edmonton meeting with our account rep today. Not only did the have a fully functional display model, it was tastefully arrayed with the current Bold & Curve in a nice counter display section. People were taking turns playing with it, all the other phone displays were deserted. I spent a few minutes swiping it and figuring it out (PlayBook experience helped, it was easy & natural, the future truly is in a swipeable interface)

Time to sit down with my Business rep, she knew everything about the Z-10 right down to the Outlook sync 'issues'. She was knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and was waiting for the Q-10 to replace her Bold. I came *this* close to getting a Z-10, they had 2 in stock... I would have had to pay out the existing contract on my Torch... And I really want a slider.. As nice as the Z-10 is...
    02-08-13 11:22 PM