One of my good friends lives and works in India. I was talking on the phone with him for a few minutes when he tells me that Blackberry is sponsoring Radio Mirchi (98.3 FM) in New Delhi. I was pretty surprised. He also told me that he has never heard a BB commercial on radio before. The advertisement was plain but announced the release of the 9860 and 9380. The two all touch BB's. I believe the marketing efforts are already ready to go. What do you think? I definitely was surprised but there is a beautiful commercial which aired on Indian TV too! Ill see if I can find it on YouTube later
    12-17-11 06:40 AM
    Given that most of India is impoverished there are more important issues that need your friend's attention than radio and television advertisements for the BlackBerry smartphone. Besides, isn't there a dirt cheap tablet made specifically for India by some Indians living in Canada? And I am sure that tablet will be easier for the Indian Government to electronically eavesdrop on than anything coming out of Research In Motion.
    12-17-11 08:39 AM
    Given that most of India is impoverished there are more important issues that need your friend's attention than radio and television advertisements for the BlackBerry smartphone. Besides, isn't there a dirt cheap tablet made specifically for India by some Indians living in Canada? And I am sure that tablet will be easier for the Indian Government to electronically eavesdrop on than anything coming out of Research In Motion.
    Have you ever been to India?
    mithrazor likes this.
    12-17-11 08:46 AM
    One of my good friends lives and works in India. I was talking on the phone with him for a few minutes when he tells me that Blackberry is sponsoring Radio Mirchi (98.3 FM) in New Delhi. I was pretty surprised. He also told me that he has never heard a BB commercial on radio before. The advertisement was plain but announced the release of the 9860 and 9380. The two all touch BB's. I believe the marketing efforts are already ready to go. What do you think? I definitely was surprised but there is a beautiful commercial which aired on Indian TV too! Ill see if I can find it on YouTube later
    There have been ads for Blackberry for quite some time in India.
    Here are a couple of links....

And here's the latest:
    12-17-11 08:56 AM
    Umm..... I was on the phone with him at the time. It was just random. Get a life man. Don't be racist or criticize stuff without knowing details.
    12-17-11 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD