BlackBerry's "Keys to the City" Unlocks Your City with BBM - N4BB

Unlock the keys to the city, very interesting promo to spread the word about blackberry.
    Get your pin through BBM and let me know what kind of offers or deals they are giving.
    SK122387 and 93Aero like this.
    07-30-13 01:21 AM
    Interesting. Added the Los Angeles BB10 Pin. Let's see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:25 AM
    I added the PIN for L.A. already.

I really like this idea. It shows us that BlackBerry's marketing CAN do cool, different, interesting stuff.

Good job to whoever came up with this idea. I think it will be great.
    07-30-13 01:36 AM

I really like this idea. It shows us that BlackBerry's marketing CAN do cool, different, interesting stuff.

Let me know what its all about very curious, us poor folk in the rest of the world get no keys lol!!!!
    07-30-13 01:48 AM
    Let me know what its all about very curious, us poor folk in the rest of the world get no keys lol!!!!
    This is a cool concept. Doesn't seem to be much too it yet though. For example, when you select "New York" and "AT&T" it directs you to ATT's web page featuring the Q10 with no discounts.

I anticipated offers to use throughout the city.
    07-30-13 02:08 AM
    I'd feel sorry for people not in the U.S., but chances are, your country got BB10 phones before we Americans did. That's a prize in itself

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and Stewartj1 like this.
    07-30-13 02:09 AM
    I'd feel sorry for people not in the U.S., but chances are, your country got BB10 phones before we Americans did. That's a prize in itself

Posted via CB10
    So nothing when you add the pin for BBM?
    07-30-13 02:35 AM
    In Nashville but added Atlanta (still go there from time to time). Let's see if this does anything in the morning.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 and loving it!
    07-30-13 02:44 AM
    So nothing when you add the pin for BBM?
    I added is but they haven't accepted me yet. It's 12:50am here, so I'm guessing whoever's in charge of that PIN is probably asleep already and will start accepting people tomorrow.

When did BlackBerry start this promotion?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 02:51 AM
    I added is but they haven't accepted me yet. It's 12:50am here, so I'm guessing whoever's in charge of that PIN is probably asleep already and will start accepting people tomorrow.

When did BlackBerry start this promotion?

Posted via CB10
    Don't know, just came across this while browsing other forums.
    Post tomorrow and let me know if there is anything to this promo.
    Thanks
    07-30-13 03:03 AM
    Interesting idea but I am curious as to why this would roll out absent several major markets, specifically New York City, Boston, Dallas - Fort Worth, San Francisco, etc. Yes I am aware it is new and you can't do everything all at once but it seems very short-sighted to me to run such a good promo that misses huge population centers from the start.
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-30-13 10:30 AM
    LOL...all I can say is if it is a person managing accepting people, this is an incredibly poorly executed idea.

I hope the delay in acceptance is for another reason.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    07-30-13 10:54 AM

It's absolutely useless unless they advertise it in some way.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-30-13 10:58 AM
    No NYC? How can you have promo and not have NYC

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:08 AM
    No NYC? How can you have promo and not have NYC

Posted via CB10
    If you visit the actual BlackBerry page there's a slot for NY/NJ/CT. There's also a national pin. I wonder if I can add that pin on top of the LA pin.

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    07-30-13 11:35 AM
    So, I was selected for a "key benefit" (DC area)... let's see what happens!

edit: Hopefully this isn't spam!

edit2: They say I won a Q10! What? I'll believe it when I see it.
    07-30-13 11:50 AM
    whats the pin for the NYC one and CT one
    07-30-13 12:00 PM
    So, I was selected for a "key benefit" (DC area)... let's see what happens!

edit: Hopefully this isn't spam!

edit2: They say I won a Q10! What? I'll believe it when I see it.
    If this is true, then this better be coming to Canada like NOW
    07-30-13 12:02 PM
    If this is true, then this better be coming to Canada like NOW
    BlackBerry shouldn't really focus on marketing or promotions to Canada as they know that they pretty much have Canada locked up. BlackBerry is popular there. The US is a different story. They need to get a foot in the door.
    07-30-13 12:08 PM
    Sent my request to the LA area and was accepted fairly quickly with a nice message from "Q149 BBKMT" stating: "Hi! The new Blackberry Q10, with fully QWERTY keyboard, is here and this summer we're spreading the #keyboardlove. We'll keep you posted on BBM as we celebrate some of our favorite 'keys' with exclusive benefits - each designed to keep keyboard lovers moving. Expect an update each week, and i fyour names comes up for one of our bigger benefits we'll reach out to you on BBM".

interesting and we'll see what comes of it.
    07-30-13 12:11 PM
    Sounds legit.

They said I should hear from one of their reps in a few days. Sweet! Looks like I might be able to give the wife a Q10 after all! It'll be better than the old cracked screen-having iPhone 4 she's been rocking for sure
    07-30-13 12:21 PM
    they're using the same PIN for the whole country, and haven't even changed the descriptions for all regions... good thing they haven't announced this publicly yet.

New York - If you're in New York discover an exclusive set of benefits for BlackBerry users, including car service for a week, the chance to meet with an expert in your field, VIP access to the Barclay's Center and more. To learn more add us on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) at:
    PIN: check the site for updated pin

New Jersey - If you're in New York discover an exclusive set of benefits for BlackBerry users, including car service for a week, the chance to meet with an expert in your field, VIP access to the Barclay's Center and more. To learn more add us on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) at:

Connecticut - If you're in New York discover an exclusive set of benefits for BlackBerry users, including car service for a week, the chance to meet with an expert in your field, VIP access to the Barclay's Center and more. To learn more add us on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) at:

Atlanta - If you�re in Atlanta discover an exclusive set of benefits for BlackBerry users, including the chance to attend the Formula One Race in Austin, device giveaways, an open ticket with Delta Air Lines and more. To learn more add us on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) at:

Chicago - If you�re in Chicago discover an exclusive set of benefits for BlackBerry users, including the chance to attend the Formula One Race in Austin, device giveaways, an open ticket with Delta Air Lines and more. To learn more add us on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) at:

Houston - If you�re in Houston discover an exclusive set of benefits for BlackBerry users, including the chance to attend the Formula One Race in Austin, device giveaways, an open ticket with Delta Air Lines and more. To learn more add us on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) at:

Los Angeles - If you�re in Los Angeles discover an exclusive set of benefits for BlackBerry users, including the chance to attend the Formula One Race in Austin, device giveaways, an open ticket with Delta Air Lines and more. To learn more add us on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) at:

Miami - If you�re in Miami discover an exclusive set of benefits for BlackBerry users, including the chance to attend the Formula One Race in Austin, device giveaways, an open ticket with Delta Air Lines and more. To learn more add us on BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) at:

Verizon, T-Mobile & AT&T Deals - New BlackBerry Z10 & BlackBerry Q10 Phones - US
    Last edited by FCSC; 07-31-13 at 10:06 AM.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-30-13 12:27 PM
    If you visit the actual BlackBerry page there's a slot for NY/NJ/CT. There's also a national pin. I wonder if I can add that pin on top of the LA pin.
    If you click either the NJ or CT slot you are directed to New York so if you are,as an example, a person in New Haven, Bridgeport, Hartford, Newark, Jersey City, Trenton or anywhere else in those two states looking for this to be location specific, this is useless to you.
    07-30-13 12:55 PM
    BlackBerry shouldn't really focus on marketing or promotions to Canada as they know that they pretty much have Canada locked up. BlackBerry is popular there. The US is a different story. They need to get a foot in the door.
    Far from a lock, Blackberry is 3rd here too. The market may be small, but they can't give up on their hometown. Additionally, although I am no market guru, I imagine you don't want to give up on the markets you're already more successful in. Especially when the race is still close

And hell I want to win some swag too.
    07-30-13 01:26 PM
    Cool so there was something to this keys to the city promo after all.
    And to that guy who won a Q10 hope its legit. Hope they do this kind of thing everywhere can't hurt to give special deals to your customers.
    07-30-13 02:45 PM
202 123 ...