Hmmm, and there's me thinking automatic daily backup to a secure native BB cloud is better then all that complicated stuff you just listed. Silly me lol.

Here's a thought, I don't think Drake is a geek.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Complicated? You just save to a different spot lol. Anyways, I'm done here.

Take care, pun intended haha

Posted with my Q10!
    extisis likes this.
    01-23-14 02:36 PM
    Complicated? You just save to a different spot lol. Anyways, I'm done here.

Take care, pun intended haha

Posted with my Q10!
    Drake:

I like to write lyrics on my BB, they're tiny files and I like them periodically backed up to a safe native cloud where nobody else can get their hands on them.

Geek:

Here's how to access 10 terabytes from 10 different hard drives on a Q10.

LWKING likes this.
    01-23-14 02:41 PM
    Obviously he wouldnt switch to the Q10. Its much less efficient for the thingss he needs a phone for: emails, calling, messaging, writing notes. All of these are more cumbersome on bb10.
    Well, Legacy vs. BB10 has been debated over and over on this site. Do you really believe this is true? So far I've been Legacy BBOS & BIS all the way. I never went for Protect (don't really want cloud), so I've always made backups three or four times a week with Desktop Software. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. But that said, the Q10 appeals to me for the following reasons: BBM video calling, Skype, 4G/LTE, and this mentioned ability with Link to access my home laptop using a BlackBerry.
    01-23-14 04:14 PM
    At his recent Album signing day he was rocking a Q10 this photo could very well be old

Posted via CB10
    LWKING likes this.
    01-23-14 04:41 PM
    At his recent Album signing day he was rocking a Q10 this photo could very well be old

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I'm not done here after all! Proof that I'm not the only one that saw this lol

Posted with my Q10!
    01-23-14 06:31 PM
    Maybe I'm not done here after all! Proof that I'm not the only one that saw this lol

Posted with my Q10!
    well at least this shut someone else up in the thread *wink wink*

edit: smh i stand corrected.
    Last edited by extisis; 01-24-14 at 01:29 AM.
    LWKING likes this.
    01-23-14 06:44 PM
    Well, Legacy vs. BB10 has been debated over and over on this site. Do you really believe this is true? So far I've been Legacy BBOS & BIS all the way. I never went for Protect (don't really want cloud), so I've always made backups three or four times a week with Desktop Software. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. But that said, the Q10 appeals to me for the following reasons: BBM video calling, Skype, 4G/LTE, and this mentioned ability with Link to access my home laptop using a BlackBerry.
    Yes this is true, and its completely attributed to keyboard shortcuts, homerow of keys and trackpad. These made calling/msging/text editing incredibly efficient.

I'm not saying BBOS phones are more advanced, to the contrary, BB10 has more technologically advaned features like video calling, 4G etc. We're talking about a professional non-techie tho, so those things arent important.

If only BlackBerry kept the shortcuts, hard keys and trackpad with the new bb10 tech. . .

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 08:03 PM
    Yes this is true, and its completely attributed to keyboard shortcuts, homerow of keys and trackpad. These made calling/msging/text editing incredibly efficient.

I'm not saying BBOS phones are more advanced, to the contrary, BB10 has more technologically advaned features like video calling, 4G etc. We're talking about a professional non-techie tho, so those things arent important.

If only BlackBerry kept the shortcuts, hard keys and trackpad with the new bb10 tech. . .

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 has the shortcuts! If you run a search, I actually made a thread listing every single one of them in the Q10 forum. I personally think I deserved a sticky to help make others aware of them, but hey, what do I know?

Posted with my Q10!
    01-23-14 08:11 PM

Exactly. This is precisely why I'm torn. I love my Bold, but video calling, skype, LTE, and remote access are intriguing.
    01-23-14 08:13 PM
    The Q10 has the shortcuts! If you run a search, I actually made a thread listing every single one of them in the Q10 forum. I personally think I deserved a sticky to help make others aware of them, but hey, what do I know?

Posted with my Q10!
    The shortcuts are weak on Q10 vs 9900. Some are completely missing from within apps but most importantly, there's no application shortcuts from the homescreen. Thankfully with 10.2.1 they are bringing back true speed dialing from the homescreen.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 08:36 PM
    The shortcuts are weak on Q10 vs 9900. Some are completely missing from within apps but most importantly, there's no application shortcuts from the homescreen. Thankfully with 10.2.1 they are bringing back true speed dialing from the homescreen.

Posted via CB10
    You literally just type the first few letters of the app you want to open, and it's done... You can play songs like this too. It's universal search on roids

Posted with my Q10!
    01-23-14 11:41 PM
    Drake the type of dude that wants to get rid of his BlackBerry but doesn't like break ups

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    LWKING and extisis like this.
    01-23-14 11:50 PM
    You literally just type the first few letters of the app you want to open, and it's done... You can play songs like this too. It's universal search on roids

Posted with my Q10!
    Easier to press just one letter don't you think? Plus I find BBOS universal search faster.

01-24-14 12:11 AM
    This is precisely why I'm torn. I love my Bold, but video calling, skype, LTE, and remote access are intriguing.
    'tis the future my friend, look beyond the horizon it's there for the taking
    01-24-14 12:12 AM
    Drake the type of dude that wants to get rid of his BlackBerry but doesn't like break ups

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    Drake the type of guy that won't go skydiving because he's afraid of letting go

Posted with my Q10!
    01-24-14 12:33 AM
    Easier to press just one letter don't you think? Plus I find BBOS universal search faster.

The time difference is negligible. We're talking about a letter here. I bet you type pretty fast on the keyboard. You can open any app like this, along with many other things like videos, files, google searches, etc. It doesn't have to be assigned like on the 9900. The Q10 is faster inherently. If you were to open the same app using shortcuts on the Q and the 9900 side by side, the Q would win. The hardware improvements in the Q make up for the hundredths of a second difference between key presses.

There may be one or two less key presses, but it doesn't matter if you find BBOS faster. It isn't.

Posted with my Q10!
    extisis likes this.
    01-24-14 12:42 AM
    The time difference is negligible. We're talking about a letter here. I bet you type pretty fast on the keyboard. You can open any app like this, along with many other things like videos, files, google searches, etc. It doesn't have to be assigned like on the 9900. The Q10 is faster inherently. If you were to open the same app using shortcuts on the Q and the 9900 side by side, the Q would win. The hardware improvements in the Q make up for the hundredths of a second difference between key presses.

There may be one or two less key presses, but it doesn't matter if you find BBOS faster. It isn't.

Posted with my Q10!
    Yes, what you describe us also on BBOS, so you have both options. Also I find all native apps open faster in BBOS. Heavy apps is a different story, BB10 handles those a lot better.

01-24-14 01:24 AM

Posted with my Q10!
    The point is to avoid using the touchscreen at all. That is the step that makes it cumbersome. If I could type "bbm" and hit enter to open it, it would be okay, but then why not just type "n" to open it. Way faster. In fact, the fastest way possible.

'c' to compose would be amazing, "b" for browser, "m" for hub. If u want to search type 's' first and then search. All like it used to be on bbos. I find it hard to believe people use search more than opening an app, composing a msg or opening the hub. Seriously.

I'm not too upset at the moment because this can all be implemented into bb10 and I think it will. Additional keyboard shortcuts within core apps needs to come back, like controllling the music player. Also would be cool to have new ones like using the "space" bar to hang up a call. Touching glass doesnt provide any tactile feedback for confirmation that a request was input. This is critical for any input into a computer.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 02:09 AM
    Guess we're not talking about Drake anymore. *plays Headlines in bg*

Posted via Z10 with CB10 on BB10 OS X.II.I.MCMXXV
    LWKING likes this.
    01-24-14 02:39 AM
    Nobody will upgrade if they still selling bbos on their website...like...i don't get that...offer PPL upgrade to bb10!!!
    01-24-14 06:06 AM
    The point is to avoid using the touchscreen at all. That is the step that makes it cumbersome. If I could type "bbm" and hit enter to open it, it would be okay, but then why not just type "n" to open it. Way faster. In fact, the fastest way possible.

'c' to compose would be amazing, "b" for browser, "m" for hub. If u want to search type 's' first and then search. All like it used to be on bbos. I find it hard to believe people use search more than opening an app, composing a msg or opening the hub ...
    I understand this, because I'm on Legacy, but this is just a debate between keyboard shortcuts or Universal Search. I agree, the keyboard shortcuts should all be back as an option on BB10. I've used both on my bold. I know all the shortcuts by heart, but I'm really a Univeral Search user, because I find that for communication purposes I don't ever need to open any messengers (BBM, YIM, Google Talk) I already have always open. But even if I wanted to look at one, I can just press and hold the menu key and scroll over to it with the app switcher. I can press and hold a speed dial key to call someone, or I can hit the green phone key and start to type a contact's name to call, or I can press my right convenience key and hit "c" to compose an email or press menu and select "compose other" to compose a text, PIN, BBM, or IM, or I can start to type a contact's name while on the home screen, click on his contact, and there are all the options to reach him including BBM, YIM, and Google talk, email addresses, and phone numbers. I also find that it's faster for me to type "files" and have the icon presented to me than have to look for the icon when there isn't a shortcut. Furthermore, when I'm in a hurry, I want to type "ken" without remembering to hit "s" for search the way I would have to on keyboard shortcuts. Start to type "ken" without hitting "s" first, and "k" locks the phone. Again, all good I love the option to use shortcuts, but I find that when I'm busy and in a hurry my setup which includes Universal Search allows me to function without thinking at all.

Now here's what I don't get. How is BB10 type-n-go any better than Universal Search? How is it better, faster, or more efficient to have to type "bbm ken" or "call ken" when on BBOS all I have to do is type "ken," click on his contact, and there is every option selectable right in front of me in his contact?
    01-24-14 07:19 AM
    I'll just speak for myself then. Coming from a legacy device with keyboard shortcuts and Universal Search, I think BB10 does a great job with the keyboard shortcuts. All of the ones that I used are here. I personally don't see any that are missing. They even added gesture shortcuts for good measure! Opening an app with 1 letter vs 3 is different, but I don't consider that a deal breaker. It's just different.

For the record, with type and go, if your selection is highlighted after you start typing you don't have to touch the screen. Pressing "enter" opens the app/contact/whatever

Also, if you type "ken" on your Q10 and press enter, all of the actionable selections (call, text, email) are there. You don't have to type "call ken," "text ken," etc.

Now, time for everybody to listen to some Drake

Posted with my Q10!
    extisis likes this.
    01-24-14 08:52 AM
    Also, if you type "ken" on your Q10 and press enter, all of the actionable selections (call, text, email) are there. You don't have to type "call ken," "text ken," etc.
    Thanks. I didn't know this. I just watched the videos where Vivek and people from cb were shown typing "bbm adam," etc. Made me think you had to type the command.
    01-24-14 11:47 AM
    Thanks. I didn't know this. I just watched the videos where Vivek and people from cb were shown typing "bbm adam," etc. Made me think you had to type the command.
    BB10 is more efficient than you think, padawan
    01-24-14 12:35 PM
74 123