Need help "enabling" my TV so I can listen to its audio via my bluetooth headphones. I did some reading online and it seems like the majority of the stuff available is to allow audio streaming/connection from a phone to the home stereo system, not the other way around.

Any BT expert here that can provide me with some guidance on what I really need to get?
    06-18-12 10:22 PM
    Does your TV have a BlueTooth transmitter? If so, have you actually read your users manual?
    06-19-12 07:49 AM
    Unfortunately, no. That was the first thing I checked.
    06-19-12 07:54 AM
    Unfortunately, no. That was the first thing I checked.
    Ok, so to enable something that is not included I want you press the 5 minute button on the microwave and turn on the bathroom light. Your TV will now stream audio using its "non included hardware" to your BlueTooth headset.
    06-19-12 07:59 AM
    I think you misunderstood my original intent. I was looking for guidance for some bluetooth adapters than can enable audio transmission, from tv's audio out to my bluetooth stereo headphones. I know there are adapters that allow me to stream music from my cell to my home stereo, but not the other way around.

But thanks for your 2cents, Einstein lol

Ok, so to enable something that is not included I want you press the 5 minute button on the microwave and turn on the bathroom light. Your TV will now stream audio using its "non included hardware" to your BlueTooth headset.
    06-19-12 08:04 AM
    Sorry you wasted time with captain clueless there.
    There are a few options
    Sony HWSBTA2W - Bluetooth wireless audio transmitter. This is a versitile option, runs $40-60.
    Miccus BluBridge Mini-jack - Bluetooth wireless audio transmitter. This is simple, designed for mp3 players...Might not fit in a tv audio output, but radio shack might have an adapter.

12-27-12 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD