What do you all think?
    05-20-12 05:37 PM
    It's Engadget

I won't read the article...I personally don't care what they think
    05-20-12 07:02 PM
    It's Engadget

I won't read the article...I personally don't care what they think
    Why comment if you have nothing to say

In any case, Engadget is the most popular technology-related media outlet right now. And more often than not it's less biased than CB for example (still can't believe Chris was serious in his Gartner article ). But that's understandable - CB is a fan site after all.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 05-20-12 at 07:36 PM.
    05-20-12 07:31 PM

In any case, Engadget is the most popular technology-related media outlet right now. And more often than not it's less biased than CB for example (still can't believe Chris was serious in his Gartner article ). But that's understandable - CB is a fan site after all.

I did comment. I wrote something

Engadget blows
    Last edited by anthogag; 05-20-12 at 09:43 PM.
    05-20-12 07:43 PM
    I mean, it's your fault. You did imply that RIM isn't Number 1.
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-20-12 07:57 PM
    To me, the article seems mostly impartial. They seem to enumerate the current situation pretty accurately:

- Nokia is ahead in terms of time and implementation
    - Ecosystem is already much bigger for Windows 7 and should grow even bigger, faster when Windows 8 hits the market
    - RIM's strength is in BB10, which they note provides great fluid user experience.
    05-20-12 08:05 PM
    I found the article meh,

I don't agree with the outcomes, the Article doesn't include BBM, nor talk about RIM having any potential infrastructure with it's BIS/BES/MF model. RIM has an Ecosystem, they just are lacking content, and they've addressed that through partnerships which I'm sure we'll see more of moving forward

Microsoft needs to make all of it's services competitive to Googles services on both SMB and Enterprise markets if Microsoft were to actually commit it's services, and if it were to focus on it's own success by Bringing REAL quality Enterprise / SMB application to Windows Phone THEN I would think Nokia has a chance to over take RIM, but Nokia is stuck with Windows Phone, and Microsoft has yet to really take Google seriously with it's online / cloud services.
    Office365 is close but still a SMB miss
    05-20-12 08:15 PM
    RIM has an Ecosystem, they just are lacking content, and they've addressed that through partnerships which I'm sure we'll see more of moving forward

Compared to others, that is being very generous. Kinda like saying the Titanic had an evacuation plan. It did, but...

But I will agree. They seem to be making a good faith effort to fix it.
    05-20-12 08:18 PM
    Don't want to click a quote box would work. Wouldn't it be bb10 vs win 7/8? Don't more manufacturers put win7 on their devices than Nokia?
    05-20-12 08:20 PM
    Don't want to click a quote box would work. Wouldn't it be bb10 vs win 7/8? Don't more manufacturers put win7 on their devices than Nokia?
    I think the general understanding is that Nokia will be the largest Windows 7/8 phone manufacturer. As in a de facto Microsoft hardware division.
    05-20-12 08:26 PM
    There will be others though, no?
    05-20-12 08:29 PM
    Compared to others, that is being very generous. Kinda like saying the Titanic had an evacuation plan. It did, but...

But I will agree. They seem to be making a good faith effort to fix it.

RIM's lack of content on their ecosystem doesn't negate they don't have a very indpeth one, people wave off BBM/BIS/BES/MF because it's been around longer than the term ecosystem, but they have a device connected, p2p network as well as a centralized server network,
    they are just dumb when it comes to consumer content delivery, and they've put new management structure in place, this is a NEW RIM, the top looks very different today than it did a year ago, so RIM needs to sign on Media content providers, and attach them to their ecosystem

Microsoft doesn't exactly have a robust ecosystem or big user base for the mobile market, so giving Nokia the ecosystem heads up, is just ignorant.
    05-20-12 08:29 PM
    Nokia is meant to be the flag ship Windows 8 device, but samsung and HTC most likely will be pushing Windows 8 devices as well.

Samsung will be pushing Windows 8 Laptop/tablet/Phones surely in 2013
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-20-12 08:31 PM
    I really don't see RIM taking 3rd place in worldwide sales. They just don't offer the range(and shouldn't) that Nokia does.

What does worry me about Nokia and what may be the biggest reason for them to fall out of favour is that they lost serious amounts of money last year. Their cash position can't hold for that long as they have much higher costs than RIM does. Though Sony is in worse shape and they are still around so who knows.
    05-20-12 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD