ok everything is going perfect up until PartIII A "15. Open Hex Workshop and load the BIN file." is Hex Workshop a program?
    05-17-09 04:28 PM
    Everything is going ok up until part3a #15 What the heck is Hex Workshop? is it a program?
    05-17-09 04:29 PM
    towards the end of the "write to phone" process it always gives me the same error "Serious error write aborted".

WTF is this?
    05-17-09 05:59 PM
    Everything is going ok up until part3a #15 What the heck is Hex Workshop? is it a program?
    Hex Workshop
    05-17-09 08:33 PM
    I tried it 5 times with same results and went outside on a clear day and tried to access my gps on google maps and on Beyond 411. No luck on either.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?
    05-17-09 08:58 PM
    alright, well after reading throuout the thread, it looks like I need to update my software ver.
    05-17-09 09:09 PM
    alright, well after reading throuout the thread, it looks like I need to update my software ver.
    No, if you're using an 8330 Curve on Verizon, you need to give up.
    05-18-09 06:18 AM
    Hey;

Thanks for the info. I couldn't get mine to work and even with this i couldn't get the spc#. Wouldn't save the bin file. i noticed others had the same problem so I did the call to telus and they gave me the # (with the warning if I messed up things it would void warranty).

I used the SPC# they gave me and followed the rest of your guide. All went in good from there and I tried it on my balcony. Got 9 sats in about 5-8 secs. It's great.

Thanks again.

BTW....I'm running

Telus
    Curve (red) 8330
    v4.5.0.138
    Theme: MyjavelinAlpha
    BBMaps
    BBApp World
    poynt (great now with gps working)
    Flycast
    and More
    05-18-09 02:11 PM
    Hello Heartless Hero, please help me to understand what is wrong. I have read and re-read your instructions to get my GPS working on my new Curve 8330. I have the Navigation service on my phone so it is probably locked to the GPSLogger program. I installed the software and when I try to access I get the message that GPS not supported. So I tried to set up your program to fix my GPS but I guess I just don't know enough to get it all working. My carrier is Verizon and I don't know if I am supposed to run all the stuff that is referred to in the instructions. I downloaded the UniCdma and it works ok. I did the port changing and that worked ok. But when I tried to figure out the QPST 2.7 I downloaded it but it wouldn't run by double clicking on it. What exactly am I supposed to do with it? I know all you people are much more techie than me but I really want to learn how to do this stuff. The warning that came with the QPST really scared me. It said that I would end up screwing up my phone. Don't want to do that. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks,
    Ray
    05-18-09 08:31 PM
    I have tried and tried to get my SPL with unicdma with no luck, it will not read the address that's imputed I've tried several addresses but no luck. I'm on uscc with an 8330 running 4.5.138. All I get is a 0k output file. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 09:36 AM
    I have tried and tried to get my SPL with unicdma with no luck, it will not read the address that's imputed I've tried several addresses but no luck. I'm on uscc with an 8330 running 4.5.138. All I get is a 0k output file. Anyone have any ideas?

.138 will give you an error. You need to down grade to .131 or lower get your spc and then upgrade. Did you try ##000000 first?
    05-19-09 10:14 AM
    Ok so I have a pearl 8130 on verizon and I did this fix and blackberry maps works, however gpsed nor Google maps will work. I had to upgrade my os to .138 to get it to work. Does anyone know why blackberry maps would be working, but the other two not?
    05-19-09 07:27 PM
    .138 will give you an error. You need to down grade to .131 or lower get your spc and then upgrade. Did you try ##000000 first?

Props to HouseApe,

I downgraded .138 and I was able to get my spc, however I'm on USCC, and the guide doesn't have any "settings" for USCC. Anyone out there on USCC, done the guide, if so, with what settings (ALLTEL, Sprint) I tried it with the spring settings and no change. I used the Sprint settings, considering, the .131 OS is a sprint OS.
    05-19-09 07:41 PM
    This worked GREAT for my USCC 8330!

I can now actually use GPS enabled programs with the GPS features without having to wait for a lock.

Thanks!

What settings did you use?????
    05-19-09 10:38 PM
    I can't even get the ports to come up in device manager. All I show is:
    Bluetooth Communications Port (COM11)
    Bluetooth Communications Port (COM5)
    ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
    05-19-09 11:38 PM
    What settings did you use?????
    Alltel: (use this for USCC)
    PDE IP Address = 205.142.19.100
    PDE Port Number = 8888
    PDE Transport = IP
    Position Calculation = Mobile
    05-19-09 11:38 PM
    Ok so I have a pearl 8130 on verizon and I did this fix and blackberry maps works, however gpsed nor Google maps will work. I had to upgrade my os to .138 to get it to work. Does anyone know why blackberry maps would be working, but the other two not?
    The only free app that will work on VZW BB Maps and thats it (unless you have the storm then Google maps too)
    05-19-09 11:41 PM
    towards the end of the "write to phone" process it always gives me the same error "Serious error write aborted".

WTF is this?
    That is normal
    05-19-09 11:42 PM
    I can't even get the ports to come up in device manager. All I show is:
    Bluetooth Communications Port (COM11)
    Bluetooth Communications Port (COM5)
    ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
    Your Pin shows in BlackBerry Desktop manager ?

Reboot PC try again
    05-19-09 11:45 PM
    I am using:
    Curve 8330 from Alltel
    Desktop Manager ver. 4.7
    Handheld Software ver. 4.5.0.138
    QPST 2.7 Build 215

I have read the entire thread and tried the directions over and over an over... I have changed COM ports all over the place... rebooted computer... pulled battery on phone... no luck. QPST Configuration will see the 2 ports when I click on "Add New Port" but it will not let me add them. I get an "Error Enabling Port - There was an error enabling COM(insert number of com port) The port may not be working properly or may be busy." When I look at my ports in Device Manager, all I see is LPT1 and the 2 virtual COM ports for my phone.

I cannot get UniCDMA or BitPim to see my phone either. Desktop manager connects to my phone and I can access my phone's memory card in Mass Storage mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    05-20-09 02:25 AM
    any idea the trick on metroPCS without bis / bes using on wap to access internet and mms, etc, without service books for maps?
    05-20-09 08:24 AM
    I am using:
    Curve 8330 from Alltel
    Desktop Manager ver. 4.7
    Handheld Software ver. 4.5.0.138
    QPST 2.7 Build 215

I have read the entire thread and tried the directions over and over an over... I have changed COM ports all over the place... rebooted computer... pulled battery on phone... no luck. QPST Configuration will see the 2 ports when I click on "Add New Port" but it will not let me add them. I get an "Error Enabling Port - There was an error enabling COM(insert number of com port) The port may not be working properly or may be busy." When I look at my ports in Device Manager, all I see is LPT1 and the 2 virtual COM ports for my phone.

I cannot get UniCDMA or BitPim to see my phone either. Desktop manager connects to my phone and I can access my phone's memory card in Mass Storage mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    To get your SPC you will need to downgrage from OS .138 to .131 or lower. But try ##000000 send first.(you can then upgrade back to .138) If you get an error on you BlackBerry then you need to get your SPC. Next with uniCDMA closed fire up desktop manager and then QPST. If your still getting port errors try rebooting PC. Then try uninstall / reinstall the BlackBerry connection manager and BlackBerry desktop manager.

05-20-09 09:42 AM
    any idea the trick on metroPCS without bis / bes using on wap to access internet and mms, etc, without service books for maps?
    If all you have is regular wap data then no.

05-20-09 09:45 AM
    Alltel: (use this for USCC)
    PDE IP Address = 205.142.19.100
    PDE Port Number = 8888
    PDE Transport = IP
    Position Calculation = Mobile

Once again props to HouseApe!

I was able to find 9 sats with BBmaps. Google maps is still hit and miss which sucks, I haven't upgraded back to .138 yet (would that make a difference with Googlemaps??) I have seen on a couple of threads on a couple of boards that Gmaps just doesnt like to work with the internal GPS on the curve. 1)Is that just the way the build of Gmaps is. 2) Have the people that have complained on the other boards not done the 'GPS fix'. 3) Is there something I did wrong?
    05-20-09 12:18 PM
    Google maps jumps around for me too and I'm on .138 So I rarely use it now.
    05-20-09 12:28 PM
646 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD