i know there is probably another question up here somewhere about this but i cant seem to find anything that will help... i have a blackberry curve 9300 and ive had it for like 9 months or so, i bought it brand new and the only place i ever posted my pin is on facebook (my profile is set to private) and that was when i FIRST god my phone... all of a sudden tonight in the span of like two minutes i got 13 friend requests on my bbm all at the same time, and there all in a foregin language of some sort. i tried rebooting my phone but it didnt help any, in fact i had another 6 requests when my phone turned back on. i called my phone company but they dont have any idea what is going on and keep telling me to talk to blackberry, but blackberry wants money to call them.... its just really annoying and i dont know how any of these people are and i dont want it messing up my phone, i hit the ignore button on all of them but im still getting some that go through, i guess there using a different pin or something, im just getting really tired of it and no one seems to help... if u know anything or can give me some advice i would greatly appreciate it.
    thanks
    01-02-12 11:38 PM
    It aint easy being popular.

Welcome to the club.

Morpheus and emirozmen like this.
    01-02-12 11:51 PM
    Did you recently sign into Wikitude? People can see your pin from there. foregin language is strange.
    01-03-12 12:03 AM
    i know there is probably another question up here somewhere about this but i cant seem to find anything that will help... i have a blackberry curve 9300 and ive had it for like 9 months or so, i bought it brand new and the only place i ever posted my pin is on facebook (my profile is set to private) and that was when i FIRST god my phone... all of a sudden tonight in the span of like two minutes i got 13 friend requests on my bbm all at the same time, and there all in a foregin language of some sort. i tried rebooting my phone but it didnt help any, in fact i had another 6 requests when my phone turned back on. i called my phone company but they dont have any idea what is going on and keep telling me to talk to blackberry, but blackberry wants money to call them.... its just really annoying and i dont know how any of these people are and i dont want it messing up my phone, i hit the ignore button on all of them but im still getting some that go through, i guess there using a different pin or something, im just getting really tired of it and no one seems to help... if u know anything or can give me some advice i would greatly appreciate it.
    thanks
    They're probably trying to connect with someone who has a similar PIN and gave them all the wrong one. Or maybe it's someone well known in that country and some magazine misprinted a PIN.

As for help from RIM, call your carrier and have them connect you. If you call RIM, it's $50/US per hour. But a carrier requested support ticket is free. Once they've made the connection, any future contact on that ticket can be direct and still free because it was carrier requested support.
    JR A and CanadianThomas like this.
    01-03-12 12:18 AM
    yea, i had one last night. at first i thought it was a CB user but an hour after i accepted them they disappeared. Maybe a RIM cough in the system?

Keep us updated please, if this keeps up and happens to more people a solution will be needed. I'll try and help, its what i do. Tech support, its in my blood and I can't stop
    01-03-12 12:28 AM
    It aint easy being popular.

Welcome to the club.

Lol!!!!! Definitely
    01-03-12 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD