09-16-19 04:46 AM
    “BlackBerry is the name marketing people dream about.” As long as he can convince customers it’s not exactly the old BlackBerry.

This is why I believe at some point that BlackBerry either returns to RIM or rebrands to Cylance. Third option would be to develop new brand.
    09-16-19 04:51 AM
    "Now BlackBerry brand smartphones are made by TLC Communication."

I wish! They need some TLC right about now. 😢
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-16-19 05:10 AM
    “BlackBerry is the name marketing people dream about.” As long as he can convince customers it’s not exactly the old BlackBerry.

This is why I believe at some point that BlackBerry either returns to RIM or rebrands to Cylance. Third option would be to develop new brand.
    This would make my year!
    09-16-19 09:26 AM

Research in Motion makes more sense today than BlackBerry....

If they are at a "tipping point", would be a good time to get out from under the BlackBerry name and move forward.
    ppeters914 and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-16-19 10:12 AM
    What a puff piece!
    09-16-19 10:12 AM
    What a puff piece!
    Wonder about the "expects to introduce several major new products before next year’s Consumer Electronics Show".

That generally isn't an enterprise software show.... nor a industrial assets management show.

Maybe with the end of TCL... BlackBerry really is getting back into consumer products?

In the end I expect it's more Cylance for you home PC or maybe for you phone....
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-16-19 11:04 AM
    Cylance? RIM? Blackberry?

As much as I can see the Cyber Lance as having a cool symbolism, one could also think that it's a dermatological procedure. RIM? Lots of things have Rims...basketball nets...cool.....and toilet bowls....maybe not so cool...unless you're trying to say RIM gets rid of the bad stuff instantly. So maybe not.

Though nothing beats the Soylent Green rounded top waste-bin like mascot of Android for the What the ----- were they drinking? The bloated kool-aid juice pitcher mascot for Android might have been more appropriate owing that it runs around spilling your data to all who ask, all while giggling (depending on the nations market type) .

Data thirsty? Hey Kool-Aid man!!!

More Fun and Half the security/privacy of Leading regular OS's...
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 09-16-19 at 02:45 PM.
    09-16-19 11:51 AM
    Wonder about the "expects to introduce several major new products before next year’s Consumer Electronics Show".

That generally isn't an enterprise software show.... nor a industrial assets management show.

Maybe with the end of TCL... BlackBerry really is getting back into consumer products?

In the end I expect it's more Cylance for you home PC or maybe for you phone....
    It's all Cylance/QNX/Enterprise things. That's not even new. Been saying that for 2 quarters.

Last quarter:

"We are ahead of our schedule in our Cylance integration, while investing in the right opportunities to drive long-term growth and profitability for BlackBerry. Customers are looking forward to our robust product cycle this year, with over 30 new secure communication products and services to be released."
    Anything even remotely consumer-related will by way of their agreements with Amazon and other smart-assistant/speaker integration, and some Cylance consumer/mobile offerings. @Bluebeary was right, it's the same old puff piece tossed out before earnings.

https://crackberry.com/amazon-announ...alexa-business
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.zips.android
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-16-19 03:17 PM

Maybe they should release a BB10 phone.....it works great this time around 10.3.x (no making impatient consumers wait this time, for a tweak to get it all just right).
    09-16-19 03:49 PM
    Maybe they should release a BB10 phone.....it works great this time around 10.3.x (no making impatient consumers wait this time, for a tweak to get it all just right).
    You can't even buy the parts anymore. BB10 isn't coded for any modern architecture.
    09-16-19 03:53 PM