hey crackberry !!
    since 2007 i've wanted an iPhone...but when i went to get my iPhone in 2007, my parents didn't let me get one. since then, i've had 3 blackberry curve 8310's and 2 8900's. i finally got the data plan on my phone a few months ago and i'm loving email bbm facebook twitter and GPS. but i hate the browser and i hate the music player. i have an iPod touch but i dont like to carry two things around with me so i usually use my blackberry for my music. but my upgrades in october, and well, i still have feelings for the iPhone, especially the new iPhone 4

but i see that the blackberry slider 9800 is also going to be announced [probably] on august 3rd right here in new york....its quite nice but i'm still not sure which one i'd choose. i've been having alot of problems with my phone for the past 4 or so months and i'm really considering a switch to the other fruit...

what do you guys think?

~nick
    07-28-10 12:42 PM
    Well sometimes it takes change to see rather or not it was a good decision or a bad decision...I.have never wanted an iPhone due to Steve Jobs playing jesus and his huge "cult" like following....I did however try Andriod for a month and quickly came back to Berryland and the 9700 and couldn't be happier.

So try it is all I can say....maybe test drive an iPhone 4 at the store for awhile. Also remember the iPhone has its faults as well. They are widely known.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 02:59 PM
    Well sometimes it takes change to see rather or not it was a good decision or a bad decision...I.have never wanted an iPhone due to Steve Jobs playing jesus and his huge "cult" like following....I did however try Andriod for a month and quickly came back to Berryland and the 9700 and couldn't be happier.

So try it is all I can say....maybe test drive an iPhone 4 at the store for awhile. Also remember the iPhone has its faults as well. They are widely known.

Good luck!

well said, and i could agree more, Opinions are based off of two things, you have to compare them...

Go get an Apple, see how you like it, they are nice phones.

I did switched platforms and i think i'm home now.

07-28-10 03:11 PM
    i've already decide to leave for an iphone 4 just waiting on the updated ultrasnow so i can unlock it for tmobile. i have respect for everyone that stays and loves BB. For me I just need a change
    07-28-10 03:12 PM
    This is a decision that you have to make. You be the judge and get what works for you. There's a variety of platforms currently available for a reason, people are different and have different needs and wants.

There is one thing that comes to my mind though. How can someone buy the iPhone 4 knowing that it was a documented reception issue and Apple's fix is a case for the phone. Personally, that is unacceptable.
    07-28-10 03:47 PM
    I carry both an iPhone 4 (no reception issues) and a Bold 9650 and there are things I appreciate about both devices. With that being said, I would rather carry the iPhone 4 full time than carry both devices. My reason? Apps.

This is a decision you need to make, don't take my word or anyone else to make it
    07-28-10 04:31 PM
    Man these threads are starting to pop up all over the place, and the funny part is, its everyone going to one with the catastrophic atenna problem according to the Tech press. But really on another happier not you will love the iPhone its a great device.
    07-28-10 04:35 PM
    thanks for the replies. i'm 17 years old going into my senior year of high school. i mean push email is great for my college emails and stuff but i'm getting tired of my crappy trackball and the stupid thing lagging up on me. i love blackberry but mine is just so old and worn out that i cant bear to use it anymore. and theres really not enough apps for the blackberry.... i feel like i'm complaining too much lol.

i honestly think i might switch to the iPhone because of 2 things: the app store, and the UI. i like the UI of the iPhone more than the blackberry.
    07-28-10 04:39 PM
    Man these threads are starting to pop up all over the place, and the funny part is, its everyone going to one with the catastrophic atenna problem according to the Tech press. But really on another happier not you will love the iPhone its a great device.
    i know i think its kind of funny too but not for nothing but i always have a case on my phone so it doesnt matter. i see you carry an iPhone, did you ever have a blackberry?
    07-28-10 04:40 PM
    i know i think its kind of funny too but not for nothing but i always have a case on my phone so it doesnt matter. i see you carry an iPhone, did you ever have a blackberry?
    Yea I was a huge Blackberry supporter for a while and user. I've had every Blackberry from the 8900 until the 9700, but have now changed to the iPhone. You'll love this device its fun very good for school which i see your in. I have also had every iPhone since the 2G but have recently made it my main and only driver. Like you have noticed the UI is more visually appealing. the App store is amazing there is an app for just about everything. And again your in school so this will be great for studying and things of that nature. I would say make the switch personally. My brother is a freshman at UNC and he uses his iPhone for personal school and social networking.
    07-28-10 04:46 PM
    I have been using BlackBerry since the 7290 and I definitely feel that RIM needs to focus more on the UI and the apps side of things as they make the push into the consumer market, otherwise there will be more situations like
    lastxxfarewell's Hopefully their new os and future devices resolve this problem. I personally like the Iphone, but the security of the device just makes it pointless to use as a business phone right now.
    07-28-10 05:38 PM
    To each his own...only you can make your decision for you. Try both and see, I tried a 3Gs, and I"m back to my Bold 9000. Use whatever works best for you, not whatever some celebrity is using.
    07-29-10 07:29 AM
    I used to think "I can't wait for Verizon to get the iPhone." Then I tried typing on one. Just didn't work for me. But to each his or her own.
    07-29-10 08:15 AM
    Lol well thanks for the input guys. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna switch over to the iPhone in October because I want to try something new. And hey, if I don't like it, I have 30 days to bring it back right? Thanks for alll yoUr input

-nick

07-29-10 08:37 AM
    thanks for the replies. i'm 17 years old going into my senior year of high school. i mean push email is great for my college emails and stuff but i'm getting tired of my crappy trackball and the stupid thing lagging up on me. i love blackberry but mine is just so old and worn out that i cant bear to use it anymore. and theres really not enough apps for the blackberry.... i feel like i'm complaining too much lol.

i honestly think i might switch to the iPhone because of 2 things: the app store, and the UI. i like the UI of the iPhone more than the blackberry.
    Apple has push email .... just saying
    07-29-10 08:58 AM
    You can't go wrong woth eathor but Its allways nice to try some thing new some times the I phone is probley as good as the htc evo an samsung galaxy

07-29-10 09:05 AM
    For all you Apple / Android app lovers... An interesting read:

CBC News - Technology & Science - Smartphone apps send users' sensitive data

07-29-10 09:18 AM
    Apple has push email .... just saying
    Nope, not yet. It has to scan every so often... or you have to manually scan for email. (YN).
    07-29-10 09:40 AM
    Nope, not yet. It has to scan every so often... or you have to manually scan for email. (YN).
    Actually if you have an email that supports exchange (such as gmail) you can set push email up in the exchange settings (as well as contacts and calendar). Also the new OS supports multiple exchange accounts.

07-29-10 09:43 AM
    Still more interesting reading re:IPhone (from Gizmodo)

What Is Apple Secretly Downloading From Your iPhone at Night?

Not an iPhone hater, but it does give one pause....

07-29-10 10:54 AM
    Lol well thanks for the input guys. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna switch over to the iPhone in October because I want to try something new. And hey, if I don't like it, I have 30 days to bring it back right? Thanks for alll yoUr input

-nick

That actually isn't a bad plan...it gives you time to see how the new BB's are before settling. That 30 day window will be a good time for you.

07-29-10 11:03 AM
    Buy my iPhone 4... I hate it.
    07-29-10 11:09 AM
    Actually if you have an email that supports exchange (such as gmail) you can set push email up in the exchange settings (as well as contacts and calendar). Also the new OS supports multiple exchange accounts.

Ohhhh cooool! Didn't know that, is it new to iOS4? And does it support yahoo mail?

Last edited by Brendan_ss; 07-30-10 at 08:47 PM.
    07-29-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD