My trust is on bb!
    08-21-13 04:00 PM
    My trust is on bb!
    If trust only = sales.
    08-21-13 04:54 PM
    If trust only = sales.
    I would like to think there's still some chance that sales are up.

Obviously initial sales were disappointing, but since the end of May the Q10 has been more widely available, and now the Q5 has been out in a few markets as well. If my employer is any example, corporate deployments may have picked up as well.

We won't know for sure until the next quarterly report, of course, and I make the disclaimer that I may be completely wrong.
    undone likes this.
    08-21-13 05:16 PM
    It seems to me that the Q10 is selling better than the Z10. But then again I have no numbers on that but it was out of stock several times at different online locations.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:37 PM
    I would like to think there's still some chance that sales are up.

Obviously initial sales were disappointing, but since the end of May the Q10 has been more widely available, and now the Q5 has been out in a few markets as well. If my employer is any example, corporate deployments may have picked up as well.

We won't know for sure until the next quarterly report, of course, and I make the disclaimer that I may be completely wrong.
    My thoughts exactly! Hoping that the numbers truly surprise!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-21-13 06:13 PM
    I want to see some more announcements for major Fortune 500 businesses buying a boatload of devices. Also where the hell are the Canadian US UK government sales besides the DoD. Also waiting for the Frank Boulben is fired article and has been replaced by a younger successful north American marketing executive.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-21-13 06:47 PM
    I think there's a better chance of finding live dinosaurs than there is of BlackBerry coming out with good news.
    What I need to know is what happens to our phones. Will there be updated in future or are we holding bricks in our hands that hold month shelf life.

Posted via CB10
    Well... You'll still be able to make phone calls from them!
    BBM BBemail is likely to go down the drain, unless some kind of subscription service could be set up.
    You can also expect app support to dry up real fast, as devs curse that they bet on BB, and try to get on another platform...
    08-21-13 07:01 PM
    It seems to me that the Q10 is selling better than the Z10. But then again I have no numbers on that but it was out of stock several times at different online locations.

Posted via CB10
    Carrying little stock is more the reason than it selling like hot cakes.They probably order in 10 devices at a time or less. Every shop steers people clear of Blackberry.
    08-21-13 07:06 PM
    I think BlackBerry is preparing simultaneous announcement of the following:
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - Integration of BB 10.2 and cars through Bluetooth as well as rumoured apps for cars in BB World
    - BBM for iOS/Android
    - Some new app releases (Viber etc.)
    - Maybe first official news regarding the future of the company.

That's why they're quiet.
    Ahh, but if that's were the case, you'd see some more leaks, wouldn't you.

Whereas the only sort of leaks (as well as official announcement) we have seen, are about "strategic options" (a sale) and BBRY being broken up.

That's what's more likely. I think.

In fact, they're doing exactly what you'd expect them to be doing.
    First the announcement about a strategic sale (to satisfy stock regulations), and then as you inch closer to announcing the deal and breakup itself, you start seeing little leaks in the press. (Both because people can never shut up, and to see how the markets are reacting)

After you've gauged that the stock markets have reacted with optimism (however cautious) like they have in this case, THAT'S when you announce the deal. Expect to hear something next week.

(And yes, they're likely to throw you BB10 owners under the bus, but can you blame them? Imagine if you had a company like BBRY. You have 3 billion cash on hand, and if you sell now, you're likely to have 5-6 billion dollars you can distribute to the shareholders and yourself. There's a small chance you can stick it out, and survive the platform wars, but it sure isn't a big chance. What do you choose? 5 billion now for sure, or a good chance of nothing in three years?)
    08-21-13 07:13 PM
    Man I love my BB Z10!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    08-21-13 09:10 PM
    This is how we as a crackberry nation set ourselves up for disappointment. Speculate on!

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    08-21-13 09:20 PM
    Ahh, but if that's were the case, you'd see some more leaks, wouldn't you.

Whereas the only sort of leaks (as well as official announcement) we have seen, are about "strategic options" (a sale) and BBRY being broken up.

That's what's more likely. I think.

In fact, they're doing exactly what you'd expect them to be doing.
    First the announcement about a strategic sale (to satisfy stock regulations), and then as you inch closer to announcing the deal and breakup itself, you start seeing little leaks in the press. (Both because people can never shut up, and to see how the markets are reacting)

After you've gauged that the stock markets have reacted with optimism (however cautious) like they have in this case, THAT'S when you announce the deal. Expect to hear something next week.

(And yes, they're likely to throw you BB10 owners under the bus, but can you blame them? Imagine if you had a company like BBRY. You have 3 billion cash on hand, and if you sell now, you're likely to have 5-6 billion dollars you can distribute to the shareholders and yourself. There's a small chance you can stick it out, and survive the platform wars, but it sure isn't a big chance. What do you choose? 5 billion now for sure, or a good chance of nothing in three years?)
    Yeah. Plus nothing deflects criticism from Blackberry quicker than a sale.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 09:34 PM
    I would freaking love to see a marketing storm brewing.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    08-21-13 09:37 PM
    I doubt you will see an announcement for a minor version upgrade. After all, the OS, is only 8 months old.
    08-22-13 10:42 AM
    i think its just quiet because nothing is going on. apple is quiet 9 out of the 12 months a year. thats just how phone usually are, unless you are samsung where you throw out phones every 2 weeks.
    Bor Navas likes this.
    08-22-13 10:49 AM
    I think the passengers on the Titanic thought the same thing.

Anyway, as usual, hope for the best, and be prepared for the worse. That way, something in-between the two, won't be that much of a let down if nothing good happens.
    undone and Ragwan like this.
    08-22-13 11:04 AM
    Perhaps they are thinking about a way to save face and provide Playbook owners an update to BB 10. It would not be the first time that RIM did an about-face.
    08-22-13 02:55 PM
    I thought we had promised not to use the word S T O R M in any future headers?
    08-22-13 03:06 PM
    I would freaking love to see a marketing storm brewing.
    "Hey guys, let's not bother marketing when we first release our brand new full touch device with brand new Operating System and want to introduce the world to it. Also, let's not bother marketing when we release our flagship keyboard phone which the boss predicts will sell "tens of millions" of devices. Rather, let's wait until we put the company up for sale before we really do any hard target marketing. Mmmmmkaay?" - said no one ever Blackberry
    h20work, robkd and Blacklatino like this.
    08-22-13 03:42 PM
    I think BlackBerry is preparing simultaneous announcement of the following:
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - Integration of BB 10.2 and cars through Bluetooth as well as rumoured apps for cars in BB World
    - BBM for iOS/Android
    - Some new app releases (Viber etc.)
    - Maybe first official news regarding the future of the company.

That's why they're quiet.
    Well, funnily enough I suspect that's exactly what's happening!

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    08-22-13 04:02 PM
    Well, funnily enough I suspect that's exactly what's happening!

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    If you've been following BlackBerry as long as I have you learn to lower your expectations
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-22-13 04:18 PM
    With all this negativity from tech sites and financial news companies I feel BlackBerry has been really quiet lately. It seems like we are about to get slapped in the face with really good news or possibly some bad news. This anticipation is killing me and I just want the Z30 already. Come on BlackBerry--pull through.
    I expected a pun sir, and was given no pun! I'm outraged.
    08-22-13 04:25 PM
    If you've been following BlackBerry as long as I have you learn to lower your expectations
    Or have no expectations...that ways you would not be disappointed

Posted via CB10
    h20work, cmdr_dan and JeepBB like this.
    08-22-13 04:26 PM
    The greatest sin of them all has been committed, you do not use the word "Storm" on this message boards anymore.

Forgive me father...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-22-13 07:38 PM
    The greatest sin of them all has been committed, you do not use the word "Storm" on this message boards anymore.

Forgive me father...
    I see your Storm and raise you 3 playbooks
    08-22-13 07:50 PM
89 1234