Not sure what the deal is, but have received 4 Random "Conversations" in Blackberry Messenger in the past 12 hours... They were called something et al and I had no clue who they were.

I just ended the conversations, anyone else get these?
    04-20-09 08:53 AM
    Nope, were they friend requests

Or conversations popping up from people not in your contact list?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 08:58 AM
    They are big fat group covos that pop out of no where. I know BBM does not have a group chat so how did this pop up? And it randomly has all these people you don't know at all.
    04-20-09 09:03 AM
    People can invite any PIN # out of nowhere into a group convo.

Some people must have you on their list of contacts. It's easy for someone who you deleted to still have you on their list.

For example, if I do a backup of my phone today and you're included on my BBM list, and then you delete me today, then none of us will show on eachothers list.

Now if tomorrow I decide to do a restore of my backup from the day before that included you on my BBM list, you will show up again on my list. I won't show up on yours until I message you.

04-20-09 09:11 AM
    Nope, were they friend requests

Or conversations popping up from people not in your contact list?

Group conversations from people not on my list...
    04-20-09 09:19 AM
    in the weeks after i got my BB from craigslist, i woyuld get requests and PINGS from the previous owners contacts....... dont know if this aids but yeah cheers..
    04-20-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD