hey... i'm pretty new here and i was looking around but couldn't find anything regarding this matter, so figured i'd just start a thread.

i have an 8520... is there anyway to actually get gps on the phone? everytime i've tried it says noooo way buddy.

i doubt it has something to do with the OS... i'm on 4.6 (haven't had a chance to upgrade to 5.0 yet). but is there anyway or anything i can do to get gps on this? thank you so much
    07-17-10 05:34 AM
    The 8520 doesn't have GPS built-in, so you'll require a Bluetooth GPS Receiver.

Once you have that, pair it with your 8520; and the go:

Settings -> Advanced Options -> Location

And select the GPS Receiver as your receiver, and turn location "ON"

Hope that helps
    07-17-10 05:50 AM
    Or you can download Google Maps. It won't pinpoint you to down to exact coordenates, but will find you and provide very good guidance.

And welcome to te forums.
    07-17-10 09:20 AM
    The only way to have GPS on your 8520 would be getting a GPS receiver, as dlusted said.

Or you can download Google Maps. It won't pinpoint you to down to exact coordenates, but will find you and provide very good guidance.
    Or you can do that, also. BlackBerry Maps would be a good option, too.

Welcome to the forums!
    07-17-10 12:16 PM
    The only way to have GPS on your 8520 would be getting a GPS receiver, as dlusted said.

Or you can do that, also. BlackBerry Maps would be a good option, too.

Welcome to the forums!
    BlackBerry Maps' coverage outside the US su<ks. I'll go Google Maps anytime. I wouldn't even have it installed if SmrtGuard didn't demand it. ><
    07-17-10 12:26 PM
    This:
    The 8520 doesn't have GPS built-in, so you'll require a Bluetooth GPS Receiver.

Once you have that, pair it with your 8520; and the go:

Settings -> Advanced Options -> Location

And select the GPS Receiver as your receiver, and turn location "ON"

Hope that helps
    Really helped me solve an issue I was having with my BTGPS which would not work with Amaze after I upgraded to OS 5. Many, many thanks - was driving me nuts!

Andrew
    10-03-10 02:32 PM
    BlackBerry Maps sucks! they never update their maps..I always find myself driving in the middle of no where where I would be on an actual road that has been constructed 3 years back
    10-07-10 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD