I'm surprised I can't find this question asked anywhere in the past, but I'm also afraid I already know the answer (is no)...

I'd like to know if there's a memory card reader that I can connect directly to the BlackBerry's USB port (in my case, a Storm) that will allow me to read directly off of SD and Sony MemoryStick flash.

I'd be using this to transfer jpegs directly out of the cameras and into the BB for uploading to Facebook and email.

I'd like to avoid using Micro SD adapters / opening the back cover / rebooting the device.
    09-23-10 03:21 PM
    The Storm would need the proper drivers installed for this to work, and those drivers can only be installed to a computer.

Does your camera support Bluetooth?
    09-23-10 03:30 PM
    You can easily use a multi-card reader for that operation. There are plenty to choose from at tigerdirect, ebay and amazon, or the online dealer you're most comfortable with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 04:26 PM
    The Storm would need the proper drivers installed for this to work, and those drivers can only be installed to a computer.

Does your camera support Bluetooth?
    So you saying I'd need drivers that don't actually exist, yes?

No, none of the cameras have Bluetooth. Though I wonder if a WiFi-equipped BB would talk to one of those WiFi-enabled SD cards (not that I'm going to shell out for one).

Hey, thanks for your input.
    09-24-10 02:59 AM
    The BlackBerry USB port is not capable of hosting devices (other than a computer) plugged into the USB port.
    09-24-10 06:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD