1. T
    Is there any benefit to shutting off your mobile network radio and turning it back on? What I mean is this. If a BlackBerry user is driving around within a 50 mile radius from his home, does his BlackBerry automatically lock on to the best available tower wherever he is, or does his phone stay connected to the home tower for as long as possible with a weaker signal unless he turns his radio off and back on in order to connect to a closer, stronger signaled tower? TIA.
    12-29-11 03:09 PM
    It seems to help me. Sometimes my phone wants to hang on to a weak signal longer than I like. I use an app called "signal refresh" it shuts off the radio and turns it back on with one click. I can't say that it helps my battery any but signal strength is weak for me anyway.
    12-29-11 09:04 PM
    Every now and then i do the same because it locks itself to a 2g tower and wont go into 3g hense me not getting most of my data stuff... I would recommend that or even pulling the battery once a day. I find that to be very helpful
    12-30-11 08:25 AM
  4. T
    It seems to help me. Sometimes my phone wants to hang on to a weak signal longer than I like ...
    Well expressed. I was wondering if this was happening or if it was my imagination.

Every now and then i do the same because it locks itself to a 2g tower and wont go into 3g ...
    I had no idea this could happen.
    12-30-11 08:28 AM
    ye seems to happen to me every now and then.
    i think my latest 9930 update may have fixed this but "time tells all truths"
    12-30-11 08:40 AM
    Yea your blackberry will automatically do that for you. But sometimes it won't really help you because the system may need a break. To do this, do the 3 finger salute or just pull the battery
    12-30-11 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD