Sorry guys but BB has to do a 180 on their brand perception esp in U.S. if there is any hope to turn this ship away from the iceberg.
    This is what i'm convinced is their biggest problem. The innovation is there, but what are the folks at BBRY doing to entice customers or developers? No image = Bad Image. They desperately need marketing, something I don't think they've ever 'really' had.
    CMZ_DL likes this.
    08-21-13 10:48 AM
    I'm not holding me breath for by good news from BlackBerry. Hopefully they go private but I wouldn't be surprised if something else happens. It's been a long time since BlackBerry really surprised me in a good way

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:53 AM
    quit it with the "titanic" thing or i'll put a link to a C�line Dion video.
    In last resort, we could get her to promote BlackBerry products... lol

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and robkd like this.
    08-21-13 11:03 AM
    My 2 cents: Guys, expecting BB to come out with a slew of good news is like expecting Howard Stern to be nice to you during an interview. It's not going to happen. This company is very bad at managing the brand and brand perception. I tell all who listen, BBRY is my favorite tech, but THE worst Tech brand in history. Very little spent on managing this aspect of today's business environment.

The reason for the quiet is that they are working on the devices and the code, but they don't know how to move the mountain...when the answer MIGHT be, go around the mountain. I nor anybody on this site has the answer for all the issues that are affecting the company, but i am quite certain that staying silent is not the way to go. In comparison, if on Monday here is an article written by some tech blogger stating that Samsung/Android owns the marketplace for smartphones in the 2nd Q , the very next day there will be an article written by a different tech blogger stating that the Iphone is the top selling phone in Texas. Both of these articles are paid for and supported by the PR of both companies and they are relentless, and determined to support the brand in this hyper-competitive marketplace.

BBRY, for some strange reason has not found away to deal with this tactic or even to ensure constant positive or relevant news about BBRY is on the web. Right now, the market is dictating the perception of BBRY, and it's not good.
    robkd likes this.
    08-21-13 11:20 AM
    I think BlackBerry is preparing simultaneous announcement of the following:
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - Integration of BB 10.2 and cars through Bluetooth as well as rumoured apps for cars in BB World
    - BBM for iOS/Android
    - Some new app releases (Viber etc.)
    - Maybe first official news regarding the future of the company.

That's why they're quiet.
    I agree.
    08-21-13 11:25 AM
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - Integration of BB 10.2 and cars through Bluetooth as well as rumoured apps for cars in BB World
    - BBM for iOS/Android

All these things pretty much must come in one fell swoop lol...for greatest impact...

Posted via CB10
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    08-21-13 11:27 AM
    Barrons as reported on cnbc, says that breakup and parts sale is where BB is headed. Hope not.
    08-21-13 11:35 AM
    I think there's a better chance of finding live dinosaurs than there is of BlackBerry coming out with good news.
    What I need to know is what happens to our phones. Will there be updated in future or are we holding bricks in our hands that hold month shelf life.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 11:53 AM
    Bricks, more than likely.
    08-21-13 11:57 AM
    Barrons as reported on cnbc, says that breakup and parts sale is where BB is headed. Hope not.
    If sales of BB10 devices are as bad as many believe that they are and the service revenues for BES10 are not keeping up with losses from legacy devices... it is the most logical way to protect what is left of the value of the company. Investors are NOT going to give Thor time to slowly build the platform, if after two quarters there is no sign that the "PLAN" is working.
    08-21-13 12:01 PM
    They need to really get a ad agency to do a hell of a great job.

Look at what Droid has been putting out in advertising on that new phone. Weeks of peeks and anticipation. We dont need Alicia Keys to do anything but go away. BB needs to make a huge splash and push and drop the prices across the board and show features and benefits and kick a ss and take names
    08-21-13 12:02 PM
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - BBM for iOS/Android

I think the Z30 will never see the light of day..it is just a gimmick to make potential company buyers think they have something to offer...seen the sales numbers of the Z10, it does not make any sense to release such device.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-21-13 12:19 PM
    This is what i'm convinced is their biggest problem. The innovation is there, but what are the folks at BBRY doing to entice customers or developers? No image = Bad Image. They desperately need marketing, something I don't think they've ever 'really' had.
    I agree. Back in its prime, BlackBerry didn't even NEED marketing. Word of mouth was good enough. Everyone knew someone with a BlackBerry (most likely dozens of someones). Everyone who was anyone in business had a BlackBerry, and anyone could feign importance by using a BlackBerry. Those days are a couple years behind us now. And unfortunately it's apparent that BlackBerry just doesn't know HOW to advertise their product to the current market, which is already saturated with immensely capable smartphones. I've seen some AMAZING ideas by people here. I just wish BB's marketing department was as creative as the BB userbase!
    louzer, h20work, robkd and 1 others like this.
    08-21-13 12:21 PM
    I think the Z30 will never see the light of day..it is just a gimmick to make potential company buyers think they have something to offer...seen the sales numbers of the Z10, it does not make any sense to release such device.
    What about all the units we've seen in reviews? The device seems fairly ready to me. If they don't release it it's just that much production and R&D money down the drain.
    08-21-13 12:22 PM
    What about all the units we've seen in reviews? The device seems fairly ready to me. If they don't release it it's just that much production and R&D money down the drain.
    What would be the point of releasing it? I am really curious ..Samsung is expected to release the Note 3 on Sept 4th
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-21-13 12:37 PM
    What would be the point of releasing it? I am really curious ..Samsung is expected to release the Note 3 on Sept 4th
    ....if your into that kinda thing - holding your tablet to your head. Sorry not trying to be a jerk just saw an opportunity to insert a funny. Heheeee

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 12:41 PM
    They already did. 9850/60
    Not really. If it ain't got SurePress, it ain't a Storm.
    undone likes this.
    08-21-13 01:32 PM
    You really think a buyer who may spend a few billion dollars will get sucked in by a gimmick and not do any research to see if there actually is something to offer?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 01:34 PM
    ....if your into that kinda thing - holding your tablet to your head. Sorry not trying to be a jerk just saw an opportunity to insert a funny. Heheeee

Posted via CB10
    It's so funny, Samsung laughed all the way to the bank after selling more than 5 million Note 2s in the first two months of its release. And the Note 3 is much more highly anticipated -- I wouldn't be surprised if 5 million were sold in the first month.

As the old song by The Smiths goes, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-21-13 01:37 PM
    Crackberry only allows for positive posts and threads. Negativities are shut down. So how do one improves?

BlackBerry Ltd headed for breakup as smartphone assets called essentially worthless | Financial Post

Posted via CB10
    There already is a thread on Bloomberg's item. Or are you saying that because FP picks up a piece from another source, that there should be a separate thread for it?

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...reakup-841488/
    08-21-13 01:55 PM
    I think it would do alright providing the price was within reason. Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case if their pricing of the 9720 is any indication.
    08-21-13 01:56 PM
    Everyone has to remember that just because you don't like an item doesn't mean is stupid. The Note sells well because some people have bad vision or just want a big phone. Not everyone has a tablet nor wants one. They rather have one device that does everything and many people now don't use the phone to talk except when they are forced to. If they plan on talking they'll use a headset of some type. Everyone here has to remember that there is a huge group of people that just need a phone and can be convinced to buy anything. Either their friends, commercials, or the sales person at the carrier store will persuade them on what to buy. The issue BB has esp in the US is that virtually no carrier stores are going to push the phone unless BB starts giving out large Spiffs. With no one having them here friends aren't recommending them and I've seen no commercials. As I've said in a previous post they 1st need the apps then they somehow have to get BB trending. I'm not sure how they do this or if it's already to late since BB's mind share has evaporated in the US. Without low cost phone being as cheap or as attractive as comparable priced Windows Phone 8 devices by Nokia I just don't see how this changes without a time machine. Sorry to bum everyone out but sometimes timing is everything and BB had timing when they got to #1. They took to long to get to BB10. If BB10 would have came out when they where #1 or #2 all the apps would have been developed for BB10. In this market where apps matter more than how wonderful the OS is no one has a chance without the app support that the #1 and #2 players get. Sorry for the long post.
    08-21-13 03:11 PM
    Jeez sorry for inserting my funny. You all have a point. I personally think it's silly. However the sales number on these phablet devices probably make me look silly-er lol. Sorry guys.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 03:50 PM
    They need to really get a ad agency to do a hell of a great job.

Look at what Droid has been putting out in advertising on that new phone. Weeks of peeks and anticipation. We dont need Alicia Keys to do anything but go away. BB needs to make a huge splash and push and drop the prices across the board and show features and benefits and kick a ss and take names
    I agree. Yesterday I saw a tweet from the official BlackBerry account promoting the Z10's keyboard (and "Keep Moving" and they attached a picture of blurry people riding on escalators. WTF? Just show the keyboard in action!
    08-21-13 03:51 PM
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - BBM for iOS/Android

They should annonce each if these points one week apart from each other. This way it will maximize exposure and give the impression of a company that is on the rebound.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 03:58 PM
89 1234