09-13-11 10:49 AM
646 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Google it. We can't post the links

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 08:10 PM
    Google it. We can't post the links

I understand, I did Google it, but as bad as I would love to have the fix, I don't know if its worth downloading this program.

04-07-09 08:27 PM
    hey i just did this for my Verizon Curve 8330, i used both tutorialsfollowing what they both had to say, google maps has improved my location only off a couple streets rather then blocks, bbmaps gets the satellites quicker then before, nav4all still isnt picking up a gps singnal but if i go to bbmaps and click navigate with nav4all it shows my current location, trapster still cannot lock on either even if bb maps is locked in the background, but it seems to of helps some and thats all i wanted, thanks for your help and also bionic4.0 for his as well
    04-07-09 09:46 PM
    8130 on MTS in Canada. Latest OS (.131)
    Tried the fix on the weekend, no joy. Tried Bell and Telus settings no go. MTS is CDMA but I dunno. I don't need GPS that bad. Willing to try one last shot! Any ideas?

04-07-09 10:05 PM
    It works for SaskTel and MTS. When you read your phone in QPST are the settings still there?

04-07-09 11:58 PM
    I don't know how you guys know this stuff, but I'm sure glad you do. My GPS is now working great..THANKS!!

My stats:

BB8330
    Alltel

Went from NO GPS to 11 satellites on BBMaps...Google maps now work, as does GPS Tracker. All within a few feet of my house.
    04-08-09 12:14 PM
    It works for SaskTel and MTS. When you read your phone in QPST are the settings still there?

I'll send you my settings via PM in the next few days maybe you can see what's wrong

04-08-09 05:58 PM
    I want to try this with my Verizon 8130. I haven't read the guerrilla post yet though. What's the worst I can do to my phone trying this. What are good backup methods? Is the desktop manager backup good enough. I want to try this but don't want to ruin a two day old phone just trying to get twitter-GPS in the where application working like it should put of the box. I don't even know if the pearl has the same GPS as the curve. Thanks for any feedback.

EDIT: Wait, will my a-GPS chip prevent any of this from working period?
    Last edited by Faulk_Wulf; 04-09-09 at 08:46 PM.
    04-09-09 12:59 PM
    Verizon 8330 user here. I tried the fix, it didn't work (no surprise), but now I'm having a new problem. It may have nothing to do with this, but now even when I use my external bluetooth GPS, the device seems to be using only cell tower triangulation. (I could go on and on about all the settings, but let's assume I have everything set right all over the place, and move on. I can answer specifics if it will help.)

What I'd like to do is reset my settings back to what they were before I used the QPST program. Naturally, I didn't write down these settings before changing them. If another Verizon 8330 user can run QPST and share the default info from the GPSone tab, that'd be swell. Like, really awesomely swell.

Thanks!

-Imp

EDIT:
    Ok, hopping back in with more information. I can still use BB Maps with the internal GPS, but in any program where I select my external BT GPS, including BB Maps, it fails to get a signal. The BT connects, and the BT manager shows it connected and happy, running on the serial port as it always has. I also tried using the same GPS with my laptop, which connected to it and found the signal, so the device is working. It seems that something in the changed settings may now be diverting all GPS requests to the internal, or simply diverting the incoming BT information.
    Last edited by Imposter; 04-10-09 at 09:36 AM.
    04-09-09 03:37 PM
    Finally got everything figured out last night. GPS locks to more sats and faster. I am on the second floor of a hotel and locked onto 10 sats.
    Alltel
    Thanks for showing me a way to get my phone to work the way its supposed to.

04-09-09 08:28 PM
    Blackberry 8330 Curve
    Network: Verizon
    Firmware: 4.5.0.77
    qpst: .215

i tried the fix,but don't work.
    how to fix the verizon?
    04-10-09 02:01 AM
    want does not work? Is BlackBerry Maps working?

04-10-09 09:29 AM
    Verizon 8330 user here. I tried the fix, it didn't work (no surprise), but now I'm having a new problem. It may have nothing to do with this, but now even when I use my external bluetooth GPS, the device seems to be using only cell tower triangulation. (I could go on and on about all the settings, but let's assume I have everything set right all over the place, and move on. I can answer specifics if it will help.)

What I'd like to do is reset my settings back to what they were before I used the QPST program. Naturally, I didn't write down these settings before changing them. If another Verizon 8330 user can run QPST and share the default info from the GPSone tab, that'd be swell. Like, really awesomely swell.

Thanks!

-Imp
    I'm not on Verizon but I think the IP,port, ect is just blank. Everything on the left should be checked.

04-10-09 09:33 AM
    HouseApe,

I remember everything on the left was checked in gray (heh, so good luck restoring it anyway, right?). But I think the ip address had numbers, which I replaced, again, like an *****.

I suppose some lovely saint out there could save the data from that tab using QPST and send me the file so I could restore it. Come on, Obi Wan. I know you're out there, and you're my only hope.

In my defense, I really, really, really want the stupid internal GPS to work, so I was willing to try anything. I just should have been smarter about the steps.

-Imp

EDIT:
    I did set the IP and port to 0 (or 0.0.0.0), but the results are still wonky and largely unusable. I can't get even the internal to work reliably with BB Maps. Also, I tried downgrading to .77 and back up to .131, with no change.

However, I remembered my wife just got the same phone through work, so I may have to borrow hers and check its default settings...

SECOND EDIT:
    Does anyone have her password? No? Damn. I have to tell her what I'm up to.
    Last edited by Imposter; 04-10-09 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Adding info
    04-10-09 09:40 AM
    OK... Been working on this for 5-6 hours. No luck. I have the storm on verizon. Can't get unicdma or qpst to see it.

I have read this thread from start to finish. I see in places where verizon storm users have 3rd party gps apps working, but I can't seems to get even google maps 3.0.2 to get a fix.

Leaving in morning to enjoy Easter holiday with family. Will give eyes and brain a rest over the weekend and maybe pick back up next week.

Thanks all y'all for all the time you're spending trying to get the rest of us squared away. Maybe when I step away for a bit I'll see I'm just screwing something stupid up. Hope I'm not one of those guys who aren't reading posts correctly! LOL
    04-10-09 08:44 PM
    i have a Bold in a gsm netwrok and travel a lot so how can i apply this fix because i really need it

thx
    04-11-09 08:27 AM
    I have tired to unlock the gps on Alltel 7103e & 8703e to no avail
    04-11-09 11:30 AM
    A lot of the 'programs' mentioned are new to me. I have the worldphone 8830 on verizon and would like to get Trapster to work on it. Of course Verizon shuts off the GPS so not to work with software but theirs.

have you or anyone actually gotten this to work on their phone. Afraid I may mess something up without extra help.

gary
    04-11-09 03:08 PM
    HouseApe,

I remember everything on the left was checked in gray (heh, so good luck restoring it anyway, right?). But I think the ip address had numbers, which I replaced, again, like an *****.

I suppose some lovely saint out there could save the data from that tab using QPST and send me the file so I could restore it. Come on, Obi Wan. I know you're out there, and you're my only hope.

In my defense, I really, really, really want the stupid internal GPS to work, so I was willing to try anything. I just should have been smarter about the steps.

-Imp

EDIT:
    I did set the IP and port to 0 (or 0.0.0.0), but the results are still wonky and largely unusable. I can't get even the internal to work reliably with BB Maps. Also, I tried downgrading to .77 and back up to .131, with no change.

However, I remembered my wife just got the same phone through work, so I may have to borrow hers and check its default settings...

SECOND EDIT:
    Does anyone have her password? No? Damn. I have to tell her what I'm up to.
    vzw 8330. Just applied fix and entered settings as shown in this thread. I didn't note the original settings in QPST, but I think I remember that the IP address was completely blank (not zeros), and all boxes to the left were grey-checked. PDE transport was IP, and pos. calc. was either blank or PDE (not mobile.) Don't know if that will help...
    After the fix, BB maps and VZnav work just as before, and Google maps works with its usual vagueness. AmAze and Nav4all do not work at all, with or without BB maps acquiring a lock in the background. After a few hours testing, it doesn't seem like anything has changed...

EDIT 1: Found the original settings on bbforums, BUT they are for a VZW 8830. I have no idea if they're the same as for the 8330, so use with caution:

IP: 0.0.0.0
    PDE Port: 4911
    PDE Transport: IP
    Pos. Calc.: (blank/nothing selected)

I may try these settings with all the boxes black-checked and see what happens...
    Last edited by sidbaxter; 04-11-09 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Got more info
    04-11-09 05:23 PM
    i got to step 10 and got lost? i do not know what "uniCDMA" is so i could not open it and switch to qualcom.
    04-11-09 05:34 PM
    All those who cannot get the program UniCMDA to see your blackberry here is a partial solution. (disclaimer this exposes your PC to all sorts of issues, so attempt at your own risk)

If you are running windows vista, you will have to disable UAC. I have the link although i am not sure if i am allowed to post it. So instead I will tell you how to do it, I will not be held responsible for any damages done to your PC using this, but if you are allowed to turn it on and off, it shouldn't be that consequential.

Firstly go to the start bar and open up the control panel, in the search window of control panel, type in UAC this should automatically bring up the control, just uncheck the box and it will prompt you to restart, which you must for changes to take effect.

Remember once you are done with this excursion into your BB GPS, remember just invoke control panel and type in UAC then check the box and restart.

Hope this helps those using Windows Vista.
    04-11-09 05:56 PM
    Hi all,

To TheHeartlessHero, thanks! Yours was the first post that I came across looking for a solution to the GPS problem with my BlackBerry 8330m Curve. For those unaware, the "m" signifies a phone that has the new, long code MEID ESN. They feature different firmware because of the change.

Anyway, my carrier is US Cellular, the phone is an 8330m Curve, and of course, it is loaded with 4.5.138 firmware, which so far, is the only firmware for this sub-model.

One note. I could not get UniCDMA to work with this phone, no matter how hard I tried. I am guessing it is because of the long ESN.

Also, I had QPST v.2.7 Build 275 already around from a test phone that I had played with before. I received an error when I tried to go into Service Programming. Figuring that I needed something newer because of the ESN, I next tried Build 301. Same message. When I then used the 215 build recommended for the standard 8330, it worked perfectly.

So, for anyone with a new USCC 8330m, you will have to use a bit of "social engineering" to get your SPC from US Cellular foks, and you will want to use the same 2.7 Build 215 of QPST that works with other 8330's.

Again thanks!
    04-11-09 09:13 PM
    WOOT

IT WORKS

Blackberry 8330 Curve
    Network: US Cell
    Firmware: 4.5.0.131
    qpst: .215
    04-11-09 09:37 PM
    anyone has info on this fix for gsm carriers?

thx
    04-12-09 08:29 AM
    I have to say that my GPS on my Verizon 8330 randomly started to work about 4 months ago. Then I updated to the new OS and it randomly stopped working again.

I went through this tutorial, and it works again haha. Thanks!

Settings I used:
    Verizon:
    PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
    PDE Port number: 8888
    PDE Transport: IP
    Position Calculation: Mobile

Blackberry Curve 8330 (Alltel)
    -Address=0x1067ed90
    -Length=1703936

QPST 2.7 215
    -SPC/MSL Code was- 000000
    -Surf6300-BB