anyone has info on this fix for gsm carriers?

thx
    At this point no. And I think only the 8310 has GPS.
    04-13-09 11:20 AM
    This is Version 3 of my guide.
    Attachment 21266
    04-13-09 01:25 PM
    Thanks HouseApe. Just printed out your 3rd gen guide and will try again tonight or tomorrow. I'm running Windows 7 Beta on this laptop and will let you know if all works well on that too.
    04-13-09 03:28 PM
    Hot D@m! She works.
    Thanks guys for all the help.

SUCCESS WITH VERIZON 9530 STORM!
    04-13-09 07:17 PM
    Hot D@m! She works.
    Thanks guys for all the help.

SUCCESS WITH VERIZON 9530 STORM!
    Okay, color me confused or, in a gps thread, lost but doesn't the STORM already work? I thought its gps was available and not blocked by Verizon.
    04-13-09 09:14 PM
    This is Version 3 of my guide.
    Attachment 21266
    Any ideas why I have FOUR virtual ports? They are ALL Rim Virtual ports, com3, 4, 5 and 6.
    04-13-09 09:17 PM
    Especially to HouseApe and TheHeartlessHero, I have spent hours combing the forums to get my GPS to work. I finally got it, although, I had to call Telus to get my MSL. I expected a fight to get it out of them, but they pretty much just gave it to me. I do find that GPSed is kind of flaky, but I live in a sketchy service spot. Google maps seems to be fairly quick. Your guys rock!
    04-13-09 11:01 PM
    Blackberry 8330 Curve
    Network: Verizon
    Firmware: 4.5.0.77
    qpst: .215

i tried the fix,but don't work.

use the vzw,require call *666;use the blackberry mpa,display "unable to acquire gps lock".

how to do ?
    04-13-09 11:27 PM
    Hello all, I'm trying to get this to work on my storm but I keep getting the following error:

Read error at address 0x17C455BE

These are thesettings I'm using:

Address=0x17c455be
    Length=524288

Anyone that has got this to work with the storm (9530) help me out as to what I might be doing wrong?

UniCDMA is reading correctly from virtual com 4, i can see my phone information on the left hand side. I'll take any suggestions thanks!
    04-13-09 11:43 PM
    Hello all, I'm trying to get this to work on my storm but I keep getting the following error:

Read error at address 0x17C455BE

These are thesettings I'm using:

Address=0x17c455be
    Length=524288

Anyone that has got this to work with the storm (9530) help me out as to what I might be doing wrong?

UniCDMA is reading correctly from virtual com 4, i can see my phone information on the left hand side. I'll take any suggestions thanks!
    If your phone came from VZW then the SPC is 000000 no need to try and read it. Just go to QPST
    04-14-09 09:25 AM
    Okay, color me confused or, in a gps thread, lost but doesn't the STORM already work? I thought its gps was available and not blocked by Verizon.
    Yes in GPS only mode. aGPS will make it much faster.

Any ideas why I have FOUR virtual ports? They are ALL Rim Virtual ports, com3, 4, 5 and 6.
    No usually only two. Does QPST see your phone on one of the ports?
    04-14-09 09:29 AM
    Prior to this fix when using my storm with verizon, only BB maps and vznav worked. Was tired of paying for the latter. Google maps kinda worked but only located me in a general area. The gps didn't work and I assumed it triangulated with towers, that's just my guess so no flaming!

Now after fix google puts me right on the dime.
    Still tweaking to get locateA working next!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 09:51 AM
    thanks for the quick reply houseape! really appreciate it.

I have another question. When I launch QPST I dont get a pop window to choose the base model as 7500A for my storm it automatically chooses SURF7600-7600 and I can't figure out how to change it... please help.
    04-14-09 10:56 AM
    thanks for the quick reply houseape! really appreciate it.

I have another question. When I launch QPST I dont get a pop window to choose the base model as 7500A for my storm it automatically chooses SURF7600-7600 and I can't figure out how to change it... please help.
    Roll with that. Same thing happened with my storm and it worked fine for me!

04-14-09 11:18 AM
    Prior to this fix when using my storm with verizon, only BB maps and vznav worked. Was tired of paying for the latter. Google maps kinda worked but only located me in a general area. The gps didn't work and I assumed it triangulated with towers, that's just my guess so no flaming!

Now after fix google puts me right on the dime.
    Still tweaking to get locateA working next!

What version of Google Maps are you running?
    04-14-09 11:36 AM
    V3.0.2. I upgraded to this ver before the gps fix. So not positive if necessary. But I can say it works with new ver, so why not upgrade.

04-14-09 11:44 AM
    Roll with that. Same thing happened with my storm and it worked fine for me!

I did try it with that and now GPS is not working at all with google maps (3.0.2) or poynt... not that it was really working before as it would take 10-15 minutes to locate but now I get nothing at all. any thoughts?
    04-14-09 11:44 AM
    What finally worked for me was printing out houseape`s 3rd ver of the pdf guide and slowly going through each step.

I did not need to use the unicmda as I passed the ##000000 test at very beginning. However I did reassign both my rim ports, even though one was at 4 already. Don't have the guide infront of me, but I also did the qpst configure step as well.

Hope this helps. I can relive my steps better when I get home in front of my laptop if you still need help. Might even do wife's storm too and can IM steps with you.

I just know how frustrated I was not being able to get it at first.

Last edited by harvesthunt; 04-14-09 at 12:19 PM.
    04-14-09 12:14 PM
    I did try it with that and now GPS is not working at all with google maps (3.0.2) or poynt... not that it was really working before as it would take 10-15 minutes to locate but now I get nothing at all. any thoughts?
    In QPST read your phone an then check the settings in the gpsOne tab.
    Is everything on the left checked off and is the PDE Ip and port all correct ?
    04-14-09 12:58 PM
    In QPST read your phone an then check the settings in the gpsOne tab.
    Is everything on the left checked off and is the PDE Ip and port all correct ?
    What do you mean with checked off? as in the boxes are check or not?

When I read from my phone in the gpsOne tab on the right side I have the following:

PDE IPAddress: 68.174.95.132
    PDE Port # : 8888
    PDE Transport: IP
    Position Calculation: Mobile

I seem to get a lock on gps but it looses it after a couple of minutes. Poynt, trapster, google maps, seem work great while i have a gps lock but they obviously stop working when I loose the gps signal.
    04-14-09 01:38 PM
    They should all be checked.

Clear all the checks starting from "Allowed" (even if they are grayed out) then Click on them again to put the check back so they are active. They should all be now checked and not grayed out. Now write to phone and see if that works better for you.
    Last edited by HouseApe; 04-14-09 at 01:54 PM.
    04-14-09 01:47 PM
    didn't work on the sprint 8330m running 4.5.0.138

i set it to ...

Sprint:
    PDE IP Address = 68.28.31.49
    PDE Port Number = 5017
    PDE Transport = IP
    Position Calculation = Mobile

and google maps still sucks. any other setting for gpsone and sprint i could try?
    Last edited by CodyBB; 04-14-09 at 02:05 PM.
    04-14-09 01:51 PM
    Does BlackBerry maps work (you get a lock) ?

04-14-09 01:58 PM
    Does BlackBerry maps work (you get a lock) ?

yes, bb maps is ok. bb maps worked before the change though. this attempt is to get google maps working.

on the older 8330 curves gps was fine. on the newer 8330m versions, it seems to be locked to were only bb maps and sprint navigation (telenav) works. many google map people are going to be pissed when they find there new 8330m's dont work like there old 8330's did.

thanks for any and all your help.

cody
    04-14-09 02:08 PM
    Try starting BlackBerry map navigation wait for a lock then without closing it go to google maps and see if it works.

04-14-09 02:12 PM
646 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD