anyone have this problem? My phone just shut off and reboots for no reason.
    Ive got the 8310
    03-26-09 09:10 PM
    Do a search for memory loss and that may be your issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 09:12 PM
    options>status and post your file free memory..... You want it over 12mb, if its lower you have found your issue and we can sort it from there.
    03-26-09 09:13 PM
    options>status and post your file free memory..... You want it over 12mb, if its lower you have found your issue and we can sort it from there.
    says 7112255 bytes
    03-26-09 09:15 PM
    Mine does that too and I have 47mb of file free memory.
    03-26-09 10:08 PM
    says 7112255 bytes
    That is really poor - 7mb. Here is what you can do

1. Delete all texts or unneeded texts and emails. People who save hundreds of texts will eventually have memory related issues.

2. Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close) as well as move all media (ringtones, pictures, video etc) to a media card - if you dont have a media card its a good idea to get one to keep the pictures, ringtones off the device memory.

3. Clear your browser cache (browser>options>cache operations) as well as the event log........On your keypad hold down the alt key and type lglg and clear the event log (ignore the warning).

4. If you have too many themes or applications maybe cut down on a few you dont use. Facebook would be the first place I would go for an app that needed to be deleted.

Keep an eye on what applications are running hold alt & hit esc (button right of the trackball) it will show you 5. (phone, messages, bbm, home screen, browser) anything else in there is running and you should look into it.. After you complete many of these if not all - pull the battery with the phone on, wait 30 seconds, replace, when you boot back up check your new file free memory size.

This thread below will help you if you want to do even more memory optimization.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    03-26-09 10:21 PM
    Cr0nichik, your file free is low. Delete the log that comes up when you hold the shift Alt key and press lglg. Clear your browser cache and delete any old email and MMS messages you don't need.

Move all your pics, ringtones, and videos to your memory card. Do a battery pull by removing your battery with the power on, wait 30 seconds then reinstall the battery and post your file free after it reboots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:22 PM
    Ok i did all of that and now the memory is 24328290...that ok?
    03-27-09 07:26 AM
    Ok i did all of that and now the memory is 24328290...that ok?
    Yes, that's much better, it's very good.

The rebooting issue has stopped, yes?
    03-27-09 07:27 AM
    Yes, that's much better, it's very good.

The rebooting issue has stopped, yes?
    I just finished deleting all that stuff...so far so good. No random restarts as of right now. Ill keep you posted =) thanks you all!!!!
    03-27-09 07:34 AM
    My phone has about the same memory and it still randomly reboots. But always closing apps and stuff helps prevent that. Trust me I have had the random reboot case too. It sucks, glas it all under control! Welcome to CB btw.
    03-27-09 07:36 AM
    My phone has about the same memory and it still randomly reboots. But always closing apps and stuff helps prevent that. Trust me I have had the random reboot case too. It sucks, glas it all under control! Welcome to CB btw.
    Thank you!!!!
    03-27-09 07:39 AM
    Thank you!!!!
    It's also a good idea to clear out your java event log, to do that hold the alt key and type lglg, then once it's displayed press the BB button and select clear log, that should free up almost 1/2 a G.

Also I checked your profile, you are a Verizon tech, and you have an ATT phone? What's up with THAT!!!!! LOL!
    03-27-09 07:48 AM
    It's also a good idea to clear out your java event log, to do that hold the alt key and type lglg, then once it's displayed press the BB button and select clear log, that should free up almost 1/2 a G.

Also I checked your profile, you are a Verizon tech, and you have an ATT phone? What's up with THAT!!!!! LOL!

That totally just bumped me up to 33076176 of free memory! I never knew that! THANK YOU DAD
    03-27-09 07:51 AM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ur not supposed to say anything!!! bwahahaha

ATT>Verizon

i like their service better =)
    03-27-09 08:13 AM
    Really you like ATT better? I like verzion pretty good, but I've been thinkin about going to ATT for this one phone that NO OTHER carrier will EVER have. :X
    03-27-09 08:16 AM
    Really you like ATT better? I like verzion pretty good, but I've been thinkin about going to ATT for this one phone that NO OTHER carrier will EVER have. :X
    yeah i like it...im addicted to texting and never use my minutes...i have like 10k roll over minutes but use like 7-10k texts every month =)
    03-27-09 08:28 AM
    btw my phone is working a crap ton better now!! srsly thanks a bunch. it was runnin pretty slow.
    03-27-09 08:35 AM
    Dang you are racking it up girlfriend!
    03-27-09 08:35 AM
    LOL i try...I get bored at work and my innanets is limited here so i depend on my BB to keep me company throughout the day rofl. It keeps me entertained lol
    03-27-09 08:37 AM
    well maybe ill add you to bbm if that is cool! i have no girls to talk to on the darn thing!
    03-27-09 08:43 AM
    Saweeeet add meh. I have like 2 girls on my list...most are leg humping guys that ask me if im a virgin....wtf is up with that?
    03-27-09 09:02 AM
    Yes I usually try and stay away from most of the guys! I have like two that I added from CB, but they are pretty much awesome! I'm adding you rightttttt now.
    03-27-09 09:25 AM
    sweet. im bored and could use someone with common sense to talk to rofl!!!
    03-27-09 09:35 AM
    well i added you and it is taking forever for you to get the request! GRR!
    03-27-09 09:37 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD