09-13-11 10:49 AM
646 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I just used this guide and the GPS now works on my Alltel 8130 (Pearl), and my wife's Alltel Curve.

Thank You!!
    Oh, and it is working great with Google maps as well (location within 10 meters)
    07-19-09 12:53 PM
    I was not able to complete this fix but made some progress. Maybe you can suggest some additional steps?

The listed address and length for my Verizon 8330 seems to have worked - it is the same as the one you listed for the Alltel 8330. I needed to change port 5 to port 2 in the Device Manager to initially make progress. It was unclear as to what, if anything I should be doing with/about the network settings - I could not find anything that gave me the exisiting settings in the various uniCDMA or QPST tools.

I saved the memory file - it was 1,664 Kbytes and using the Hew Workshop I was able to find several (three different) six-digit numeric strings.

I ran into trouble on Step 21 with QPST 2.7 build 323. It sees my phone on the active port list with the name "Unknown", a vaild ESN and phone number and the proper port. After I open the Service Programming, select my phone and press OK I get the error "Online connection failure: Unspecified error"

I have tried a variety of port settings but cannot get past this step. Any suggestions?

I should note that this is an Enterprise (company) phone with a security password (which I use to access the BB.) I suspect this might be preventing this kind of access.
    07-20-09 06:54 PM
    Suggest you try the Garmin download solution- you have nothing to lose but 5 minutes. Why would you want to hack your phone before trying something so simple?
    07-20-09 07:12 PM
    Worth the try - but, alas, no luck on Versizon 8330 Curve.

Garmin doesn't list Verizon as a carrier that works with their software.
    07-20-09 09:29 PM
    I was not able to complete this fix but made some progress. Maybe you can suggest some additional steps?

The listed address and length for my Verizon 8330 seems to have worked - it is the same as the one you listed for the Alltel 8330. I needed to change port 5 to port 2 in the Device Manager to initially make progress. It was unclear as to what, if anything I should be doing with/about the network settings - I could not find anything that gave me the exisiting settings in the various uniCDMA or QPST tools.

I saved the memory file - it was 1,664 Kbytes and using the Hew Workshop I was able to find several (three different) six-digit numeric strings.

I ran into trouble on Step 21 with QPST 2.7 build 323. It sees my phone on the active port list with the name "Unknown", a vaild ESN and phone number and the proper port. After I open the Service Programming, select my phone and press OK I get the error "Online connection failure: Unspecified error"

I have tried a variety of port settings but cannot get past this step. Any suggestions?

I should note that this is an Enterprise (company) phone with a security password (which I use to access the BB.) I suspect this might be preventing this kind of access.
    You are aware that this fix on VZW will only speed up the lock and still will not allow anyother GPS apps to work?

First your SPC is 000000 so you can go stright to QPST. QPST 2.7 build 215 and Surf6300-BB as the base model.

Verizon:
    PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
    PDE Port number: 8888
    PDE Transport: IP
    Position Calculation: Mobile
    07-21-09 09:19 AM
    BB 8330 on Telus
    OS - 4.5.0.160

I tried the fix last night but kept getting the blue screen of death after trying to create a .bin file in UniCDMA. I've read the fix is to downgrade OS. I was just wondering if the issue is OS related or OS compatability with Windows Vista related?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 06:30 AM
    BB 8330 on Telus
    OS - 4.5.0.160

I tried the fix last night but kept getting the blue screen of death after trying to create a .bin file in UniCDMA. I've read the fix is to downgrade OS. I was just wondering if the issue is OS related or OS compatability with Windows Vista related?

the Issue is with OS .160 the memeory can not be accessed by uniCDMA. So you just downgrade to .131 get your SPC then upgrade back to .160 (I would keep the .131 version of BB Maps installed just uncheck it during the OS install). Do the QPST Fix and all is good again
    07-22-09 09:15 AM
    Ok, thanks for the helpful info. Gonna give it a try.

07-22-09 09:28 AM
    Just tried that and the BB Tour isn't yet compatible with Garmin...

EDIT:
    I was able to install the version for the Bold on the Tour. Had a lock within seconds in Garmin! Went back to Google Maps and no luck. "GPS not available..."
    Can you post a link for the Bold version? Better yet, a Storm version might be more likely to fix the Tour issue.
    07-23-09 05:40 PM
    I had the same problem as described here - the tech department at BB had me download the trial version of Garmin and once it was installed, everything worked perfectly.

I cannot post links yet... so here is the address - you fill in the "."

h t t p: / /getmobile garmin com / builtforblackberry

You'll get a free 7 day trial - just don't buy it and leave it on your device and "hide" it from the apps list so you don't have to look at it.

Make sure that your BB browser has all the Java features enabled in the browser configuration and general properties (except "terminate slow running scripts" in the browser config) or else you won't be able to access the free trial from the link above.
    07-26-09 06:46 PM
    Sprint
    8330 Curve
    DM 4.5

Appears to be working so far!

Thanks!
    07-26-09 07:25 PM
    So I tried this fix a couple of times and whenever I try to write to phone in QPST it gives me an error, the phone restarts and when i read the phone, all the changes were saved. I tried a battery pull and the firewall is off....Any ideas?

Thanks
    07-26-09 09:44 PM
    WOHOOOOOO....... Ok finally did it, everything seems to work... One thing though... Not sure if it was the Garmin program which didn't wont to work before I tried the hack but also I didn't reboot the phone either after installing the Garmin app well. I guess I will find out when the 7days is up... Either way I will be able to find my way around chi town just fine this weekend while visiting my lil sis.. Now Im updating to 160 again...
    08-07-09 02:12 PM
    So I tried this fix a couple of times and whenever I try to write to phone in QPST it gives me an error, the phone restarts and when i read the phone, all the changes were saved. I tried a battery pull and the firewall is off....Any ideas?

Thanks
    In the QPST program are you uncheck all the checks under gpsONE tab, under allow and put in the correct IP addys and port#s for Verizon to the right of those check boxes? IF you don't know what I'm referring to go to the first post of this thread and look for them. One other thing you have to turn radio back on in order to to anything with the phone.
    08-07-09 02:25 PM
    I have confirmed this fix to work with a US Cellular BB cuve 8330 OS 4.5 using altells settings!
    Thanks for a great fix!!
    luebke5530
    08-09-09 01:48 PM
    I have done this time, and every time it works perfect, until I have to do a battery pull then it stops working this has happened at least 3 times any help with this problem? its just I did my dads curve and it perfectly. Seems to only b mine. Alltel 8330an thanks for any help.

08-10-09 02:39 PM
    What OS are you running?

08-11-09 05:38 PM
    As others have claimed, I am unable to get my SPC using UniCDMA. I have a Sprint 8330m and continue to get an error. (Tried every adress) Is there another way to procure this? Or am I missing something? If I have to call Sprint, what is the best way to get the code?

p.s. I am running .131 already so this is not the issue. I am guessing I will need to contact sprint. Is there a problem that I can "make up" that will assist me in getting the code?
    Last edited by JayINaBox; 08-12-09 at 09:47 AM.
    08-12-09 01:00 AM
    I checked today and it turns out that I am actually running .160. I will downgrade tonight and try again. My question is when I go back to upgrade when I'm done and do another wipe, will this erase the new settings? I know I don't HAVE to do a wipe to upgrade, I prefer to. Any thoughts?

08-12-09 02:23 PM
    Wow! Nevermind. I'm an *****... It's awesome what happens when you think things through!

08-12-09 04:03 PM
    What OS are you running?

Im running .131, it seems to be working now after the last time I tried it. I deleted a lot of apps so maybe there were some conflicting app that made it not work. Im just gonna cross my fingers and hope it contiunes to work. Thanks for the help.
    08-12-09 05:32 PM
    Thanks man! It finally worked, a really needed to get this GPS working.
    08-13-09 04:33 AM
    I had the same problem as described here - the tech department at BB had me download the trial version of Garmin and once it was installed, everything worked perfectly.

I cannot post links yet... so here is the address - you fill in the "."

h t t p: / /getmobile garmin com / builtforblackberry

You'll get a free 7 day trial - just don't buy it and leave it on your device and "hide" it from the apps list so you don't have to look at it.

Make sure that your BB browser has all the Java features enabled in the browser configuration and general properties (except "terminate slow running scripts" in the browser config) or else you won't be able to access the free trial from the link above.
    Wow, Jay.Grimes absolutely rocks! I was about to track down uniCDMA and dive into The Real Fix when I saw his post. As you can guess, this worked for me on my US Cellular Pearl 8130. I am getting an almost instant fix even in GoogleMaps, and I am inside an office building! The Garmin application looks really nice, but I also plan on keeping the trial version hidden away. Whatever it does to the firmware really works and must be similar to what the Real Fix does.
    A million thanks!
    08-13-09 03:37 PM
    Can anyone please advice me that if this fix works on BBTour(9630)? I'm with Bell mobility in canada. Thanks!
    08-13-09 10:56 PM
    I have tried this fix on an Alltell Curve 8330m to no avail. I am however using software version .160. I did use DM 5.0 and QPST build 215 to connect to the phone with no problem. It wrote the data to the phone and I can reconnect to it and 'Read from Phone' in QPST and all that data I entered is still there, even the checked items on the left, so I am curious as to why this still isn't working. Try a downgrade to .131 or lower?
    08-15-09 09:51 AM
646 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD