Wow no one on VZW likes to read.
    Huh? Are you saying that my post contradicts something/anything that TwinsX2Dad says on the referenced thread?
    04-03-09 12:30 PM
    No not you. Just the three other responses.
    04-03-09 02:32 PM

How am i not reading what you wrote?? Strange
    04-03-09 02:38 PM
    OK, thanks
    04-03-09 03:46 PM
    thank you soooooooo much!!!
    i did skip a lot of steps by just walking into uscc and asking for my spc... but this was very helpfull..
    i went from searching for 20 minuets, to locking 9 sats in 10 seconds INDOORS!!
    THANK YOU~!
    04-03-09 03:50 PM
    How am i not reading what you wrote?? Strange
    Guys my comments are directed at these posts. Sorry for the generalization.

I have been following spark's posts and have exactly the same problem. 8330(VZW) 4.5.0.77. GPS works on BBMaps, nothing else. Ideas anyone?
    I have tried this before while messing around with QPST 215 on one of my 8130s, and no dice, didnt work for VZW.

Verizon
    4.5.0.131 (188)

if anyone finds that I am wrong, and your vzw berry works (aside from 9530 of course), i'd really love to know so i can unlock mine
    I am running .113 on the Verizon Storm. I have tried the setup several times and no such luck. I am able to use BBMaps and Google Maps as before, but other 3rd party apps will not acquire the GPS signal.

Anybody have any suggestions?
    04-03-09 03:52 PM
    I get 8-11 sats in blackberry maps, google maps and the free version of Telmap. Thanks for that. However, I have found one hic-up. I wanted to install iheartradio on my Alltel Blackberry Curve. when I went to the website, it was supposed to direct me to the download. It did not and looked just like the normal iheartradio.com home page. My wifes identical curve (un-modified) however was redirected to the proper mobile download page.

I was trying to download one other app also and was told I needed a Blackberry to download the app.

for some reason, my blackberry curve is no longer recognized as a blackberry after installing this. I have the latest OS system, any ideas about this?
    04-03-09 11:31 PM
    Have you tried clearing your history, cookies, or any other things like that?

You could always try uninstalling and reinstalling the Blackberry Browser (if that's what you're using)
    04-04-09 01:14 AM
    I am running .113 on the Verizon Storm. I have tried the setup several times and no such luck. I am able to use BBMaps and Google Maps as before, but other 3rd party apps will not acquire the GPS signal.

Anybody have any suggestions?
    Update..... I changed the mode from Mobile to PDE ? (the other one). Now I have blackstar gps tracker and amaze running. Berrylocator still not able to get a gps signal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sgtslaughter; 04-04-09 at 07:54 AM.
    04-04-09 07:11 AM
    I get 8-11 sats in blackberry maps, google maps and the free version of Telmap. Thanks for that. However, I have found one hic-up. I wanted to install iheartradio on my Alltel Blackberry Curve. when I went to the website, it was supposed to direct me to the download. It did not and looked just like the normal iheartradio.com home page. My wifes identical curve (un-modified) however was redirected to the proper mobile download page.

I was trying to download one other app also and was told I needed a Blackberry to download the app.

for some reason, my blackberry curve is no longer recognized as a blackberry after installing this. I have the latest OS system, any ideas about this?
    In the browser go to options and make sure you emulation mode is set to BlackBerry
    04-04-09 09:54 AM
    Dude, you rock! Thank you very much for your very informative guide and also for including the additional PDF which is very helpful, too. After applying the fix I tested Sprint Navigation and I have never experienced it getting the routing information for directions to a location so fast before. Previously, inside my house I might have received one bar on the GPS signal meter or none at all. Now I get five bars! Google Maps is much faster to find my current location via GPS and BB Maps shows my phone to be in contact with 9 to 12 GPS satellites! I can't wait to try this out on my next business trip to see how well GPS performs now in cities where I've recently been where it only worked about 10% of the time before. Thanks again!

Here are some notes from my experience with your fix and the PDF guide:
    1. I didn't have to register WinHex (as suggested in the PDF guide) to obtain my phone's SCP.
    2. My phone's COM ports on my laptop were 4 and 5. uniCDMA didn't recognize my phone's COM4 port. After I changed COM5 to COM2 (which was available) that's the port on which uniCDMA recognized my phone.
    3. The PDF guide provided a specific base model (Surf6300-BB) to use for my 8330 in QPST and this worked the first time. It's very helpful not to have to guess which model to use.

The fact that my GPS worked well with the Sprint BB 4.3 OS makes me disappointed with Sprint on two counts. First, Sprint took quite a while to release their version of the 4.5 OS. You'd think the extra time they took to release it might mean that they took extra care to ensure all functions worked well. Second, Sprint did a poor job of integration testing with their version of 4.5 and released it with a very poorly, almost non-functional GPS feature. I have other issues with Sprint's 4.5 media player not working as well as the 4.3 version, but that's not nearly as critical as GPS working properly and depending on it to get me to my clients' businesses while I'm traveling in cities with which I'm unfamiliar.
    04-04-09 10:23 AM
    What you are doing is adding the IP and Port to the Firmware. This has noting to do with the OS versions. The OS looks at the firmware for the server info.

Interesting about WinHex. I've had it installed for so long I can't remember if I Reged it or not. And ya its best to keep the Rim ports in the 1-4 range.

Glad you got it going.

04-04-09 03:52 PM
    Great Guide... Just did my Verizon Storm. Only problem is that after I have completed all the steps, I already had sat lock in BBMaps just took forever. Now I have 7-9 sats in seconds, however my computer (Vista 64bit) will not recognize my storm in the charger cradle or straight plugged into a usb port. Its like QPST has sequestered all of my USb ports. I removed all of them from the configuration utility, however no dice will Desktop Manager. Any ideas...???
    04-04-09 05:30 PM
    Great Guide... Just did my Verizon Storm. Only problem is that after I have completed all the steps, I already had sat lock in BBMaps just took forever. Now I have 7-9 sats in seconds, however my computer (Vista 64bit) will not recognize my storm in the charger cradle or straight plugged into a usb port. Its like QPST has sequestered all of my USb ports. I removed all of them from the configuration utility, however no dice will Desktop Manager. Any ideas...???

Verizon Storm is already unlocked for 3rd party GPS.. BB maps takes me about 3 sec and Google maps about 8 or 10 tops (Inside house) and Amaze about 4 sec after it starts up..
    04-04-09 06:16 PM
    so wait let me get this straight,

if I try this on my blackberry 8330 for verizon. I could then use programs like GPS Tracker? Because I'm looking for a program that would share my GPS. But with Verizon they have it locked down
    04-04-09 09:32 PM
    Soccerdude -

It appears no one with a VERIZON phone other than the Storm has gotten this to work, at least, not on this board. The gps remains locked to 3rd party programs from what I've read here.
    04-04-09 10:12 PM
    In the browser go to options and make sure you emulation mode is set to BlackBerry
    That was it. Thanks a bunch to everyone.
    04-04-09 10:22 PM
    Using my Verizon Storm, I am able to run GPS Tracker, Black Star, amAze, and Send A Fix. Berry Locator still won't pick up a GPS signal though.

Last edited by sgtslaughter; 04-05-09 at 06:45 AM.
    04-04-09 10:47 PM
    thanks F2, so I guess there is no reason for me to do this?

Ugh, I wish there was some way to enable it for the 8330! I'd still use VZ Navigator for my GPS even if it unlocks on other phones, but I just want to be able to share my GPS with my family and stuff (since I live away from them, and so when I take my trips home they can see where I'm at easier).
    04-05-09 11:45 AM
    thanks F2, so I guess there is no reason for me to do this?

Ugh, I wish there was some way to enable it for the 8330! I'd still use VZ Navigator for my GPS even if it unlocks on other phones, but I just want to be able to share my GPS with my family and stuff (since I live away from them, and so when I take my trips home they can see where I'm at easier).
    The other option is to get a separate bluetooth gps unit. I used it today on a hike using gps-logger (temp unavailable) and have used gps-ed and Black* (blackstar) geocache software.
    04-05-09 08:37 PM
    hmm probobly no way to get one by Thursday for cheap?
    04-06-09 08:49 AM
    I just wanted to Confirm Success: (I went from at the most 5 satellites in a rural area to 10 within seconds) Here is my info:

Blackberry 8330 Curve
    Network: US Cellular
    Firmware: 4.5.0.127

Thanks again HouseApe with all your help!

Quack
    04-06-09 10:22 PM
    Hi
    I need the AGPS details for 8830.
    It is on Tata India CDMA1X
    OS is 4.2.123
    04-07-09 05:58 AM
    clive

I told you in the other forum that no one has that info.
    04-07-09 01:56 PM
    Where is a good placeb to download QPSt. I tried last night and kept getting security errors from my laptop!

04-07-09 07:57 PM
646 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD