09-13-11 10:49 AM
646 ... 678910 ...
tools
    They should all be checked.

Clear all the checks starting from "Allowed" (even if they are grayed out) then Click on them again to put the check back so they are active. They should all be now checked and not grayed out. Now write to phone and see if that works better for you.
    no luck I tried checking off all boxes then checking them again but I still don't get a lock.

When I hit write to phone i get the following error in addition to the ones shown on the pdf instructions v3:

NV Write Errors
    THe mobile reported the following errors while writing NV itemss:
    NV Item Status
    NV_UE_IMEI_I NV_READONLY_S
    04-14-09 02:40 PM
    no luck I tried checking off all boxes then checking them again but I still don't get a lock.

When I hit write to phone i get the following error in addition to the ones shown on the pdf instructions v3:

NV Write Errors
    NV Item Status
    I got an extra error too, that didn't affect the fix working. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what the error said.
    04-14-09 03:08 PM

NV Write Errors
    NV Item Status
    Try uninstalling google maps do a battery pull and reinstall it. It should work with Google maps. Bell and Telus Storm users
    can not get google maps to work either but it seems to work on VZW
    04-14-09 03:36 PM
    yes, bb maps is ok. bb maps worked before the change though. this attempt is to get google maps working.

on the older 8330 curves gps was fine. on the newer 8330m versions, it seems to be locked to were only bb maps and sprint navigation (telenav) works. many google map people are going to be pissed when they find there new 8330m's dont work like there old 8330's did.

thanks for any and all your help.

cody
    Seems your not the only one on Sprint now having a problem and Google is aware of it.
    Sprint Blackberry 8330 internal GPS is not working with Google maps 3.0.2 - Google Mobile Help
    04-14-09 03:56 PM
    Try uninstalling google maps do a battery pull and reinstall it. It should work with Google maps. Bell and Telus Storm users
    can not get google maps to work either but it seems to work on VZW
    Seems to be working a little better and faster now with google maps although the best lock i get still says within 100 meters but hey cant complain about that it's better than what i was getting before

Thank you everyone for all your help. I'm gonna keep messing with it to see if i can get better results.
    04-14-09 04:06 PM
    Seems your not the only one on Sprint now having a problem and Google is aware of it.
    Sprint Blackberry 8330 internal GPS is not working with Google maps 3.0.2 - Google Mobile Help
    yeah, but it's not a google maps problem. none of the gps programs work except bb maps and sprint navigation. i went to the crackberry app store and downloaded a few different trial versions of different gps software. nothing works, not like it should anyhow. it seems that those apps that do work have reverted back to a cell twoer locate version.
    04-14-09 07:59 PM
    I have a service with alltel and I wold like to give this a try...however I am having a bit of trouble finding the programs other than BBDM. Could someone please PM me with me the links to where I can find these...either direct download or torrents. Also if possible could someone please work with me on AIM or something to prevent me from messing up my BB. I would really appreciate it. You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Again.
    04-14-09 10:28 PM
    Its easy.
    Google is your friend for finding the Apps. Just print out the guide and follow it word for word and you should have no problems.
    04-14-09 11:34 PM
    Just some info for you all

How CDMA GPS Works in Blackberry

Different modes of operation are chosen automatically or specified by software, In the A-GPS modes, gpsOne technology utilizes assistance data from a location server in the wireless network in combination with A-GPS circuitry and software in the wireless device.
    Standalone (Autonomous) GPS: The GPS receiver calculates a position without using any assistance data and without a connection to the wireless network.

Note: Verizon does not support the Standalone mode. For BlackBerry Device Software 4.7 and later (ie 9530 Storm), Standalone mode is open to applications that are signed by RIM.
    MS-Based: The GPS receiver calculates the position using assistance data from a location server to increase cold-start sensitivity and reduce the start time for an initial position calculation.
    MS-Assisted: The GPS receiver uses assistance data from a location server to make measurements related to its distance from the GPS satellites, then sends this information to the location server where the position is calculated. This mode also increases cold start sensitivity and reduces the start time for an initial position calculation.
    Note: Verizon requires third-party applications to have a valid Client ID and Password for access to their Location Proxy Server (LPS).

There are three more modes that use a combination of MS-Based and MS-Assisted to achieve a location fix.

Speed optimal
    MS-based position calculation is preferred
    PDE-based fix/MS-assisted mode is done only if MS-based position calculation fix fails
    Ephemeris download from PDE is preferred as compared with data demodulation

Accuracy optimal
    PDE-based position calculation/MS-assisted mode is a preferred option MS-based position calculation only if PDE-based fix failsEphemeris download from PDE is preferred as compared with data demodulation

Data optimal
    Standalone mode is the preferred option and minimum PDE/network access is allowed
    Data demodulation is preferred as compared with ephemeris download from PDE
    MS-assisted position fix if MS-based position calculation fails to generate a fix
    Data optimal mode disables SA download
    Finally, another mode that simply returns the location of the cellular transmission site in contact with the BlackBerry smartphone is known as CellSite. This mode is not part of Qualcomm gpsOne but is worth mentioning. Accuracy of this mode is obviously low: 400m to 2500m in urban areas and will vary by location. CellSite is recommended when accuracy is of least concern.

The different types of fixes are:
    Cellsite: Which is the least accurate but the fastest location mode, uses cellsite towers that attempt to provide triangulated GPS information.
    Assisted: Which is more accurate than the Cellsite fix but not as fast, uses the network in an assisted search.
    Autonomous (Standalone): Which yields the most accurate fix but provides the first fix the slowest, uses the on-board GPS chip.
    Note: All Qualcomm gpsOne modes, except Standalone and Cellsite, require a connection to a PDE server. To enable a connection to a PDE server, the IP address and the port of the server must be configured.

Resetting the LocationProvider
    A LocationProvider may stop returning fixes when network coverage deteriorates or the BlackBerry is in an environment that is not suitable for receiving GPS data (for example, indoors). In these scenarios, the GPS chip will go completely cold to preserve battery power. If this event is triggered, an application can reset the provider to restore the GPS chip.

After a reset, the application can try to get a fix again; however, if the GPS chip fails to get a fix (if the network coverage or environment has not improved), it will again go cold and will stop getting fixes. It is strongly recommended not to reset the provider at an interval less than three minutes since it can take up to three minutes to get a fix from a cold start.

Keeping the GPS chip hot
    The GPS chip is considered hot when it has an active connection with the satellites. A fix can be obtained almost instantly when the chip is hot. To preserve battery power, the chip is configured to go cold if the application does not ask for fixes for some time. From a cold start it may take much longer to get a fix. For applications that require frequent fixes, it is recommended that the application queries for fixes every 10 seconds.
    04-15-09 01:16 AM
    This hack doesn't work for GSM devices? I have a curve 8900 (unlocked) and only use the internal GPS (no assistance). I've gone through the tutorial and tried everything but can't even get the 1st step to recognize the phone (doesn't matter what port 1-10 i've tried them all and turned off UAC on VISTA).

Would be nice to have a hack for this because currently i CAN get a sat lock, but that's it. It locks after refresh but doesn't seem to stay locked. The only time it shows i'm connected is after i refresh. And yes, i'm outrside in an open area.

Does the OS make a difference? I'm using Orange's .206 version even though my phone is a t-mobile (germany) unlocked phone. I didn't have much luck with T-mobiles .133 which was there latest either. Is there something better in between?
    Last edited by bobbodavis; 04-15-09 at 01:18 PM.
    04-15-09 01:15 PM
    This only works for Qualcomm chiped BB's so only for CDMA phones.
    04-15-09 01:27 PM
    just to double check things...if i do the ##000000 thing and the CDMS Service Edit Screen comes up i can just go to the QPST step and i dont have to worry about the other programs other than BBDM?
    04-15-09 07:55 PM
    Your correct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 10:55 PM
    QPST is not recognizing my phone it only lets me choose the work offline option
    04-15-09 11:09 PM
    I followed the instructions exactly and tried with amAze gps after changing it to center on gps then BAM showed my location closer than the Gps in my Truck. I will let you know my info running a 8330 Curve on Alltel v 4.5.0.127 (platform 3.4.0.20) Just checked BBmaps work and now google maps found me in my house. Excellent job Thanks so much.
    04-16-09 03:47 AM
    QPST is not recognizing my phone it only lets me choose the work offline option
    What version are you useing ? You might have to add the port first.
    04-16-09 09:33 AM
    I've looked over this thread, but has anyone had success with the 8830 WE and this fix? Currently have DM 4.7 & v4.5.0.135 running.
    04-16-09 04:43 PM
    Yes it works on the 8830.use the same settings as the 8330. The SPC address is diffrent if you need it.

Last edited by HouseApe; 04-16-09 at 04:55 PM.
    04-16-09 04:51 PM
    If you need the SPC for the 8830 use
    Address 0x10600000 Length 500000 or 0x10057700 Length: 524288
    Last edited by HouseApe; 04-16-09 at 07:21 PM.
    04-16-09 05:04 PM
    I am using Version 2.7 build 215
    04-16-09 07:02 PM
    Sounds like you need to add the port first.

Go to QPST Configuration. Make sure your in the ports tab at the top. Then in the bottem right you will see the Add New Port button. Add the next port in the list. Keep adding them until your phone shows up with the ESN.
    04-16-09 07:18 PM
    OK I went through the process and my BB rebooted. however when i booted back up nothing on my phone wanted to work. I tried to call my voicemail and it wouldn't let me. It gave me the option to reconnect so i did. everything is back up like it was before i did everything, except my AIM keep signing in and out and i am not getting my email automatically. Nothing has changed accuracy wise for google maps. What did I do wrong???

I am using BBDM 4.5. Does that effect anything?
    Last edited by ajglenn03; 04-17-09 at 10:20 AM.
    04-16-09 09:08 PM
    Did you do anything eles in QPST ?

Do a battery Pull.

Also you may want to resend your service books
    04-17-09 12:12 PM
    I didn't do anything else in QPST, just what was in the PDF instructions

I did a battery pull...everything seems to be back to normal except the AIM thing

Google maps still the same as before 4400 meters.

How would I resend my service blocks?

Do you suggest that I retry the guide again?
    04-17-09 01:13 PM
    To resend All service books go to
    E-Mail Settings and login to you BIS account then you will see the re send servce books option. (you are on BIS right)

Also try uninstalling AIM and reinstalling it.

Does BB maps get a lock?

You could look in QPST and read your phone to see if the new setting are there.
    04-17-09 01:26 PM
646 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD