Hey guys quick question here. About 3 weeks ago I dropped my Bold in the toilet and it completely stopped working on me. I have a new phone now but I just tried to turn the Bold back on for the **** of it and it works so I just want to know if it would still be a reliable phone to use if I were to get it reactivated. I know it's probably impossible to know but if there's anybody out there with experience with this I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    10-27-10 04:07 AM
    i think if you have a new phone, dont worry about the other one use the new one.
    At least that's what i would do, some time ago a had a phone that also was damaged by water and after a while it worked but i just used to get back my contact list.
    So if your new phone is as good as the last one don't waste time or take risk trying to use again the old one
    10-27-10 05:54 AM
    i think if you have a new phone, dont worry about the other one use the new one.
    At least that's what i would do, some time ago a had a phone that also was damaged by water and after a while it worked but i just used to get back my contact list.
    So if your new phone is as good as the last one don't waste time or take risk trying to use again the old one
    Yeah my new phone is the curve and the one that i dropped in the water was a bold. The curve is fine but i was in love with that bold and I only had it for about a month so it sucks even worse. I'd switch back to it in a heartbeat if i knew I wouldn't have to worry about it randomly crapping out on me from the water damage ya know
    10-27-10 07:24 AM
    My wifes storm got wet last weekend. I put it in a bag of rice like someone here suggested and after 12 hours it was fine. You may want to try that to be safe. You never know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 10:50 AM
    I dropped my Tour in the drink yesterday. I fully disassembled it, used compressed air to blow it out and then let it sit in rice all night. It sort of worked this morning but they keyboard was still doing some funny things. I put it back in the rice and hopefully it will be back to normal tomorrow.

If not, does anyone have a Verizon Bold for sale?
    10-27-10 10:53 AM
    I dropped my Tour in the drink yesterday. I fully disassembled it, used compressed air to blow it out and then let it sit in rice all night. It sort of worked this morning but they keyboard was still doing some funny things. I put it back in the rice and hopefully it will be back to normal tomorrow.

If not, does anyone have a Verizon Bold for sale?
    You should not have used compressed air. You blew the water inside even further. Also, you should have left it in the rice at least 4 days. You can leave it in the rice longer without trying to turn it on again, but you might have permanently fried the circuit board by powering it on when it was still wet.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-27-10 10:58 AM
    I have a Bold with some water damage, and dried it out in a bag of rice. It too still works, but have issues now with it connecting properly to the network. Connection comes and goes, so my advice is to stick with the new one. Last thing you need is to have it crap out on you just when you need it most. I just use mine now as a spare Berry, temporary backup.

10-27-10 10:58 AM
    Good Morning....... There is a nice REVIEW of the Blackberry Style on crackberry. The blackberry style is perfect for the users who want a flip phone and a full keyboard. I think the Style will do good.
    10-27-10 11:16 AM
    The good thing about water, it evaporates, given a chance.

The basic function is there, but you can use the built in self test to check out everything.

Options / Status. Type T E S T and follow the directions.

Good luck.
    10-27-10 11:35 AM
    10-27-10 11:44 AM
    Thanks for all the great responses everyone I really appreciate it. I'd do the rice trick but it was about 3 weeks ago now that it got wet so I'm afraid whatever damage would have been done is already done.

I ran a diagnostics test and everything seemed ok so I called and activated it. Hopefully I don't have any issues with it but there's always my curve if I do.

Thanks again!
    10-27-10 05:26 PM
    Did you get your "new" from an insurance claim? If you did you need to return the damaged one. They will charge you full retail if you don't return it. If you paid full retail no worries then. Just asking since you didn't mention this.

10-27-10 11:51 PM
    Blackberry's can handle water pretty well if you deal with it correctly/quickly.

Get the battery out, as fast as you can.
    If it was something other then water, use distilled water to get rid of it. I have never used rubbing alcohol like the article.

I have put my device in rice to get the moisture out.

I have saved at least 3 Blackberry's that come to mind and a Laptop. (none actually mine, close friends)
    10-28-10 02:21 AM
    Alcohol is better, less impurities and it evaporates quickly. The trick is to get pure alcohol, the higher the percent the better.
    10-28-10 09:43 AM
    Alcohol is better, less impurities and it evaporates quickly. The trick is to get pure alcohol, the higher the percent the better.
    Guess that rules out Beer, Wine or Liquors.

99% Isopropyl Alcohol USP is used as a topical antiseptic and usually sold with First Aid supplys.
    10-28-10 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD