your fix worked great... everything went as you said

I have an Alltel Curve 8330 running on version 4.5.0.127 . The only change i would sugest is that you need to open the QPST Configuration first and click on add new port to select the port that your phone is on then start the service programing client.

amAze, BB Maps, and Nav4all work great now

thanks again!!!!!
    Last edited by rideforfun; 07-06-09 at 09:41 PM.
    07-06-09 09:37 PM
    I have tried every address and length listed and all I get is the 0kb BIN file. Any suggestions?

US Cellular
    BB 8330 Curve
    v4.5.0.138

Thanks a lot!
    07-07-09 11:09 AM
    dacohen13, it says your provider is verizon but you have a alltel 8330. I have a verizon 8330. I tried the fix that unibomber posted and got qpst got into programing. Filled in where it was blank I got more sats on bb maps but no other 3rd party worked. I have read previous posts I know that there is a block on third party gps apps I just wasnt sure if you guys have figured out how to fix it.
    07-07-09 01:34 PM
    I have tried every address and length listed and all I get is the 0kb BIN file. Any suggestions?

US Cellular
    BB 8330 Curve
    v4.5.0.138

Thanks a lot!
    Yep downgrade to OS .131 get your SPC then upgrade again.
    07-07-09 02:46 PM

US Cellular
    BB 8330 Curve
    v4.5.0.138

Thanks a lot!
    what is your phones esn?
    07-07-09 08:45 PM

US Cellular
    BB 8330 Curve
    v4.5.0.138

Thanks a lot!
    what is your esn?
    07-07-09 08:49 PM
    Worked 100% in all respects, as advertised. Took me about 2 hours.

Thanks!

Telus 8130, 4.5.0.89.
    Used QPST build .125, Hex workshop 6.0.1.4603 and UNICDMA 3.1.4.
    GPS now works 100% with BB Maps, Google Maps and the geotagging function in the camera.
    07-07-09 11:14 PM
    Hey guys,

Alltel 8330m - .127 here.

This has been working great for me the past month or so but I have run into a roadblock. Just this past Thursday (July 2nd) I went on an hour long trip and used my gps with BBmaps. On the way back all of the sudden my phone started acting bonkers and my GPS went out. No Satellites.

I soft reset and still nothing.

Today I finally got around to booting up QPST again and everything checked out fine, settings wise. Wrote to the phone anyway... allowed it to reboot, followed all the steps again and still nothing.

Since that time I have also noticed that my EV will drop out occasionally and when it is searching for GPS my connection will drop from 1XEV to 1XEV. Strange huh?

Anyhow any advice on what I could try to get this back up and running?

Is it possible that Alltel can put the kabosh on this?

I see someone on 07/06 on the same network got it to work so I am thinking it may be on my end. Thinking I may reinstall .127 and try from there.

Thanks.
    07-08-09 10:40 PM
    Will this work on a 8330 with Virgin Mobile in Canada??????
    thanks in advance
    07-09-09 08:23 AM
    Will this work on a 8330 with Virgin Mobile in Canada??????
    thanks in advance
    Yes (if you have a data plan) just use the Bell settings as Virgin is on Bell's network.
    07-09-09 09:16 AM
    Hey guys,

Alltel 8330m - .127 here.

This has been working great for me the past month or so but I have run into a roadblock. Just this past Thursday (July 2nd) I went on an hour long trip and used my gps with BBmaps. On the way back all of the sudden my phone started acting bonkers and my GPS went out. No Satellites.

I soft reset and still nothing.

Today I finally got around to booting up QPST again and everything checked out fine, settings wise. Wrote to the phone anyway... allowed it to reboot, followed all the steps again and still nothing.

Since that time I have also noticed that my EV will drop out occasionally and when it is searching for GPS my connection will drop from 1XEV to 1XEV. Strange huh?

Anyhow any advice on what I could try to get this back up and running?

Is it possible that Alltel can put the kabosh on this?

I see someone on 07/06 on the same network got it to work so I am thinking it may be on my end. Thinking I may reinstall .127 and try from there.

Thanks.
    Not sure what happend to my orginal post... anyways try OS .131
    07-09-09 09:17 AM
    another success story! i've got an 8330 i bought from alltel in january but have since been "converted" to verizon. running v.4.5.0.160. ran the hack a little while ago using the alltel network info. started BBMaps and while it was waiting to get a sat. signal i opened google maps. GM started tracking immediately! switched back to BBMaps and it had a lock!

prior to this i'd been using the Alltel Telenav hack but that stopped working when i updated my phone software from 131 to 160. i'm going to try this on my wife's 8330 (which has never had the telenav hack) to see if it works on her's too. thanks again!
    07-09-09 12:28 PM
    i was able to apply this fix to my curve but am unable to apply it to the pearl flip
    qpst auto detects the flip. i do not get the option to choose a base model..
    if any one knows how to trick qpst into giving me a base model option or how to write a file to upload to the phone please pm me!!!!
    07-10-09 01:36 PM
    Your going to have to try different versions on QPST until you can find something that will let you into the gpsOne tab.
    07-10-09 08:24 PM
    Wow I'm blown away at the results of this. I just got my BB so I had to downgrade OS in order to read the memory with UniCDMA, but there is a great 101 on this site for that as well!

Getting appx 3x as many satellites as before.

Cheers and thank you very much!

PS. Will Telus charge me for using GPS now? lol
    07-14-09 05:40 AM
    I tried the process but when I opened QPST it didn't find the phone. Any thoughts?
    Carrier: Verizon
    Model: BB Curve 8330
    Com's 3 & 4 then 2 & 4
    Desktop: v4.7
    QPST V2.7 Build 215
    07-14-09 09:14 AM
    Did you add the port in QPST? Do you have DM open?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 09:34 AM
    Wow I'm blown away at the results of this. I just got my BB so I had to downgrade OS in order to read the memory with UniCDMA, but there is a great 101 on this site for that as well!

Getting appx 3x as many satellites as before.

Cheers and thank you very much!

PS. Will Telus charge me for using GPS now? lol
    If you have a data plan then no they won't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 09:35 AM
    OK finally I found a QPST but I don't know if I can use the version 28 or should I try to find the older version suggested in the tutorials? If older which one? Are these programs phone specific?

Oh ya I have updated my phone to the 160. Am I needing the older version instead or just the previous BBmaps program? like suggested in the previous page I read?

ok have downloaded QPST build .215 download found on a razor forum will that do? A free hex editor, and the Lates Uni CDMA.

Have 8330 not m version on Alltel service. Really don't want to brick this thing so as much advice as possible would be appreciated.
    Last edited by toastyyosty; 07-14-09 at 10:42 AM. Reason: be more specific
    07-14-09 10:09 AM
    @tponosuk: Make sure you close UniCDMA. I was stuck for a bit till I closed it before trying to open QPST.

@HouseApe: Sweet! Thanks!
    07-14-09 01:03 PM
    got it working on my 8330 curve with us cellular, blackstar and cacheberry and geocache navigator are all working much, much better/ faster now, thanks a ton!
    07-14-09 11:11 PM
    Anybody knows the Address & Length for UniCDMA and a BlackBerry Tour (Telus)? I need to unlock the GPS because it doesn't work with Google Maps...

TIA!
    07-18-09 04:30 PM
    Something that worked great for me, and much simpler- picked this up from another area in the CB forums.

I have a USCC 8330m Curve that NEVER, repeat NEVER was able to find a single sat, even when left for hours. I was about to give up and resign myself to the fact that I just wouldn't have working GPS on my Curve.

Then, I came across a posting that said to simply go the the Garmin website using the browser on your device, and download the 7-day free trial version of their program. I did this, and now my GPS works like a charm. I can lock onto as many as 13 sats, indoors, on a cloudy day, maximum length of time it takes to lock on is 10-15 seconds and sometimes much faster. No hacks, no other programs, just download and install Garmin's trial. Apparently Garmin fills in the missing info during the install process. Some posts have said you can uninstall the Garmin after this, but I have not done that, I think I will just let the trial run out.

My specifics: USCC Curve 8330m, o/s 4.5.0.138 (205), Garmin Mobile trial version 5.0.2. Just do a google search to get to the Garmin site on your BB.

Worked for me!!
    Last edited by jrr2020; 07-18-09 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typos
    07-18-09 04:51 PM
    Something that worked great for me, and much simpler- picked this up from another area in the CB forums.

I have a USCC 8330m Curve that NEVER, repeat NEVER was able to find a single sat, even when left for hours. I was about to give up and resign myself to the fact that I just wouldn't have working GPS on my Curve.

Then, I came across a posting that said to simply go the the Garmin website using the browser on your device, and download the 7-day free trial version of their program. I did this, and now my GPS works like a charm. I can lock onto as many as 13 sats, indoors, on a cloudy day, maximum length of time it takes to lock on is 10-15 seconds and sometimes much faster. No hacks, no other programs, just download and install Garmin's trial. Apparently Garmin fills in the missing info during the install process. Some posts have said you can uninstall the Garmin after this, but I have not done that, I think I will just let the trial run out.

My specifics: USCC Curve 8330m, o/s 4.5.0.138 (205), Garmin Mobile trial version 5.0.2. Just do a google search to get to the Garmin site on your BB.

Worked for me!!
    Just tried that and the BB Tour isn't yet compatible with Garmin...

EDIT:
    I was able to install the version for the Bold on the Tour. Had a lock within seconds in Garmin! Went back to Google Maps and no luck. "GPS not available..."
    Last edited by kraphtdiner; 07-18-09 at 06:31 PM.
    07-18-09 05:30 PM
    I have read on several boards, including Google boards, that Google Maps just won't work with GPS on many existing BB models, so I'd be shocked if it worked on a brand new model like the Tour. My Curve still doesn't work with Google Maps either, it just uses the triangulation feature. This is a known issue for Google. Does your BB Maps work?

My solution was for people who could never get GPS working with any program at all.
    07-18-09 07:04 PM
646 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD