With all this negativity from tech sites and financial news companies I feel BlackBerry has been really quiet lately. It seems like we are about to get slapped in the face with really good news or possibly some bad news. This anticipation is killing me and I just want the Z30 already. Come on BlackBerry--pull through.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:02 AM
    I'm slowly degrading too...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:02 AM
    I think BlackBerry is preparing simultaneous announcement of the following:
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - Integration of BB 10.2 and cars through Bluetooth as well as rumoured apps for cars in BB World
    - BBM for iOS/Android
    - Some new app releases (Viber etc.)
    - Maybe first official news regarding the future of the company.

That's why they're quiet.
    08-21-13 08:09 AM
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - Integration of BB 10.2 and cars through Bluetooth as well as rumoured apps for cars in BB World
    - BBM for iOS/Android

All that would be great. Hopefully that comes soon. I would guess it might be at the blackberry jam Asia in September or whatever it's called. Let's hope so.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:14 AM
    I'm really feeling that blackberry has some tricks up their sleeve with BBM on cross platform. With it being a given that most consumers are missing BBM it could be a very powerful marketing tool. Although BB's marketing has IMO been sub par as of late.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    08-21-13 08:18 AM
    It would be great to announce all that at the same time, that's something that BlackBerry needs, to be on the news and of course for positive reasons
    This waiting is killing me too..

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    08-21-13 09:00 AM
    I feel the same. Blackberry and their customers are on the verge of something monumental for the future of the company. I'm just not sure if it's good or bad...
    08-21-13 09:11 AM
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - BBM for iOS/Android

Why not release one news at a time to maximise exposure. It could be seen as constantly keep moving as their catch phrase suggests.

JayZ10
    Made in flanders likes this.
    08-21-13 09:12 AM
    Maybe it's quiet because they have nothing to say. The notion that something big must be coming is based on nothing. It's not saying they don't but there's nothing that indicates that they do. We will see though.
    08-21-13 09:16 AM
    Maybe they are going to..... release a OS7 BlackBerry Storm!!!!!!!!!

Hence the quiet before the storm
    08-21-13 09:20 AM
    Maybe they are going to..... release a OS7 BlackBerry Storm!!!!!!!!!

Hence the quiet before the storm
    They already did. 9850/60
    08-21-13 09:24 AM
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - BBM for iOS/Android

WOW! The best smartphone dream I've ever had! Really!

Oh how I wish this would be the case. If they do announce this, will they unleash the "hounds (ad dollars)" to promote it? Don't let it sit there to promote itself, it doesn't work that way!

Maybe a strategic co-branding partnership or alliance with another company who can spend a few million to right this mother ship. I wish!

Go BB!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-21-13 09:30 AM
    - Z30
    - BlackBerry 10.2
    - BBM for iOS/Android

This would be rad, could use some good news for a change!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-21-13 09:40 AM
    I think the passengers on the Titanic thought the same thing.
    Savior4Life and Berry_Pink like this.
    08-21-13 09:42 AM
    I think the passengers on the Titanic thought the same thing.
    Wow thanks for that insanely thoughtful and positive insight!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-21-13 09:56 AM
    I think they are now looking to provide the most value to the shareholder, the management, and the board at this point, and the user base will be thrown under the bus as a result, because the former will likely result in the end of BB10 phones and the OS being bought by someone else. Sorry but this quiet time is too quiet, and I doubt that BlackBerry has an Ace up their sleeve at this point.
    Coachbulldog, m1a1mg and robkd like this.
    08-21-13 10:00 AM
    I think they are now looking to provide the most value to the shareholder, the management, and the board at this point, and the user base will be thrown under the bus as a result, because the former will likely result in the end of BB10 phones and the OS being bought by someone else. Sorry but this quiet time is too quiet, and I doubt that BlackBerry has an Ace up their sleeve at this point.
    Hope your wrong so wrong!
    ....please be wrong? LOL

Posted via CB10
    anon(4141156) likes this.
    08-21-13 10:03 AM
    I hate to be negative but if the interest is so low in BB as we saw from the Google Trends info that Kevin showed in the last podcast that something amazing would have to happen to get Android and iOS users to adapt BBM over Hangouts and Imessage. Sorry guys but BB has to do a 180 on their brand perception esp in U.S. if there is any hope to turn this ship away from the iceberg. What I see now is the movie of Titanic where they first see the iceberg and they are trying to turn. I think they could have avoided all this if they just would taken all the money they spent on advertising, super bowl, and port a thons and just paid the companies from the Top 100 apps. They could have put 1 billion towards this. Maybe there would have only been 10,000 or less apps but the ones people wanted would have been there. The software wasn't great the 1st day of release but if the apps were their people would have put up with it till now. I think many will look back at BB and think what could have been kind of like Palm. If HP would have just sunk some real money into WebOS it could be in 2nd place right now in market share.
    kbz1960, Geeoff and robkd like this.
    08-21-13 10:10 AM
    Crackberry only allows for positive posts and threads. Negativities are shut down. So how do one improves?

http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=12fa-25d2

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:13 AM
    Crackberry only allows for positive posts and threads. Negativities are shut down. So how do one improves?

http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=12fa-25d2

Posted via CB10
    This can't be life... you can not be serious!

The forums have been a cespool of negativity since the last earnings report!

Just because your bait titled thread doesn't get left open doesn't mean the mods are against negative views/opinions!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-21-13 10:18 AM
    Does it really matter what they do announce?
    Something good, is it really going to be life changing?
    Something bad, again is it going to be epic changing?
    They need to go with something positive so we can stop having thread topics like "should I buy, I'm scared". They just need to tell people what's up, being in the dark is not good for BB supporter, and it's even worse for people who were looking to jump in.
    I hate to be negative but if the interest is so low in BB as we saw from the Google Trends info that Kevin showed in the last podcast that something amazing would have to happen to get Android and iOS users to adapt BBM over Hangouts and Imessage. Sorry guys but BB has to do a 180 on their brand perception esp in U.S. if there is any hope to turn this ship away from the iceberg. What I see now is the movie of Titanic where they first see the iceberg and they are trying to turn. I think they could have avoided all this if they just would taken all the money they spent on advertising, super bowl, and port a thons and just paid the companies from the Top 100 apps. They could have put 1 billion towards this. Maybe there would have only been 10,000 or less apps but the ones people wanted would have been there. The software wasn't great the 1st day of release but if the apps were their people would have put up with it till now. I think many will look back at BB and think what could have been kind of like Palm. If HP would have just sunk some real money into WebOS it could be in 2nd place right now in market share.
    I agree mostly with your comment. In contrast though BlackBerry could throw the money at them but they still wouldn't budge because of user base and tech support ect... at least this is what I retained from the podcast yesterday. I Agree though they need to do something significant to get BlackBerry trending again. BlackBerry FTW

...dam PlayBook promise breakers.
    Ps I'm not bitter still I swear...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:20 AM
    quit it with the "titanic" thing or i'll put a link to a C�line Dion video.
    08-21-13 10:22 AM
    They need to go with something positive so we can stop having thread topics like "should I buy, I'm scared". They just need to tell people what's up, being in the dark is not good for BB supporter, and it's even worse for people who were looking to jump in.
    Agree with you right there. What's gonna kill the sales even further is that it would be harder to convince a prospective buyer to choose BB if all that they see is bad news.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:46 AM
89 123 ...