I'm a new user and, thanks mainly to everyone here, am learning my way around my BB Pearl 8130. But I have a questions:

The little arrows in the upper right corner that flash when data is transferring sometimes come on, even when I'm not on the net or checking email. Why would it be transferring data on its own? Is there a way to check this? Or disable it altogether? I'm worried because 500MB is my allowance and if the darn thing is always transferring data on its own, I might go over...

And a second question, when in standby mode, does anyone know if that suspends all data transfer?

Thanks to any and all who can provide some input!
    08-07-09 08:11 AM
    Sometimes it has the data transfer for other data applications you may have..it may be checking for updates and whatnot. The data used is VERY small. This is normal.

I wouldn't worry too much about your 500MB allowance unless you're doing something VERY data-intensive like streaming video, listening to internet radio, or tethering. You should be fine.

Welcome to Blackberry!
    08-07-09 08:18 AM
    It also constantly searches for your network to keep you on it. But it's mostly what Artemis said. When I have my on standy and I take the standy off I see the arrows also.

Anyways, welcome to crackberry!
    08-07-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD