Well, my 2 years are up and my original S1 is on its last legs, but it has served me well. I have never had another BB, and I've heard rumors of an S3. I really liked the touchscreen and don't want a trackball or flip/slide-out guy, so I ask for help in making my decision. I"ve heard the Droid 2 is cool and the Thunderbolt as well, but their battery lives suck.
    CB Nation, your thoughts are sought and appreciated.
    (Carrier is Vermizerable and work will pay for it!)

Thanks
    06-14-11 12:27 PM
    Well, the thing is, new phone are just around the corner (in terms of BB.) If you are done with BB, then there isn't a whole lot I can add to this conversation, however, the new blackberries coming out are on point.

If I were you I'd just wait it out a few more months. Good things are coming.
    06-14-11 01:02 PM
    The tales of Batterylife on the Android devices are drastically over stated, both on the pro and the con side of the battery life.

HOW long do you go between charges?
    How much time is the screen of your blackberry on in an hour?
    Do you love / Hate the blinking Red LED?
    How many email addresses do you run? and how important is being able to search your archived emails?

For me, I would be keeping the Storm until the next Blackberry full touch screen is out, which could be 6 months from now, IF the storm is still working. because I really love my little LED, and the UI on the blackberry is the best UI on the market for me currently, but that is ME, everyone has a different love.

you certainly should go to Android Central and read about the Android phones there, were there will be less trolling about them than here.
    06-14-11 01:38 PM
    You could check the HTC ChaCha is coming out so... you may check that out. It's on AT&T though.
    06-14-11 02:07 PM
    Start by making a list of your requirements. 3 Columns, Must, Must-Not, Don't-Care. Compare the tech specifications, make your shortlist from the available phones than get some hands-on time with the demo models in a phone store. Decide which one fits your hands and works as you like it.
    06-14-11 05:13 PM
    If it was me, I'd try to see if the Storm could hold out until the Monaco hits the market. It really does sound like it is going to be a stellar device.

I know when my contract was up, my Tour was on its way out. None of the new devices were announced yet, and the only BB upgrade available was the 9650 (not much of an upgrade). I couldn't see getting tied onto a two-year contract on the Bold when new devices would probably be out in less than a year. But now that devices have been announced, it might be worth making the current device stretch out the wait.
    06-14-11 08:14 PM
    Thank you all for your advice.
    06-17-11 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD