Ok I tried debranding my Curve 8320 and all the thing will do now is blink the LED red (small indicator light on top right corner)? What is a lameo like me to do? I think I traved to far into a land I had no business going. Oh, and I took the battery out and still red, red, and more red. I hope some one can help me save myself from myself. One other thing, the screen is dark and it was an unlocked T-Mobile phone and my service is AT&T.
    02-25-09 11:03 PM
    what do you mean "debranding"
    02-25-09 11:07 PM
    My guess is that you bricked it. Do a search on here about how to revive a bricked/nuked berry. It should give you a step by step guide of what you should do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 11:10 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    I am unsure what you mean by "debranding" it if it was truly and unlocked phone. Did you try and update the Operating System?

Anyway, it does sound like you may have a bricked phone. If you already don't have it, I highly suggest downloading DM 4.6 to your computer and installing it and also downloading and installing the latest Operating System for your phone through AT&T.

Then follow the link in my sig to How to fix a dead berry.

I highly suggest that once your BB is back up and running that you try and take some time to read through the 101 Lecture Series and Tips and How To's which also have links in my sig. There is a wealth of information and you will really get to know your BB and be able to get the most out of it. Also you will unlikely end up in this kind of situation again.

Again, Welcome to Crackberry!

~Jazzi~

02-25-09 11:23 PM
    what do you mean "debranding"
    Remove the carrier specific OS and reinstall another
    02-25-09 11:51 PM
    My guess is that you bricked it. Do a search on here about how to revive a bricked/nuked berry. It should give you a step by step guide of what you should do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    OK I am a noob and I can't attach the link or paste it here...so lets try this:

This is what I tried: www extremeskins com / showthread.php?p=6126348 (but add some .'s and remove a few spaces)
    02-25-09 11:52 PM
    Remove the carrier specific OS and reinstall another
    Installing another carriers os will not de brand the phone. The startup screen cannot be changed. You can install any carriers os onto your phone as long as you delete the vendor xml file. Take a read through the proper upgrade link in my signature
    02-25-09 11:55 PM
    And to recover it look at the 101 link in my signature and go to the link that says "how to recover a nuked berry"
    02-25-09 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD