ahh boo urns to that, lol oh well it was worth a shot i suppose, thanks for the help, houseApe
    06-01-09 09:15 AM
    Trying to find a solution to getting the SPC for my 8330m. The lowest OS is 4.5.0.138, so I can't downgrade. ##000000 doesn't work since they had to PRL my phone to get it to see EV-DO.
    06-01-09 12:16 PM
    Ya the .138 will give you memeory errors. Try calling your service provider you might get lucky. Or just wait for a new 8330m OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 01:09 PM
    okay what should I look for on the Event Log? I am using a Verizon Storm on Alltel I have tried the Verizon and Alltel Settings and then unchecked all and rechecked I also tried the PDE and IP selection and so far no joy on the GPS even if I could get BBMaps working I would be happy any suggestions or advice on what to look for for the error under the event log?
    Thanks, Mark
    06-01-09 01:56 PM
    I am trying a few things and I bought my phone second hand is it possible that a IT Policy that is on the phone could be the problem with my GPS?
    06-02-09 04:26 PM
    Upgraded to .160 OS and lost my gps.......
    I guess I'll hook it up and see if the settings changed, it won't lock on any sats just like when I got it, sigh

06-04-09 11:35 AM
    Hey Guys,

Here is what I have...

Curve 8330
    Telus Mobility
    QPST V2.7 Build 215

I know that to get the SPC on the .138 you need to downgrade.
    I wanted to skip this so I called Telus and they provided me with my SPC Number.

I go into QPST, it sees my phone, I select Surf6300-BB and I get into the interface.

I do read from phone, it asks me for my SPC number, I enter it but it then tells me that the number I entered is wrong.

I called Telus again and they confirmed the SPC number to be right.

Any thoughts on why i'm getting this problem?

Thanks!
    06-05-09 12:07 PM
    Just try a battery pull and see if the GPS comes back.

Not sure if I missed something. I did the procedure and it did allow the GPS to access. Bit the next morning when I got up I lost the ability yo find the GPS. I had to boot Telnav and then it worked. I waited another morning and then reprogrammed the phone again. It worked, the lost it over night.

Alltel

All programs are of the versions specified, and some were hard to find, but I did.

Can anyone help me with this? What am I missing? Thanks for the fix by the way.

I have Alltel, 8330m, .138 and have done the same thing followed QPST to a t and I have the same issue it will work for a little while and then go away. I can read my phone and all the settings are still there. I have tried reset, and battery pull but nothing keeps the gps active.
    06-06-09 01:01 PM
    Upgraded to .160 and fighting GPS now as well as goz5000 who is also U.S. Cellular.

I keep going over everything because, when I was .138 after this GPS fix I would get a GPS lock instantly and had no problems. I upgraded for the reported better performance and to get rid of my track ball lag.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to wipe and reinstall .160 to see if that helps .160 is faster however, cant live without my GPS I run with ALLSport all the time!

If this doesn't work and no one else has any suggestions I'm going back to .138 and I'll deal with the track ball lag. (Yes, I tried a hundred and fifty battery pulls!)

Regards,
    Chris
    06-08-09 01:34 PM
    In the words of Chris Farley: OH MY FREAKIN GORD!"

I'm so stoked. Love that feeling that I just stuck it to the man simply by following some instructions online. Take that Telenav

GPS stopped working when updating from 4.3 to 4.5 with my Alltel Pearl 8130.
    FIXED!
    You can add my name to the above list of people with success.

When my Pearl 8130 had 4.3 (what it came with), I could get GPS with no 3rd party programs. However, the most frustrating thing was that if I wanted to use it for a drive, I had to initiate the GPS Navigation in BB Maps before I left my home area, otherwise it never worked. (hopefully that will be fixed now). Upgrading to 4.5 locked the GPS (as told by an Alltel tech - he said "it was something Blackberry did, not Alltel")

Thank you TheHeartlessHero and HouseApe for all your work and input.

The settings I used were:
    Alltel
    PDE IP Address = 205.142.19.100
    PDE Port Number = 8888
    PDE Transport = IP
    Position Calculation = Mobile

Blackberry 8130
    -Address=0x10129990
    -Length=25000

QPST Base Model: SURF6100-ZRF6155 (but I think Pearls are supposed to use SURF6300-BB, but it worked for me anyway)

When, I was finished with the process, I was first disconcerted that it wasn't working as soon as I opened BB maps. (Maybe it needed more time), but upon opening Google maps, it worked in less than 15 seconds.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Heartless, I think you could add an important point about QPST and the phone connection:

1) Blackberry Desktop Manager does not have to be running as long as BB Device Manager is up (in my case)
    2) In Part III B #19 I recommend opening "QPST configuration" FIRST before "Service Programming", choose your phone, click the Port tab to confirm it's working (you should see at least 2 ports) then in the menu bar of QPST Config, Select "Start Clients" and directly open Service Programming from there. It should more readily locate the phone, clearing any confusion that the COM port is wrong or something. (this is how I learned to do it with my now ancient LG VX7000 flip phone...may it rest in peace.)

Thanks again, everything is working splendidly.

>>>PS how is it some of you are seeing how many Satellites are available and what not? It sounds like you've got a few different GPS related programs. Can someone please inform me of the free ones? Thanks.
    06-08-09 10:56 PM
    >>>PS how is it some of you are seeing how many Satellites are available and what not? It sounds like you've got a few different GPS related programs. Can someone please inform me of the free ones? Thanks.

"Start GPS Nav" and then press menu and "unhide dashboard" the # of Sat's in in the bottom Dashboard bar right in the middle.
    06-09-09 09:17 AM
    I have tried everything and can't get it to recognize an active phone. Does anyone have any ideas I could try? I have the BB Curve 8330 with Alltel. Thanks!
    06-09-09 07:08 PM
    Upgraded to .160 and fighting GPS now as well as goz5000 who is also U.S. Cellular.

I keep going over everything because, when I was .138 after this GPS fix I would get a GPS lock instantly and had no problems. I upgraded for the reported better performance and to get rid of my track ball lag.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to wipe and reinstall .160 to see if that helps .160 is faster however, cant live without my GPS I run with ALLSport all the time!

If this doesn't work and no one else has any suggestions I'm going back to .138 and I'll deal with the track ball lag. (Yes, I tried a hundred and fifty battery pulls!)

Regards,
    Chris

Here is what I've come up with...after the upgrade to .160 from .138.

I have to start GPSed first in GPSed I have GPS filtering disabled to keep my GPS chip hot. I can get a GPS fix fast and keep it using and leaving GPSed running. I then start up AllSport and can run for hours with out losing GPS as long as GPSed is also running!

Now with .160 BlackBerry Maps can't even get a GPS fix with out running GPSed at the same time. With .138 BlackBerry Maps got a fix in seconds just like GPSed does.

MoosTrax works fine with .160 and .138 SuperPages also gets a GPS fix on it's own for me running .160 and .138 just a bit slower now.

I have obviously done this Fix for Broken GPS.

I hope this helps someone; I hope someone can tell me why I have to run GPSed like this?

Thanks,
    Chris
    06-09-09 10:10 PM
    I searched the thread and cannot find any settings for TMO? Sorry if I missed them but I am trying to get GPS up and running on an unlocked Vodaphone 9500 on TMO.
    06-12-09 11:14 AM
    This is only for CDMA BlackBerrys

06-12-09 02:32 PM
    Thanks, unfortunately that's what I expected to hear...
    06-12-09 03:07 PM
    Sticky sticky sticky!

06-12-09 06:59 PM
    i cant get anything to use gps that didnnt before didnt do anything to my phone google maps still does the 3800 meter thing. i followed everything step by step
    06-12-09 08:43 PM
    i cant get anything to use gps that didnnt before didnt do anything to my phone google maps still does the 3800 meter thing. i followed everything step by step
    Does BB maps work? Your on VZW nothing other than BB Map or VZNav will work no matter what you do (unless you get a BT GPS puck). As VZW "locked out" all the other aGPS apps by not letting them access the location server.
    06-13-09 10:02 AM
    Help...

Don't know how to use a Torrent and cant find qpst anywhere!

I think I can get into my phone by doing a ##123456. Not sure if this is a programming screen but it did not give me an 'invalid password' error message.

I'm assuminmg based off what I'm reading that I just need to qpst this phone and I'[m good to go with my GPS, but need a link to a good version of qpst.

Any help, or the link would be great
    06-13-09 08:48 PM
    Getting stuck in unicdma. I keep getting an error when read/save the memory for 8330.

Could it be that I'm 8330m? I've tried the alternative addresses as well, no luck.
    06-14-09 12:09 AM
    I got the spc code, so by passed the unicdma part.

Started in qpst and entered all the info, write to phone, phone rebooted, went outside - NO GPS still???

any ideas?

Update: I've done this 4x no difference. I've used different base models, and waited for the phone to completly reboot before removing from the cord. Everything is still the same, can't interact w/GPS.

I'm on USC so used this setting
    Last edited by roadwarrior69; 06-14-09 at 10:22 AM. Reason: status on whats happening
    06-14-09 09:45 AM
    I got the spc code, so by passed the unicdma part.

Started in qpst and entered all the info, write to phone, phone rebooted, went outside - NO GPS still???

any ideas?
    Read from phone again and make sure all the boxes on the left checked ? and did you use these settings?

Alltel: (use this for USCC)
    PDE Port Number = 8888
    PDE Transport = IP
    06-14-09 10:22 AM
    Read from phone again and make sure all the boxes on the left checked ? and did you use these settings?

Alltel: (use this for USCC)
    PDE Port Number = 8888
    PDE Transport = IP
    No, it's not working for me (tried again).

I'm trying to figure out what I'm not doing right. If I can read the phone, and the spc is right, and it seems like it's writing back, although the power bar never reaches 100% b/c the error messages pop up.
    06-14-09 10:44 AM
    No, it's not working for me (tried again).

I'm trying to figure out what I'm not doing right. If I can read the phone, and the spc is right, and it seems like it's writing back, although the power bar never reaches 100% b/c the error messages pop up.
    So when you "read" from phone is the setting still blank?
    06-14-09 11:03 AM
646 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD