I received this message from one of my BBM contacts and would like to know if this is for real??
    I think it is not?? any help???

This is the real broadcast from Blackberry All rights reserved.
    Broadcast this message to every single contact on your BBM to reset your display picture, sorry for any inconvenience.
    ‎ This message is to inform all of our users, that our servers have recently been really full, so we are asking for your help to fix this problem. We need our active users to re-send this message to everyone on your contact list in order to confirm our active users that use BlackBerry Messenger, if you do not send this message to all your BlackBerry Messenger contacts then your account will remain inactive with the consequence of losing all your contacts Symbol will automatic update in your  ,when you broadcast this message. Your blackberry will be updated within 24 hours it will have a new lay out and a new color for chat.
    ‎ Dear Blackberry users, We are going to do a update for bbm from 11pm till 5am this to day. You if you dont send this to all your contacts your update will be cancelled and you would not be alowed to chat with your contacts as you have the old version!
    Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device
    10-11-11 06:26 AM
    utter bullsh*t and I can't believe people still believe this garbage. common sense people
    10-11-11 06:28 AM
    RIM wants more User not less ! and they will do anything for that .. -.-"
    Newby Binx likes this.
    10-11-11 06:34 AM
    No, just saw a tweet on @Uk_blackberry saying there is a fake email circulating. http://twitter.com/#!/uk_blackberry

Hope this helps
    Newby Binx likes this.
    10-11-11 06:39 AM
    I received something similar from my cousin in Nigeria the other day...

(I find it hard to believe that a: people have to ask whether this sort of thing is genuine, but also that b: people are still starting this sort of rubbish [not you, OP, I mean wherever this came from...])
    Newby Binx likes this.
    10-11-11 07:36 AM
    Lol these messages are still going around?
    Newby Binx likes this.
    10-11-11 07:50 AM
    Haha got 10 of them. Ignore them they are a bunch of crap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Newby Binx likes this.
    10-11-11 10:11 AM
    absolute bull**** that needs to see the creator's destroyed. Ignore it, I promise you nothing will happen. In my year and a half with BB I ignored about 1'000'000 of them (no freaking joke...) and nothing ever happened.
    Newby Binx likes this.
    10-11-11 12:12 PM
    Thought it was crap!! - but with RIM bombing again?? one starts to question these things!!

10-11-11 01:28 PM
    I don't know, man, some of the technical references in there sound pretty convincing. I mean, 'our servers recently have been really full' looks authentic to me.

I'd better get this out to all two of my BBM contacts right away!

10-11-11 01:43 PM
    I don't know, man, some of the technical references in there sound pretty convincing. I mean, 'our servers recently have been really full' looks authentic to me.

I'd better get this out to all two of my BBM contacts right away!

Wow, you have one more contact than me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-11-11 01:55 PM
    Well, what do you know... Apparently there still IS a market out there for Nigerian scam emails...
    10-11-11 02:03 PM
    Sure it's crap... and this is what makes the outage even worst.
    10-11-11 02:06 PM
    Yes its real and if you don't forward it to 10 other people one of your body parts will fall off.

Newby Binx likes this.
    10-11-11 02:14 PM
    OP! Yes its real, but who cares? Would YOU like to make 3.000.000 USD (THREE MILLION US dollars) in an easy and LEGAL way?

PM me as soon as possible for an opportunity of MUTUAL benefit!!!

HRH. Crownprince Mukamba
    NoArmsJames likes this.
    10-11-11 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD