LTE is beast mode.

Click to view quoted image
    Yikes...Can't wait to purchase a 4G device.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-13-12 09:33 PM
    OMG! no wonder blackberry is lost in time. You should give up. Can you say 4G kicks 3G. Try to focus on the whole paragraph instead of the sentence that has ram in it.
    Your opinion is why Rim is faltering.
    My daddy can kick your daddys but.
    I had your opinion once until I tried the dark side and realized in many ways it was better.
    Yeah, and what will you do once it has 4G? Move to the train station where the only 4G towers are. Oh it has 4G but I want 5G now. "Better" is in the eye of the beholder. I'm glad your happy with your device. It has to do with what "you" are capable of doing with it. Buying the fastest car does not mean you know how to drive! Haha!
    04-13-12 09:45 PM
    Yeah, and what will you do once it has 4G? Move to the train station where the only 4G towers are. Oh it has 4G but I want 5G now. "Better" is in the eye of the beholder. I'm glad your happy with your device. It has to do with what "you" are capable of doing with it. Buying the fastest car does not mean you know how to drive! Haha!
    By the time BB10 is released 4G will be much more widespread, especially on VZW which has a big lead ahead over AT&T and Sprint. 5G is not expected to be out for a while, since theoretically what we have no really isn't full blown 4G.

However, when I am in 4G coverage, it is excellent. It is nice to have the option, even if you aren't covered by it 100% of the time.

Also, I would hope someone knows how to drive if they are buying a car.
    04-13-12 09:53 PM
    Yikes...Can't wait to purchase a 4G device.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Yea, it really does make a huge difference. 3G is garbage compared to speeds like that.
    04-13-12 09:54 PM
    Hey avt, I'm not downplaying 4G whatsoever. I would be more than happy if I could have it also, but it really doesn't make or break my choice to use a BB. I get weary of people complaining about BB not having this or that, when I know for a fact a large pecentage of them cannot master what they are using now. My 9930 rocks on wifi, my car will do 175 mph and I have gone 160 in it across the Idaho/Utah border.

My business associates wife owns a 4s. She doesn't use it for anything but phone calls and she is completely technically illiterate. The only reason she bought it was simply because she could and it was something her peers would be envious of. There is a huge difference from wanting to use something that works best for you and using something that others claim is the best. Shoot me if I ever wake up in a world where strangers opinions define the way I live
    04-13-12 10:24 PM
    Hey avt, I'm not downplaying 4G whatsoever. I would be more than happy if I could have it also, but it really doesn't make or break my choice to use a BB. I get weary of people complaining about BB not having this or that, when I know for a fact a large pecentage of them cannot master what they are using now. My 9930 rocks on wifi, my car will do 175 mph and I have gone 160 in it across the Idaho/Utah border.

My business associates wife owns a 4s. She doesn't use it for anything but phone calls and she is completely technically illiterate. The only reason she bought it was simply because she could and it was something her peers would be envious of. There is a huge difference from wanting to use something that works best for you and using something that others claim is the best. Shoot me if I ever wake up in a world where strangers opinions define the way I live
    I agree with you. If the device suits your needs, that's all that matters. Where I live, there is no 4G yet, so my 4G device is primarily a 3G device. If this device was only 3G, I would have still bought it because it meets my needs, and because I know by the time 4G is in my area I will have a new device. I switch phones every 6months to a year, and my area is suppose to be covered by the end of this year.

My car doesn't let me go past 135 because of the governor.

I have however went 180 in my uncles STI. So much fun.

Also, I didn't think you were downplaying 4G. It just seems like it is a must have for the OP since he lives in a 4G area. I can totally see why some people would not want to buy a 3G only device right now and then be locked into contract for 2 years and all of a sudden 4G is everywhere and you can't use it.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-13-12 at 10:37 PM.
    04-13-12 10:32 PM
    But.. but.. the other phones come with 1GB of RAM!!!!

This is one of RIM's problems. The public perception is that 1GB is required. If an iDroid thing has a gig of RAM, then customers look at that and see that the phone might be better than one with 768MB.

While the 768MB works just fine, RIM needs to step up the specs of their phones simply to appear on par with the competition. Joe Average doesn't care that android is a resource hog and NEEDS a high power phone to work properly, he just sees one as "better than the other".
    I doubt that the average consumer even knows what RAM is, let alone makes it the deciding factor in his or her smartphone purchase.
    04-13-12 11:20 PM
    And by then there will be 5G or something else. Technology is progressing so fast, as soon as we own it it becomes obsolete. And by the looks of it the carriers need to play catch up with the devices capabilities. Its almost false advertising when they sell you a 4G phone. If it weren't for the small print that states "check availability in your area". It is really exciting to watch all of it exponentially progress. I owned one of the first cellular phones from At&t. It was a 3 megawatt handset that came in what looked like a grey lunchbox, and at the time it only worked in "select locations". From there to here (Bold in hand) is pretty amazing. Good talking with you avt, see you in the Forums!
    04-13-12 11:33 PM
    And it would improve the 9930 user experience how exactly? If the OP can answer that, I will try and put 10,000 gig RAM on my 2.2 ghz macbook. Cos you know 10000 gig is better than 2 gig RAM.
    OMG because every other phone manufacturer isn't stupid enough to have apps stored on RAM instead of the hard drive. By your comment I assume you enjoy getting "this page is too big to load, we are closing you browser"?
    04-13-12 11:57 PM
    because 1GB is better than 768 duh!
    Your so funny man yet its true!
    04-14-12 12:30 AM
    OMG because every other phone manufacturer isn't stupid enough to have apps stored on RAM instead of the hard drive. By your comment I assume you enjoy getting "this page is too big to load, we are closing you browser"?
    It would be highly irritating if the browser shut down with that message. However my 9900 browser has never once given me that message, so I don't know what you are on about. How about providing me a link which would make my browser give that message?
    Last edited by sam_b77; 04-14-12 at 02:00 AM.
    04-14-12 01:54 AM
    On the other hand that's what gives it security, that's what give it speed of oppening apps, multitasking etc. You can't have it all you know. They do it for a reason.

Edit- that particular browser problem does not happen anymore with OS7 devices, only happened on devices that came with OS5 and then upgraded to OS6
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 04-14-12 at 03:22 AM.
    04-14-12 03:19 AM
    @belfast,
    Apparently phoreoneone has thrown in the towel and has failed to come up with a link to crash the 9900 browser.

Seems funny since the OP made this all about the 9930, people come out of the woodwork and bring in a four year old BB to prove their argument. Just one word comes to mind...starts with a T and ends with a double L.
    04-14-12 07:12 PM
    @belfast,
    Apparently phoreoneone has thrown in the towel and has failed to come up with a link to crash the 9900 browser.

Seems funny since the OP made this all about the 9930, people come out of the woodwork and bring in a four year old BB to prove their argument. Just one word comes to mind...starts with a T and ends with a double L.
    Bro, you wouldn't know what a troll was if one walked up to you and slapped you in the face. So damn tired of hearing that term used so loosely and inappropriately these days.

Sent via tapatalk using the Samsung Galaxy Note
    Mr.Willie and Gouk like this.
    04-14-12 07:16 PM
    LOOOOOOOOOL that made me laugh I dunno why. The irony is sick!
    04-14-12 08:11 PM
    Bro, you wouldn't know what a troll was if one walked up to you and slapped you in the face. So damn tired of hearing that term used so loosely and inappropriately these days.

Sent via tapatalk using the Samsung Galaxy Note
    And I guess you would know a troll? Getting slapped a lot lately? Seriously you added nothing to the topic made a statement and left. I came, I trolled, I left...that's your motto.
    04-15-12 05:24 AM
    hmm..

this thread is a load of twaddle...I call three strikes..

1. yes you do need a gmail a/c for an android phone.but there does not need to be any information in that gmail a/c. there is no requirement to have your contacts in that gmail a/c. Nor is there a requirement to sync your phone's contact list with your gmail a/c. .. ergo: google having your contacts = BS
    2. anyone who remotely thinks apple takes care of your personal information any better than google ?.................apple = ethical = BS
    3. this one it too funny to type... Bing search = good = BS
    04-15-12 09:19 AM
    hmm..

2. anyone who remotely thinks apple takes care of your personal information any better than google ?.................apple = ethical = BS
    How they use it and what they use it for, at the moment, are different AKAIK. Google uses way more because they are primarily ad-driven. To be fair, I do believe Google is very upfront that they will data mine just about everything (e.g. through Gmail texts etc., the last I read up on this) for keywords to better target search. I accept that is the price for using their "free" software. My main objection is that I think they pass too much on to their customers, the ad deliverers, and I am uncertain how much they anonymize it.

Apple claims they send aggregate data to their ad deliverers so that individuals can't actually be picked out and I have no reason yet to disbelieve it. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
    04-15-12 09:34 AM
    Just a quick neophyte question: will not the browsing experience on any BlackBerry be slightly delayed compared to Android and IOS because all data comes through BB servers compressed??? A little lag for improved data usage seems better for those that have restrictive data plans.

I have Sprint, of course unlimited (but slow).
    04-15-12 05:00 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD