I am new to a BB device (previously had a Moto Q9c). There is only one way I have found to turn on and off Bluetooth. Currently I go to BB Menu>Manage Connections>Select 'Bluetooth'>End Call Button.

I was wondering if there was a quicker way, via a keypress shortcut or something? I need to turn it on and off frequently to keep from connecting to certain devices and save battery.

Thanks!
    11-18-09 04:09 PM
    11-18-09 04:15 PM
    It's not a free app, but if you get QuickLaunch, one of the things you can add to QuickLaunch is a Bluetooth on/off toggle.

QuickLaunch - Launch Apps, Web, Mail, SMS, Calls, Tilt Lock, Screenshot, Flashlight, Reboot n more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Wow, thanks for the fast response.

I watched the video on that link but could not quite understand how the Bluetooth could be activated/deactivated. What I would like to do is possible assign a keyboard key or one of the buttons on the side of my phone to do this. Can Quick Launch do that?

Thanks!
    11-18-09 04:25 PM
    Wow, thanks for the fast response.

I watched the video on that link but could not quite understand how the Bluetooth could be activated/deactivated. What I would like to do is possible assign a keyboard key or one of the buttons on the side of my phone to do this. Can Quick Launch do that?

Thanks!
    I second that QL works great for this. Assign QL to one of the convenience keys and assign the Bluetooth toggle as a letter (e.g. 'B') on our keyboard and you have 2 button presses to activate/deactivate BT.
    11-18-09 05:58 PM
    You can also assign "manage connections' to a convenience key and then shut it off from there; a two step process but works well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 06:16 PM
    3G Tour theme has a Click-on signal stregth icon on the main screen that toggles to manage connections > bluetooth checkbox, very convenient. I even prefer it to the QL bluetooth toggle.
    11-18-09 06:21 PM
    Not a single key method, but I have my left side key configured to open "Manage Connections". Then I select the Bluetooth line to turn on/off. HTH.

11-18-09 06:28 PM
    Same here, left side convenience key set to "manage connections", voice dialing to me is absolutely useless. I have to toggle my radio on/off because going into some buildings causes me to roam on VZW's towers and sometimes it just wants to hang on them...

11-19-09 02:46 AM
    I use quicklaunch and set my left convenience key to that. I have manage connections as my first listing in QL, and then it's just a select, scroll, select.
    11-19-09 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD